Superlift 6" Kit...

Fitting oversize tires, raising and lowering, suspension modifications...

Moderator: F9K9

KCustom
Crew Elite
Crew Elite

Superlift 6" Kit...

Post by KCustom »

Well after some time it is complete...The Superlift 6" Kit is done. I will have pictures in a day or two to post. This kit is the coolist that I ever seen. Even better news; With the addition of a 2" BL you can run 35" tires!!!!!!!! I think that it even rides and handels better that stock! I drove the truck about 500 miles to get home and it is amazing!
2003 Sonoma Crew Cab, Superlift 6", PA 2" BL, KMC XD Enduros, BF Goodrich 315-70-17s, Powerdyne SC, JBA wires,headers and catback, CAI, Crossdrilled & Slotted rotors, Prerunner bar W/ fogs, bed mount spare, Custom rear buckets...
a2b
Mod K Elite
Mod K Elite

Post by a2b »

how is it amazing? and i am still waiting to see how the tbars are mounted...

also, can you get some measurements from the ground to your ifs a-frame and crossmember. dont forget to add what size tire and brand and air pressure :wink:
[size=75] -HOBIE

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^| ||__\
| ##Budweiser ###### | ||''|"\,__.
|_...__...________ ====| |__|__|...]
"(@)'(@)""""**|(@)(@)******(@)I[/size]
KCustom
Crew Elite
Crew Elite

What is amazing

Post by KCustom »

I found that the body roll is less than it was and it rides very smooooooth......I sent some pictures to Henry J to post...I will try to get the measurments for you. The drop for the dif. and all of the other components are very simular to the new full size kit that Superlift has just come out with to include the belly pan.
2003 Sonoma Crew Cab, Superlift 6", PA 2" BL, KMC XD Enduros, BF Goodrich 315-70-17s, Powerdyne SC, JBA wires,headers and catback, CAI, Crossdrilled & Slotted rotors, Prerunner bar W/ fogs, bed mount spare, Custom rear buckets...
HenryJ
Admin K Elite
Admin K Elite

Re: What is amazing

Post by HenryJ »

KCustom wrote:......I sent some pictures to Henry J to post...
All I received was thumbnails and a link to a MSN photo email service :?

Just post them to your S-10CREWCAB.COM gallery.

"Speed doesn't kill, suddenly becoming stationary does." - Richard Hammond
"Speed is just a matter of Money - How fast do YOU want to go?"-Mechanic from Mad Max-
If at first you don't succeed - Don't take up Skydiving!
- ThunderII KE7CSK
KCustom
Crew Elite
Crew Elite

one photo

Post by KCustom »

Here is the link to one photo...I have had problems uploading...

http://www.s-10crewcab.com/coppermine/d ... cat=&pos=0
HenryJ
Admin K Elite
Admin K Elite

Re: one photo

Post by HenryJ »

KCustom wrote:...I have had problems uploading...
Well, I'm pretty sure that it is because of the size of the pictures you're trying to upload.

That one picture exceeded your total album space.
1600x1200 951.88 KB that is about 10 times the size it needs to be :D

Shoot for under 100 KB

"Speed is just a matter of Money - How fast do YOU want to go?"-Mechanic from Mad Max-
- ThunderII KE7CSK
KCustom
Crew Elite
Crew Elite

Thank you...

Post by KCustom »

I will take more pictures tomorrow on a lower setting....Thanks
HenryJ
Admin K Elite
Admin K Elite

Re: Thank you...

Post by HenryJ »

KCustom wrote:I will take more pictures tomorrow on a lower setting....Thanks
Just edit the ones that you have. I doubt that your camera will take a photo at a size that is small enough to be useable on the web.

