did me some offroading this weekend

Fitting oversize tires, raising and lowering, suspension modifications...

Moderator: F9K9

bubaloo1983
Crew Elite
Crew Elite

did me some offroading this weekend

Post by bubaloo1983 »

hey guys just got back from a camping trip this weekend and was pretty fun. did alot of wheelin both offraod and in water. truck handled very well excpet fpr the thousand rock chips on the rocker panels and fenders becuase my tires stick out so far! :( i think after doing this i need some fender flares! ( kcustom hint hint :D) the mud terrains are great tires for this stuff, I never got stuck. i went through some pretty deep water and mud id say about 3 feet deep. any one know how deep our trucks can go without problems? just for future reference.
[size=75]2003 ZR5 GMC Sonoma, SFA dana30, 35 inch tires, 4.10 gears, Cut out flares. Chrome Denali grill, custom made skid plates, shackles and badging

www.customskidplates.com[/size]
quickbiker
Crew K Elite
Crew K Elite

Post by quickbiker »

This will give ya an idea. I never stalled during the whole time. Only reason I needed to be roped out was that I hit a big branch in the bottom and got jammed up (dag nabbit). That's what happens when your the first one to try it! :lol: But if you do go this deep, drain/refill your differentials, cause you'll have mud water in them. I need to extend the breather hoses. You will also have to drain the inside of your truck and bed. :lol:
[size=75][url=http://outsideventure.com/s10crew/]01 S10 Crewcab - SAS'd[/url][/size]
bubaloo1983
Crew Elite
Crew Elite

Post by bubaloo1983 »

yeeks eh! thats crazy shat! i didnt do mud that bad it was nice clean water lol. fun none the less. quick question for yeah whered you get your bed cover? looks nice with the bowtie ;)
[size=75]2003 ZR5 GMC Sonoma, SFA dana30, 35 inch tires, 4.10 gears, Cut out flares. Chrome Denali grill, custom made skid plates, shackles and badging

www.customskidplates.com[/size]
quickbiker
Crew K Elite
Crew K Elite

Post by quickbiker »

That's the one straight from GM. At the time I bought, they were the only one making one. It has an outline of the bowtie on it, so I just painted it with flexible outdoor patio paint. :D
[size=75][url=http://outsideventure.com/s10crew/]01 S10 Crewcab - SAS'd[/url][/size]
a2b
Mod K Elite
Mod K Elite

Post by a2b »

[size=75] -HOBIE

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^| ||__\
| ##Budweiser ###### | ||''|"\,__.
|_...__...________ ====| |__|__|...]
"(@)'(@)""""**|(@)(@)******(@)I[/size]
coffeedrnkr
Crew Elite
Crew Elite

Post by coffeedrnkr »

Dang does your truck smell like dead fish now or do you keep a bottle of febreeze on hand?
[size=75][url=http://s80.photobucket.com/albums/j162/coffeedrnkr15/]The Crazyblaze[/url]
d44/d60 5.13's, atlas 3.8
[/size]