retreads/recaps for mud tires?

Fitting oversize tires, raising and lowering, suspension modifications...

Moderator: F9K9

adrenalnjunky
Crew Elite
Crew Elite

retreads/recaps for mud tires?

Post by adrenalnjunky »

Just curious what some of you guys think -- I generally would be wary of something like this, but this particular place has been mentioned on a few forums here and there as having a nice product for nice prices.

http://www.high-tec-retreading.com/index.html

$280 shipped for a set of 31's or $340 with the green diamond treatment - would be really attractive if I went offroad more, or had a backup set of wheels to put em on.
[size=75]Thanks, CHRIS
2000 S10 Blazer 4x4 4Dr. -- 2" PA BodyLift, Daystar Shackles, TB Crank, 1.75" Rear wheel spacers, Yakima roofrack, 30" BFG AT's.
1969 VW Bug -- airbagged and in pieces.
1962 VW Karmann ghia -- rusting over in the corner. "That's not a tool--that's a damn brick!"[/size]
jeff024
Crew K Elite
Crew K Elite

Post by jeff024 »

I wouldnt I see to many retreads laying on the side of the highways, 80mph and 1 of those let go you have problems
[size=75]2004 S-10 CREW CAB {TRADED IN}
........ 2006 Nissan Frontier Crew Cab[url=http://www.flickr.com/photos/jeff024/]PICS OF THE CREW CAB[/url][/size]
Steve2003
Crew Elite
Crew Elite

Post by Steve2003 »

I agree with Jeff024 I drive a truck for a living and have worked for a company that used re-treads. I had one blow on me one time coming back from El Paso TX did $500 damage to the tractor and at least $1500 or more to the trailer, not to mention got stranded for 6 hours. Those big old pieces of rubber you see on the highway are called gators, they come off trucks that use re-treads. If they do that much damage to the big trucks can you image what they would do to our CC's :!: . Don't do it!!
But this is just my opinion. :)
[size=75][color=blue]2003 S-10 crew cab[/color][/size]
[size=75][color=red]6in superlift[/color][/size]