- ThunderII KE7CSK
2bunik
Crew Elite
Crew Elite

Post by 2bunik »

youd be amazed at how big them files can get.. my buddies camera at its lowest setting takes 1 mb pictures.. my cheapo digital takes 300kb pictures.. :oops:
[size=75]TARMAC TRENDZ car club
2003 GMC Zr5 maroon or somethingto it.
Two 10s in a custom box and Pioneer Premier 400w amp, Quad mod,Body lift, bed light.
http://www.tarmactrendz.vze.com/[/size]
BowtieZR5
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

Post by BowtieZR5 »

does that lift come with the chrome skid plates?
KCustom
Crew Elite
Crew Elite

Pictures and skid plates

Post by KCustom »

I have added some pictures to the Gallery...

I do not know how they will package the skid plate...Superlift told me that production on the kit will begin as soon as they finish the production jigs...
a2b
Mod K Elite
Mod K Elite

Post by a2b »

would someone plase answer my questions about the tbars?????????????
[size=75] -HOBIE

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^| ||__\
Crew02
Crew
Crew

Post by Crew02 »

From what I can see, it looks like a very nice product. And from what you have said about the ride quality and handeling, it sounds like thay really did their homework.

I would like to see some more photo's of the underneath of the truck. Or have they asked you not to do that until it is released? Anyway, good looking truck
[size=75]2002 Crewcab - Best Mod XM Radio, 2" Body Lift, 30 X 9.5 BFG Long Trail, Factory Locker, T-Bar Crank , Rear Shackles. ORI PreRunner Bar, Hella 500 Lights.
1990 Jeep Wrangler, ARB lockers front/Rear, Winches Front/rear,4" suspension Lift, 2" body lift, 35" BFG Mud TA's, Geared 4:56.
Amateur Radio Operator KC4-IKR[/size]
quickbiker
Crew K Elite
Crew K Elite

Post by quickbiker »

a2b wrote:would someone plase answer my questions about the tbars?????????????
:lol:

From the way it looks, I see tbar drops. But it kinda looks tougher from what I can see than TM, but then still won't matter, cause it will get hung up on everything. But I'm sure the Realift relocators may work with that lift also.
[size=75][url=http://outsideventure.com/s10crew/]01 S10 Crewcab - SAS'd[/url][/size]
KCustom
Crew Elite
Crew Elite

some answers I hope....

Post by KCustom »

I hope that this helps...

The parts that drop the front end is one very strong cradle with a belly pan to protect the front diff. The T bars in the back are lowered with two very beefed up brackets that have gussets welded on the back side. Acording to the guys at SL all stock geomerty is retained but 6 inches lower. You can crank the T bars to get up to 7 inches of lift. The front skid plate is 1/8 inch stainless steel. I will shoot pictures of the under components when SL tell me it is okay to. They do not want to give away the design until the kit is ready to ship ( in 30 to 60 days) if you want to see the basic design take a look at the New full size kit they just released.

I will get some measurment tomorrow...Please let me know where to measure from and how many measurments. you need and I will get them

KC
a2b
Mod K Elite
Mod K Elite

Post by a2b »

take pics of the side so we can see how far those tbar brackets hang down...

and do you plan on relocating them like paul. i hate those tbars hanging down. it looks bad and it gets hung up on rocks.

measure from the middle cradle to the ground...like i said before, i need tires size, brand, air pressure
[size=75] -HOBIE

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^| ||__\
adrenalnjunky
Crew Elite
Crew Elite

Post by adrenalnjunky »

Why -- some kid in West Monroe is pimping your crew cab around anyway :-)
[size=75]Thanks, CHRIS
2000 S10 Blazer 4x4 4Dr. -- 2" PA BodyLift, Daystar Shackles, TB Crank, 1.75" Rear wheel spacers, Yakima roofrack, 30" BFG AT's.
1969 VW Bug -- airbagged and in pieces.
1962 VW Karmann ghia -- rusting over in the corner. "That's not a tool--that's a damn brick!"[/size]
a2b
Mod K Elite
Mod K Elite

