ARB Air Locker

Fitting oversize tires, raising and lowering, suspension modifications...

Moderator: F9K9

Crew02
Crew
Crew

ARB Air Locker

Post by Crew02 »

I spoke with Jeff at ARB and he said that the RD10 will fit our trucks. He said that there were a few items that had to be swapped out for installation into our trucks (Different set of bearings) but other than that no problem. The ARB carrier is good from 2.73 to 1 and up. If anyone has any questions his contact information is as follows.

:D
Jeff Schieck
ARB Sales & Customer service
ARB-USA
www.arbusa.com
JSchieck@arbusa.com
ph. (206)-264-1669
ph. (888)-4ARB-USA
fax.(206)-264-1670
[size=75]2002 Crewcab - Best Mod XM Radio, 2" Body Lift, 30 X 9.5 BFG Long Trail, Factory Locker, T-Bar Crank , Rear Shackles. ORI PreRunner Bar, Hella 500 Lights.
1990 Jeep Wrangler, ARB lockers front/Rear, Winches Front/rear,4" suspension Lift, 2" body lift, 35" BFG Mud TA's, Geared 4:56.
Amateur Radio Operator KC4-IKR[/size]
a2b
Mod K Elite
Mod K Elite

Post by a2b »

wow. thats very interesting
[size=75] -HOBIE

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^| ||__\
| ##Budweiser ###### | ||''|"\,__.
|_...__...________ ====| |__|__|...]
"(@)'(@)""""**|(@)(@)******(@)I[/size]
quickbiker
Crew K Elite
Crew K Elite

Post by quickbiker »

Is it still in the testing phase? I still would not want it, IMO. I just would not like an open diff on the pavement. But if someone offerent a posi/locker, that be the ticket. I just hate spinning one wheel.
[size=75][url=http://outsideventure.com/s10crew/]01 S10 Crewcab - SAS'd[/url][/size]
Crew02
Crew
Crew

Post by Crew02 »

Nope, You can buy it today if you wanted.
[size=75]2002 Crewcab - Best Mod XM Radio, 2" Body Lift, 30 X 9.5 BFG Long Trail, Factory Locker, T-Bar Crank , Rear Shackles. ORI PreRunner Bar, Hella 500 Lights.
1990 Jeep Wrangler, ARB lockers front/Rear, Winches Front/rear,4" suspension Lift, 2" body lift, 35" BFG Mud TA's, Geared 4:56.
quickbiker
Crew K Elite
Crew K Elite

Post by quickbiker »

Gee, these companies may sell more of their products if the let ya know on their web page.
[size=75][url=http://outsideventure.com/s10crew/]01 S10 Crewcab - SAS'd[/url][/size]
Crew02
Crew
Crew

Post by Crew02 »

On the first page of their application guide it states that the list covers most of the applications, but is not a complete list of all possible applications. That’s why I like ARB, not afraid to think outside of the box. Or in this case, outside of an application guide! I wish more manufactures would be open to "Making things work" :D
quickbiker
Crew K Elite
Crew K Elite

Post by quickbiker »

How much is it for our rears?
Crew02
Crew
Crew

Post by Crew02 »

Ok, forget the ARB. This is the email I got today from ARB. Forget the nice things I said about those guys, their counter people are stupid too. Oh well.

From: Scott Cohen <scohen@arbusa.com> [Add to Address Book] Flag Message | Mark Unread
To: 'Tim Tunstill' <t.tunstill@earthlink.net>
Subject: RE: ARB info
Date: Oct 7, 2003 5:16 PM
Hello,

I'm sorry for taking so long to reply back to you, and if you are getting
confused by this application. Hopefully I could straighten this out for
you.

The Chevy S-10 pickup truck has a 10 bolt rear axle. But it is not the same
as a full size pick-up truck axle. Jeff mistook your ring gear diameter as
a gear ratio (and a tall one at that). So the part number he had given you
was incorrect.

Although on a ZR2 package S-10, with a ring gear diameter of 8.5" 28 spline,
we do have something available; part number RD10. On a larger GM 10 bolt
the part number is RD28 (30 spline).

I hope this cleared things up for you, and again I apologize for the initial
mis-information given to you.

Best Regards,

Scott Cohen
Customer Service Manager

Air Locker, Inc. www.arbusa.com
206.264.1669 ph
206.264.1670 fax
20 So. Spokane St.
Seattle, WA 98134
quickbiker
Crew K Elite
Crew K Elite

Post by quickbiker »

I wonder if you can get the new Eaton E-locker for ours. I just saw an add for it in Peterson's 4x4 rag. But it's just on open when not locked.
a2b
Mod K Elite
Mod K Elite

Post by a2b »

ya i saw that eaton was supposed to come out with one for our trucks.....and that sucks about the arb
[size=75] -HOBIE

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^| ||__\
quickbiker
Crew K Elite
Crew K Elite

Post by quickbiker »

I know alot of people use ARB, but there is just something about blowing bubbles in my diff, just don't make sense. :?
a2b
Mod K Elite
Mod K Elite

Post by a2b »

quickbiker wrote:I know alot of people use ARB, but there is just something about blowing bubbles in my diff, just don't make sense. :?
ya, well i am about to invest in arb's front and rear for my toy :shock:
[size=75] -HOBIE

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^| ||__\
Conman
Crew Elite
Crew Elite

Post by Conman »

a2b wrote:
quickbiker wrote:I know alot of people use ARB, but there is just something about blowing bubbles in my diff, just don't make sense. :?
ya, well i am about to invest in arb's front and rear for my toy :shock:
Nice! I know a few people with both front and rear ARB Lockers. They are very good but since they are an AU company, they normally start with vehicles that are available their first. The S10 is not available their so that's probably a reason they never made a locker for us.

Con
[size=75]2007 Hummer H3 all Stock
Sold: 2004 Chevy Avalanche Z71 all Stock.
Sold: 2002 Chevy S10 Crew Cab ZR5 - Mods: Truxedo Bed Cover, APC and TYC Lights.[/size]
Crew02
Crew
Crew

Post by Crew02 »

I have them in the front and rear of my jeep and I love them. They have been in there for about 8 years and I have not had any problems. Besides, you should not blow bubbles unless its not installed right. :lol:
NTXCrew
Crew Elite
Crew Elite

Post by NTXCrew »

Why you dissin' on blowin' bubbles, dawg? :lol:
2003 S-10 Crew Cab - Indigo Blue Metallic
Flowmaster 40 w/ turndown, Chopped Airbox, APC clear corners, Trenz billet bowtie, Shaved badges, Sylvania Silverstars, Xenon fogs
-Jim