Replace Tires and Shocks

Fitting oversize tires, raising and lowering, suspension modifications...

Moderator: F9K9

groceryman
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

Replace Tires and Shocks

Post by groceryman »

Its getting time to get new tires right now i have bfg all-terrains was wanting to know if any one was using Copper tires and what kind of service they were getting from them. The cc has 62,000 on it so im replacing the shocks on it to.
BADs Crew
Crew Elite
Crew Elite

Post by BADs Crew »

I ran on Coopers for about 1 1/2 years. I liked them at first but they seamed to need rotated often to keep the wear even on the shoulders. I switched to Michelins because they wore very well on our Blazer. They have a wider tread area then the Coopers and ride better also. Now we have the XCX/APT on both our S-10s. Here is a Link for the XCX at Sears.
Last edited by BADs Crew on Wed May 16, 2007 12:22 am, edited 1 time in total.
[size=75]2001 S-10 Crew , A.R.E Cap, Limo tint windows, Halogen Back up lights. Bilstein Shocks, 1.5 Rear Spacers, Summit Rear Diff Cover Clear Bumper Lights, Carbon Altezza Tail Lights, Billet Grill. SS Step Bars. GM full front bra. ,,, GM Quote concerning the gurgling heater core " They all sound like that"[/size]
04crewvt
Crew K Elite
Crew K Elite

Post by 04crewvt »

Yup I am running the Cooper WeatherMaster S/T II 235/75/R15 studded tires in the winter and the Mastercraft Courser A/T 30x9.5's (a Cooper brand) for my summer tires. I have used Coopers on every s series I have had and all the cars I have put tires on. I like them a lot. They tend to be very reasonable in price and have served me well.
If you use the search function and set it to (Cooper tires)- search for all terms box checked, you will get close to 30 hits with more info.
[size=75]Why does the universe decree that if you have all the time in the world to work on projects you have no money and vice versa?
Green 2004 ZR-5 w/ too much to list here: http://www.cardomain.com/ride/2296465[/size]
F9K9
Mod K Elite
Mod K Elite

Re: Replace Tires and Shocks

Post by F9K9 »

groceryman wrote:................................ The cc has 62,000 on it so im replacing the shocks on it to.
No offense but, you will have a cow once you change the shocks :lol: I went from a ZR2 to my cc and that was the first mod I did. It handled terribly! I had under 1K on the OEM shocks and went to Bilstiens. There was a difference of night and day!

If, you do the mod yourself,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,go ahead and work them in and out, once you pull the OEM shocks. If, you think they are weak compared to whatever replacement shock you choose.........they were that way off of the dealership lot!
[size=75][b]"For those who have fought for it, [i][color=red]FR[/color][color=white]EE[/color][color=blue]DOM[/color][/i] has a taste that the protected will never know."
[url=http://www.naxja.org/forum/showthread.php?t=73349]GUIDE TO SEARCHING. [i] (Some of the forum software is different but, it has helped me a lot.)[/i][/url][/b]
[b]"Those who don't know history are destined to repeat it." Edmund Burke[/b][/size]
barch97
Crew K Elite
Crew K Elite

Re: Replace Tires and Shocks

Post by barch97 »

groceryman wrote:Its getting time to get new tires right now i have bfg all-terrains ... The cc has 62,000 on it...
62k and you need a third set of tires already? You leave skid marks at every stop sign?
[size=67][i]"Some people are like Slinkies. Not really good for anything, but they still bring a smile to your face when you push them down a flight of stairs."[/i][/size]
MARBLEYARD
Crew
Crew

Post by MARBLEYARD »

Don't feel too bad, I'm on set 3 with 74K! I drive mine like it's a Ferrari. :evil: gotta love how they handle, that's why I won't lift mine. I'm gett'n Bilstein shocks this week too from summitracing.com
[size=75]’03 S10 CC, thule roof rack, brush guard, painted to match bowtie, running boards, and vent visors, ’56 “chevrolet” badge on tailgate, air box mod w/ K&N filter, Gibson cat back exhaust, 100% synthetic Mobil 1 since day 1, Kenwood deck, tow package, freedom grill [/size]
killian96ss
Crew K Elite
Crew K Elite

Post by killian96ss »

MARBLEYARD wrote:I'm gett'n Bilstein shocks this week too from summitracing.com
If you are getting some new Bilsteins check shox.com for better pricing. :wink:

They currently have a set of 4 for $246 which includes free shipping.

Summit will cost $258 with shipping, but might ship a little faster.

Steve
WVHogRider
Crew Elite
Crew Elite

Post by WVHogRider »

MARBLEYARD wrote:Don't feel too bad, I'm on set 3 with 74K! I drive mine like it's a Ferrari. :evil: gotta love how they handle, that's why I won't lift mine. I'm gett'n Bilstein shocks this week too from summitracing.com
Yep, I put my 3rd set on at around 75K or so as well. :wink: I tend to drive my machines like I stolem'. :wink:
[size=75]'01 CC w/ a bunch of Mods. More always on the way.
Realization...All women need medication...Just find one on the right medication & make sure she stays on it!!!![/size]
MARBLEYARD
Crew
Crew

Post by MARBLEYARD »

shocks.com makes you buy all four, a better deal, but I only need the rear two. Like everyone else seems to feel, the OEM were crap so replaced the front already and I only need the back now. THANKS for the heads up though!
[size=75]’03 S10 CC, thule roof rack, brush guard, painted to match bowtie, running boards, and vent visors, ’56 “chevrolet” badge on tailgate, air box mod w/ K&N filter, Gibson cat back exhaust, 100% synthetic Mobil 1 since day 1, Kenwood deck, tow package, freedom grill [/size]
groceryman
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

Post by groceryman »

The BFGS are the only set of tires i have had on it i took the goodyears off right after i bought it. It only had about 300 miles on it when i put the BFGS on.
HenryJ
Admin K Elite
Admin K Elite

Post by HenryJ »

I am on my third set of shocks and tires.

My stock shocks were replaced under warranty once, and soon after I went to the Bilsteins.
My stock tires were replaced with Geolandar M/Ts and before I could wear those out too I went bigger to the 33x9.50 BFG ATKO. All that and under 70k :mg:

"Speed doesn't kill, suddenly becoming stationary does." - Richard Hammond
"Speed is just a matter of Money - How fast do YOU want to go?"-Mechanic from Mad Max-
If at first you don't succeed - Don't take up Skydiving!
- ThunderII KE7CSK
groceryman
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

Post by groceryman »

Thanks for all the info guys i was going to replace my shocks with ranchos until i found this site now im going with Bilsteins. I have not picked a tire yet so many to pick from.