Body Lift

Fitting oversize tires, raising and lowering, suspension modifications...

Moderator: F9K9

BADs Crew
Crew Elite
Crew Elite

Body Lift

Post by BADs Crew »

I stoped by a 4x4 shop close to my office today to get their cost on a 2 inch body lift. Hows does $1000.00!!! sound, and they would keep my truck for 2 days. Anyone here had a shop do theirs ? If so what did you pay?
[size=75]2001 S-10 Crew , A.R.E Cap, Limo tint windows, Halogen Back up lights. Bilstein Shocks, 1.5 Rear Spacers, Summit Rear Diff Cover Clear Bumper Lights, Carbon Altezza Tail Lights, Billet Grill. SS Step Bars. GM full front bra. ,,, GM Quote concerning the gurgling heater core " They all sound like that"[/size]
F9K9
Mod K Elite
Mod K Elite

Post by F9K9 »

I dealer could install it for less than that at the official shop rate :shock:

I cannot recall seeing any prices for a BL but, I know you situation.

Drive to Lexington, KY and top_sgt and I will just charge dinner and beer (after the completion) :lol:
[size=75][b]"For those who have fought for it, [i][color=red]FR[/color][color=white]EE[/color][color=blue]DOM[/color][/i] has a taste that the protected will never know."
[url=http://www.naxja.org/forum/showthread.php?t=73349]GUIDE TO SEARCHING. [i] (Some of the forum software is different but, it has helped me a lot.)[/i][/url][/b]
[b]"Those who don't know history are destined to repeat it." Edmund Burke[/b][/size]
BADs Crew
Crew Elite
Crew Elite

Post by BADs Crew »

I've been to Lexington. I lived in Louisville for a year. My girlfriend when I lived there lived in Jeffersonville Ind. The first time I went to her house there was a big block rail siting in her driveway. She got in my car and I asked her if it was her dads and she said no its my MOMS !! everyone down their carried a gun and drove a muscle car. I loved it there. They had a used car lot in New Albany Ind just over the bridge from Louisville that sold nothing but rails.
[size=75]2001 S-10 Crew , A.R.E Cap, Limo tint windows, Halogen Back up lights. Bilstein Shocks, 1.5 Rear Spacers, Summit Rear Diff Cover Clear Bumper Lights, Carbon Altezza Tail Lights, Billet Grill. SS Step Bars. GM full front bra. ,,, GM Quote concerning the gurgling heater core " They all sound like that"[/size]
F9K9
Mod K Elite
Mod K Elite

Post by F9K9 »

I just checked it out :lol:

Take a day of on a Friday , drive it in under 8 hours (533 miles) Thats a total of $148.56 for fuel if, you get 18 MPG and gas is at $2.50 a gallon, add two nights (Friday and Saturday) in a clean motel for $150. Looks like we are at about $300, so far :D

I cannot imagine David and I running up over a $100 in food and beer :D So there is a total of $400. We buy something nice for Mrs top_sgt for $50 or so because we are making frightening noises :D

Assuming that you are unable to find a deal on the BL, add another $259 (plus shipping). We just missed one for $150 shipped. :(

We can shoot the breeze, take breaks and have you done in way under 7 hrs.

Anyway, I was overestimating but, I know it can be done for a lot less and I am sure that I can speak for top................the offer is open :D
[size=75][b]"For those who have fought for it, [i][color=red]FR[/color][color=white]EE[/color][color=blue]DOM[/color][/i] has a taste that the protected will never know."
[url=http://www.naxja.org/forum/showthread.php?t=73349]GUIDE TO SEARCHING. [i] (Some of the forum software is different but, it has helped me a lot.)[/i][/url][/b]
[b]"Those who don't know history are destined to repeat it." Edmund Burke[/b][/size]
HenryJ
Admin K Elite
Admin K Elite

Post by HenryJ »

That is the best offer you will find!

This is reminiscent of another body lift install - Body Lift Install? - questions

Bennie traveled 760 miles to my place to install his BL , Boise Springworks kit and do a TB crank :mg:

"Speed doesn't kill, suddenly becoming stationary does." - Richard Hammond
"Speed is just a matter of Money - How fast do YOU want to go?"-Mechanic from Mad Max-
If at first you don't succeed - Don't take up Skydiving!
- ThunderII KE7CSK
BADs Crew
Crew Elite
Crew Elite

Post by BADs Crew »

616.6 miles, 9 hours 29 min. if the wind is with me plus Beer :D = one tired driver when I get back. I love the offer but I don't think its in the cards. BUT I got to say this site is great just to get an offer like that. Maybe we all can hook up at a Nascar or Bush Grand National race one time.
BADs Crew
Crew Elite
Crew Elite

