Jeggers or anyone else with a Superlift

Fitting oversize tires, raising and lowering, suspension modifications...

Moderator: F9K9

SomeCrew
Crew Elite
Crew Elite

Jeggers or anyone else with a Superlift

Post by SomeCrew »

Can you list all of the major components in your kit...

I have a friend that might be able to install the kit if he knows what all is involved...
[size=59][color=red]| '03 CC | WESTIN SPORTSMEN BRUSH GUARD | KC DAYLIGHTERS | WESTIN NERF BARS | WESTIN SPORTSMEN TAILLIGHT GUARDS | 6" SUPERLIFT SL |2" PA BL | 35" THORNBIRDS ON 15" AMERICAN RACING WHEELS |[/color][/size]
Steve2003
Crew Elite
Crew Elite

Post by Steve2003 »

SomeCrew

I had my SL 6 installed by a lift shop and from what I hear it's a pretty tough install. I have a friend who's a mechanic who said he would help me with the install but he wanted to see the instructions first, so I went to the superlift site and downloaded and printed the instructions and showed them to him, he told me I better take it to a lift shop. I just went on to the superlift site to try to give you the link but couldn't find the directions again. I am sure somebody here can get you the link to the directions. I know there is some drilling and welding involved.
jeggers
Crew Elite
Crew Elite

Post by jeggers »

:shock: that is alot to list check the sl site the instruction are under products. :shock:
2001 cc 2" pa body lift traded
2004 cc zr5 2" pa body lift 6" super lift 2" rear shackle and tb crank traded for a v-max Silverado
2006 V-max cc
2001 ex cab 4x4 ls work truck rufff country 2" lift sold
2012 silverado WT 2wd
SomeCrew
Crew Elite
Crew Elite

Post by SomeCrew »

Found it, and my buddy read it over and said he could have it done for me in one day.

Charge me 100 bucks..

YAY!
[size=59][color=red]| '03 CC | WESTIN SPORTSMEN BRUSH GUARD | KC DAYLIGHTERS | WESTIN NERF BARS | WESTIN SPORTSMEN TAILLIGHT GUARDS | 6" SUPERLIFT SL |2" PA BL | 35" THORNBIRDS ON 15" AMERICAN RACING WHEELS |[/color][/size]
HenryJ
Admin K Elite
Admin K Elite

Post by HenryJ »

SomeCrew wrote:Found it, and my buddy read it over and said he could have it done for me in one day.

Charge me 100 bucks..

YAY!
Heck a bodylift takes that long! Better plan on it taking a little more than twice that much time to do things right, and a bonus for your buddy might be in order. $100 will be way less than minimum wages by the time he is done :lol:

"Speed doesn't kill, suddenly becoming stationary does." - Richard Hammond
"Speed is just a matter of Money - How fast do YOU want to go?"-Mechanic from Mad Max-
If at first you don't succeed - Don't take up Skydiving!
- ThunderII KE7CSK
SomeCrew
Crew Elite
Crew Elite

Post by SomeCrew »

Oh yea, he said 100 bucks, but I plan on giving him like 300 and a case of beer! :D

Also, he said it can be done in a day, said he will have a couple of extra hands in doing it. Said he can get the rear done in about 1 hour and the front will take the bulk of the time, especially with shaving the differential...
top_sgt
Crew Elite
Crew Elite

Post by top_sgt »

when is going to do your lift?? i want to come and watch!!! from seeing the parts laid out.... i can't see it taking one day.
now,,,, i'm not saying it can't be done.....i just don't see how- in one day!!!!
so i want to watch!!!! :) ........might learn something!!
2004 S10 CC ZR5 4x4 >> traded for a 2006 F150 supercrew!!
SomeCrew
Crew Elite
Crew Elite

Post by SomeCrew »

Honestly, I do not see how it can be done in a day either, but this boy is a chevy whiz kid, and so are his helpers. I have seen him do some amazing things with chevys that most people said couldnt be done so fast.