Post by a2b »

adrenalnjunky wrote:Why -- some kid in West Monroe is pimping your crew cab around anyway :-)
no, are you serious. my truck has another owner... :( i feel betrayed :wink:

u need to track him down and point him to this site so he can see where i have gone in his truck :lol:
[size=75] -HOBIE

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^| ||__\
AZS10Crew
Crew K Elite
Crew K Elite

Post by AZS10Crew »

Wouldn't it be funny if it was lowered with bling-bling 20" wheels and tweed interior? :mrgreen:
[size=75]Mark
[b][i][color=red]2004 Dodge Ram 1500 4x4 Quad Cab[/color][/i][/b]
[b][color=blue]"There are no stupid questions, just stupid people."[/color][/b][/size]
adrenalnjunky
Crew Elite
Crew Elite

Post by adrenalnjunky »

Yeah - I've seen it running around several times this week. He's keeping it clean at least :-)

more than I can say -- mine been coated in mud for months. the access road to the R/C airfield I fly at is dirt, and well, Hobie you lived in Shreveport - you know all about the rainy spring months here in Louisiana.

If I ever see it parked in a parking lot -- I'm going to leave a note under the wiper with just www.s-10crewcab.com on it. :lol:
[size=75]Thanks, CHRIS
2000 S10 Blazer 4x4 4Dr. -- 2" PA BodyLift, Daystar Shackles, TB Crank, 1.75" Rear wheel spacers, Yakima roofrack, 30" BFG AT's.
1962 VW Karmann ghia -- rusting over in the corner. "That's not a tool--that's a damn brick!"[/size]
Conman
Crew Elite
Crew Elite

Post by Conman »

Saw your updated pics with new rims. Very Nice!

I see in the rotor pic that the top a-arms as well as the sway bar is dropped. I was figuring it would get new knuckles and keep those at factory locations but it appears everything was dropped similar to the TM Kit.

Do you know if there was any cutting still? I know the TM kit you have to cut some upper a-arm mounts off. I do like the skidplate. makes it look very trick while keeping everything protected.

Can't wait to see more pics.

Cheers,
Con
[size=75]2007 Hummer H3 all Stock
Sold: 2004 Chevy Avalanche Z71 all Stock.
Sold: 2002 Chevy S10 Crew Cab ZR5 - Mods: Truxedo Bed Cover, APC and TYC Lights.[/size]
bubaloo1983
Crew Elite
Crew Elite

Post by bubaloo1983 »

hey k custon what brand and size tires are those on your truck? they look nice and clean looking....im thinking about getting the 6 inch lift when it comes out and am looking for tire ideas. thx latterz
[size=75]2003 ZR5 GMC Sonoma, SFA dana30, 35 inch tires, 4.10 gears, Cut out flares. Chrome Denali grill, custom made skid plates, shackles and badging

www.customskidplates.com[/size]
KCustom
Crew Elite
Crew Elite

tires

Post by KCustom »

Goodyear ATS 275-70-17
adrenalnjunky
Crew Elite
Crew Elite

Post by adrenalnjunky »

had a chance to get the bodylift on it yet?

35 inch BFG AT's on a 20 inch rim would look sweet.
[size=75]Thanks, CHRIS
KCustom
Crew Elite
Crew Elite

body lift is done

Post by KCustom »

The PA 2" is done...I have not gotten the 35s on yet.....
adrenalnjunky
Crew Elite
Crew Elite

Post by adrenalnjunky »

Got any pics?
[size=75]Thanks, CHRIS
mmalinski

Post by mmalinski »

I just called Superlift...after contacting several of their dealers in the area and never getting a call back. They told me that the 6" lift kit is already thru R&D but that they need to finalize the process..with tooling and instructions etc.. They estimated 3 months before release. I haven't had a chance to read this entire string..but I would imagine You have a R&D version of the kit?? or did you modify something they had that wasn't specifically designed for an S-10 CrewCab?