Post by BADs Crew »

I just saw in the other post that labor is between $250 to $300. This shop wanted $700 and 2 days to do it. I would think a fully equipped shop that has done this many times would do it in a day. I know in my days before I tore my shoulders out my buddy and I would do a complete engine swap in a day and still have some drinking time left over. I picture this shop like the one in the Cone Head Movie wish Jack Farley as the mechanic out back drinking a beer when he's suppose to be working on my truck. :|
top_sgt
Crew Elite
Crew Elite

Post by top_sgt »

like reed...aka f9k9 said....pick a weekend, we will install said body lift for his quote. you will not need to turn a wrench..... just watch and "supervise"!!! think about it!!!
2004 S10 CC ZR5 4x4 >> traded for a 2006 F150 supercrew!!
top_sgt
Crew Elite
Crew Elite

Post by top_sgt »

that "shop" is making some money off of ya!!!!!
2004 S10 CC ZR5 4x4 >> traded for a 2006 F150 supercrew!!
jeff024
Crew K Elite
Crew K Elite

Post by jeff024 »

Only people that might take more then 1 day would be someone that has to do everything by them self me an a buddy did mine in 13 hours and that lookin at the crappy instructions for a good 2 hours and all the brakes we took to eat
[size=75]2004 S-10 CREW CAB {TRADED IN}
........ 2006 Nissan Frontier Crew Cab[url=http://www.flickr.com/photos/jeff024/]PICS OF THE CREW CAB[/url][/size]
HenryJ
Admin K Elite
Admin K Elite

Post by HenryJ »

BADs Crew wrote:... I love the offer but I don't think its in the cards...

My wife said to me, "What if he is an axe murderer and you invited him over?!?"
:lol: It was all good though :mg:

Seems like quite a few here are especially shy. I offered to drive 500 miles to save some freight and gain a handshake, but was turned down. I have only met three of the members here, face to face. I guess it is one of those "internet" things. We don't really want to reveal the "man behind the curtain".

"Speed is just a matter of Money - How fast do YOU want to go?"-Mechanic from Mad Max-
- ThunderII KE7CSK
BADs Crew
Crew Elite
Crew Elite

Post by BADs Crew »

LOL my wife would say the same sh**. Tell her I got bad shoulders and I cant swing it like I use to. Make her feel better. :shock:

Oh I did say this: Maybe we all can hook up at a Nascar or Bush Grand National race one time.
F9K9
Mod K Elite
Mod K Elite

Post by F9K9 »

Mrs F9k9 is an internet bride. We are both on our third marriage and we both think that this one is a "keeper" :lol:

The offer is good to BAD or anyone else that we "invite". :D

I only add the "invite" requirement because it just takes a few comments, the comment's content , and a few intangibles to know who you would be glad to help. or to not help. :D
HenryJ
Admin K Elite
Admin K Elite

Post by HenryJ »

BADs Crew wrote:... Oh I did say this: Maybe we all can hook up at a Nascar or Bush Grand National race one time.
Yea, yeah , neutral territory with lots of witnesses around :lol: ;)

- ThunderII KE7CSK
F9K9
Mod K Elite
Mod K Elite

Post by F9K9 »

I give up! I have nothing to add that would be educational in the wildest of imaginations :lol:
jeggers
Crew Elite
Crew Elite

Post by jeggers »

BADs Crew wrote:I've been to Lexington. I lived in Louisville for a year. My girlfriend when I lived there lived in Jeffersonville Ind. The first time I went to her house there was a big block rail siting in her driveway. She got in my car and I asked her if it was her dads and she said no its my MOMS !! everyone down their carried a gun and drove a muscle car. I loved it there. They had a used car lot in New Albany Ind just over the bridge from Louisville that sold nothing but rails.

whats a rail????

(I know I should know this one and I am going to feal like a real dumb a$$)
2001 cc 2" pa body lift traded
2004 cc zr5 2" pa body lift 6" super lift 2" rear shackle and tb crank traded for a v-max Silverado
2006 V-max cc
2001 ex cab 4x4 ls work truck rufff country 2" lift sold
2012 silverado WT 2wd
F9K9
Mod K Elite
Mod K Elite

Post by F9K9 »

No, never feel like that here, we are just looking for where that is coming from. Normally a "rail" is a 1/4 rocket
jeggers
Crew Elite
Crew Elite

Post by jeggers »

1/4 rocket?????
2004 cc zr5 2" pa body lift 6" super lift 2" rear shackle and tb crank traded for a v-max Silverado
2006 V-max cc
2012 silverado WT 2wd
HenryJ
Admin K Elite
Admin K Elite

Post by HenryJ »

I think He is referring to "Rail" as in terms of a drag racing car.
Basically it is two long frame rails with a BIG engine. Steering axle on one end axle on the other.