I will be there whenever he does it, and I will take pictures and post them if i can...
top_sgt
Crew Elite
Crew Elite

Post by top_sgt »

yes..........take pics!!!!wish i could come watch!!
2004 S10 CC ZR5 4x4 >> traded for a 2006 F150 supercrew!!
jeffc
Crew
Crew

Post by jeffc »

i don't want to sound like a jerk or anything but i think i'm the only one on this site that has put this lift on themselves and it's not going to happen in 1 day. unless your friend works at superlift and has done this kit before i can't see it happening. i had the help of a pro mechanic with every tool you could think of including a hoist and it took us 23hrs....we weren't draging our feet either. i called 4 wheel parts wholesalers and they said they would schedule 3 days (24 working hrs.) for this lift and nobody in the country installs more ifs lifts than them. i'm not saying your buddy can't do the lift,i just don't know if he realizes the amount of work involved. even the superlift website tells you it takes 12 hours with a pro mechanic that has experiance with this lift. i'd hate to see you tear your truck apart on a sunday thinking your going to be able to drive it to work on monday. if you can really have it done for $100 bucks thats great but there is a reason shops like 4wp charge $700 or more.....not because they are greedy....it's a ton of work!
SomeCrew
Crew Elite
Crew Elite

Post by SomeCrew »

Point noted. I do not think he can do it in 1 day either, even though he says he can. And I do not want him to rush it and do it half-ass. He can take all the time in the world that it needed to get a clean well-installed job, I dont care if he has the truck for a month. I can car-pool. :D
Big E
Regular
Regular

Post by Big E »

Your buddy has his estimate right. 1 day = 24 hrs.
SomeCrew
Crew Elite
Crew Elite

Post by SomeCrew »

Yes but 24hrs usually spans into about 3 days when you are talking mechanic. :lol:
jeggers
Crew Elite
Crew Elite

Post by jeggers »

I have read over jeffc's posts and I think it can be done in one day(24hrs)lol. :lol: :lol: :lol:
Somecrew when you get the kit you will see what you are in for. The directions are, to say the least, incomplete they don't even mention the exaust mod. Every one that has been under there truck can see you need to modify it to clear the front drive shaft. Look under jeffc's posts on his install and look under superlift feed back for the problems :x . Just make sure your buddy takes time there is some cutting here he does not want to rush it. I was planning on doing the rear in one day 4 hrs or so. the one really long day to do the front lift and one lost day to set ride hight and exaust mods ext.... I don't drive this truck day to day so if it gets stuck at the shop its cool.
One last thing be sure to sit down with the kit and go through every part and its hardware, i did this twice to se what i was missing. Then you will get a better feel for what it is going to take.
Good luck man!!!!!!!!!
2004 cc zr5 2" pa body lift 6" super lift 2" rear shackle and tb crank traded for a v-max Silverado
2006 V-max cc
2012 silverado WT 2wd
SomeCrew
Crew Elite
Crew Elite

Post by SomeCrew »

OK....its official.....its definetly going to a 4x4 shop to get installed RIGHT!
jeggers
Crew Elite
Crew Elite

Post by jeggers »

somecrew, did you get the kit yet :D
2006 V-max cc
2012 silverado WT 2wd
SomeCrew
Crew Elite
Crew Elite

Post by SomeCrew »

NO.....I figure it will take a few weeks, which is fine because I have to wait a few weeks for my taxes to come back to get it installed.

How about you, did you get yours installed yet?
jeggers
Crew Elite
Crew Elite

Post by jeggers »

no, may work on thr rear this weekend. :cry:
I have a one year old life has been fun. :D
2006 V-max cc
2012 silverado WT 2wd
gocntry
Crew Elite
Crew Elite

Post by gocntry »

Jeggers wrote:I have a one year old life has been fun.

Wait Till You Have A Two Year Old....Twice As Much Fun :D :D But You Get Twice As Worn Out...... :lol:
The Crew Is Gone, Now I Have A Hoe
SomeCrew
Crew Elite
Crew Elite

Post by SomeCrew »

:lol: :lol: :lol: You bunch of old farts! :lol: :lol: :lol:
Steve2003
Crew Elite
Crew Elite

Post by Steve2003 »

Wait until they become teenagers your gonna wish they were only two :twisted: and NO I am not an old fart even if I do have a grandbaby who is two and is perfect :angel: Have three daughters and one son, an 18 year old son and a 16 year old daughter still at home, feel sorry for you guys with daughters, wait until they become teenagers, DRAMA :!:
SomeCrew
Crew Elite
Crew Elite

Post by SomeCrew »

If and when I have a daughter, she will be locked in her room until she is 30 and any guy who comes over will meet uncle shotgun and aunt rifle and there kids, the bullets....

I know how we boys my age think :wink:
jeggers
Crew Elite
Crew Elite

Post by jeggers »

:x I am not that old :x 26 is still young :P
2006 V-max cc
2012 silverado WT 2wd