I can't wait...I will be doing the 6" lift with 33" tires. I am going to look into getting the factory ZR5 fender flares and the Factory Roof Rack. I already added step bards.

And..I want to replace my seats..... Does anyone else have the same problem where the passenger seat vibrates like crazy when driving? It's annoying as hell.

2002 Chevy S-10 CrewCab. K&N Filter, Westin Step Bars (JUST STARTING the mods... :D )
HenryJ
Admin K Elite
Admin K Elite

Post by HenryJ »

mmalinski wrote:... I haven't had a chance to read this entire string..but I would imagine You have a R&D version of the kit??...
If you think this thread is lots to read, try the original thread here- 6" Superlift -reality or myth? 233 posts.

His is the R&D kit.

Welcome :wave:

As for the seat, no problems here. You may want to start a new topic in the stock forum.
Last edited by HenryJ on Sun Jun 20, 2004 2:48 pm, edited 1 time in total.

- ThunderII KE7CSK
adrenalnjunky
Crew Elite
Crew Elite

Post by adrenalnjunky »

Not to mention the updated pics of the truck with the 6 inch Superlift, 2 inch PA bodylift, and 35's.

You can find that thread here:

35's Thread
[size=75]Thanks, CHRIS
KCustom
Crew Elite
Crew Elite

Welcome

Post by KCustom »

Welcome to the Site 8) ...

The kit that is on the truck is the R & D kit...Superlift is in the process of finishing the jigs and hopes to move to producton by Aug 1st or so I am told....My front passanger seat vibrates like crazy too...but only when I am on the turnpike....let me know if you figure a way to cure it.
Hoss Lanier

Post by Hoss Lanier »

http://www.s-10crewcab.com/coppermine/i ... ?cat=10008

this is the 2nd test truck after Kcustom.. :)
Maximous
Crew Elite
Crew Elite

Post by Maximous »

BLAH BLAH BLAH, when is the lift coming out, it seems that we will all know who really shot kennedy before it comes out
[size=75]Driver carries no money, he's a Government employee[/size]
KCustom
Crew Elite
Crew Elite

release...

Post by KCustom »

What release means is that it has been released to production.....
quickbiker
Crew K Elite
Crew K Elite

Post by quickbiker »

Shweeet, looks great! :thumb:
[size=75][url=http://outsideventure.com/s10crew/]01 S10 Crewcab - SAS'd[/url][/size]
Maximous
Crew Elite
Crew Elite

Re: release...

Post by Maximous »

KCustom wrote:What release means is that it has been released to production.....
not to be rude be released means i can go put my hands on it, or at least put my credit card on it. When does "release" happen, when does superlift say "oh by the way we have a lift for non-ZR2 S-10s, it still hasn't been "released" on their site. WHEN :x
[size=75]Driver carries no money, he's a Government employee[/size]
KCustom
Crew Elite
Crew Elite

Post by KCustom »

Here is the post from Superlift.....

"Superlift's new S-10-6" kit has been released for production. Parts should be arriving at dealers with the next 4-5 weeks.

Superlift will be making a formal announcement any day now, but since I have been reading this site for the past few months, I thought I would give you an official word.

The kit is set to applicate 1995 and newer models only. This is due in large to the fact that this kit does not ask the installer to cut away major support from OE brackets.

Overall design is in keeping with Superlift's new F.I.T. series concept but also contains design perimeters that have not been broached before.
While the basic kit is fairly easy to install, very strong with high tech eye appeal, the addition of options including aluminum-gas shocks and a stainless steel brush guard serve as icing on the cake.

There has ben extensive ride quality testing on this platform, and all who have driven the new kit agree that the ride is equal to if not better than stock.

I hope this answers your questions. I feel confident that if you add this kit to your S-10 the end result will be well worth the wait.

Mike M.
Lead Design Engineer, S-10 platform
Superlift Suspension Systems