A sling shot dragster (rail) is where the driver sits crotch over tranny, and in between or slightly behind the rear tires. I have a friend who builds and races them. His wife runs the fast car now. Females reaction times are notoriously fast. Usually faster than the guys. They make great drag racers.

If you need an example of a "Rail" , do a search for "Top Fuel Dragster" , "Shirley Muldowney" or "Big Daddy Don" , "Don Garlits", "Kenny Bernstein".
Last edited by HenryJ on Thu Aug 11, 2005 6:29 pm, edited 3 times in total.

- ThunderII KE7CSK
BADs Crew
Crew Elite
Crew Elite

Post by BADs Crew »

This

F9K9
Mod K Elite
Mod K Elite

Post by F9K9 »

That be what I meant!

I respect that like I hope people respect left hand turns. lol
AZS10Crew
Crew K Elite
Crew K Elite

Post by AZS10Crew »

If you all are into drag racing and looking for a good event to meet at, the US Nationals are coming up soon in Indy. I've been wanting to go to that ever since I moved back to IN.
[size=75]Mark
[b][i][color=red]2004 Dodge Ram 1500 4x4 Quad Cab[/color][/i][/b]
[b][color=blue]"There are no stupid questions, just stupid people."[/color][/b][/size]
jeggers
Crew Elite
Crew Elite

Post by jeggers »

:bonk:
2006 V-max cc
2012 silverado WT 2wd
barch97
Crew K Elite
Crew K Elite

Post by barch97 »

hmm.. let's see here...
$260 For the lift kit
$450 for the install

Gimme $289 and I'll drive down to Balmer pick up your truck and bring it down to "the shop" and bring it back when it's finished. And, you're still a dollar ahead of your local guy's price. :mrgreen:
BADs Crew
Crew Elite
Crew Elite

Post by BADs Crew »

Yeah I would save buck but gain a lot of miles. With the pic that you have on your Avatar I would picture my truck shooting through the woods somewhere between here and Jersey like the Dukes of Hazard boys with you sluging from a bottle of shine Yelling "YEE HAW" :shock: :)
HenryJ
Admin K Elite
Admin K Elite

Post by HenryJ »

BADs Crew wrote:... I would picture my truck shooting through the woods somewhere between here and Jersey like the Dukes of Hazard boys with you sluging from a bottle of shine Yelling "YEE HAW"
:roflmao: :thumb: " This is a fore-by...let's see what she can dew!"

- ThunderII KE7CSK
F9K9
Mod K Elite
Mod K Elite

Post by F9K9 »

Or........hold my beer boy, lemme show what she can do :roflmao:
HenryJ
Admin K Elite
Admin K Elite

Post by HenryJ »

:lol: The infamous last words..."Hold my beer , watch this..."

- ThunderII KE7CSK
F9K9
Mod K Elite
Mod K Elite

Post by F9K9 »

HenryJ wrote::lol: The infamous last words..."Hold my beer , watch this..."
Even "unlike" minds think alike :lol:
BADs Crew
Crew Elite
Crew Elite

Post by BADs Crew »

The last thing the redneck said : Watch this ya all !!l
Steve2003
Crew Elite
Crew Elite

Post by Steve2003 »

BADs Crew wrote:Yeah I would save buck but gain a lot of miles. With the pic that you have on your Avatar I would picture my truck shooting through the woods somewhere between here and Jersey like the Dukes of Hazard boys with you sluging from a bottle of shine Yelling "YEE HAW" :shock: :)
Remember the movie Deliverance! remember the old boy that had Bert Reynolds budy bent over the rock :shock:
[size=75][color=blue]2003 S-10 crew cab[/color][/size]
[size=75][color=red]6in superlift[/color][/size]
HenryJ
Admin K Elite
Admin K Elite

Post by HenryJ »

Steve2003 wrote:... the old boy that had Bert Reynolds budy bent over the rock :shock:
:shock: This isn't him is it?

Say it ain't so! ;) Do I hear banjos? :leave:

- ThunderII KE7CSK
BADs Crew
Crew Elite
Crew Elite

Post by BADs Crew »

Yeah I remember that " Boy you sure have a perty mouth" LOL
barch97
Crew K Elite
Crew K Elite

Post by barch97 »

For $289, I'm taking every shortcut I can find.