Stock Height 20s

Fitting oversize tires, raising and lowering, suspension modifications...

Moderator: F9K9

SonomaCrewCab
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

Stock Height 20s

Post by SonomaCrewCab »

So I was reading about a few people going for the "street" look. You know, like having a stock CC with 20 inch rims. I was curious if anybody here had any pictures of that? It is something I had an interest to see. I went through the gallery on here and didn't seem to notice any.

Thanks everybody!!
BobbleSmitty
Crew Elite
Crew Elite

Post by BobbleSmitty »

I've seen some Blazer's with pretty big rims on them, but never a crew cab. I would just try a google image search and see what you could come up with.
[size=75]2004 S-10 Crew Cab ZR5 -*SOLD*-2" PA Body Lift - Air Shocks - 30x9.5" Cooper Discoverer S/T tires - 1.25" Rear Spacers - Clear Bumper Lights - Westin Safari - Light Bar w/ 100watt 6" Lights - Custom Stainless Steel V-force Dual Exhaust w/ 3" Black Chrome Slash Cut Tips - CB radio w/ 100watt PA speaker - Alpine MP3/CD Player - 10" JL Sub w/ 300watt amp - Low Profile - 'TonneauMasters' Tonneau Cover - In-channel Vent Visors - Airbox mod - Custom Front Tow Hooks - Debadged [/size]
SonomaCrewCab
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

Post by SonomaCrewCab »

Man I think google hates CrewCabs. lol I remember trying to google pictures of lifted crewcabs and couldn't find anything. I thought none existed.

Then I finally stumbled onto this site!!! Woohoo!!
HenryJ
Admin K Elite
Admin K Elite

Post by HenryJ »

"Speed doesn't kill, suddenly becoming stationary does." - Richard Hammond
"Speed is just a matter of Money - How fast do YOU want to go?"-Mechanic from Mad Max-
If at first you don't succeed - Don't take up Skydiving!
- ThunderII KE7CSK
bwenny247
Crew Elite
Crew Elite

Post by bwenny247 »

theres a white crew cab around me that either has 18's or 20's not sure what size. he's got at least a body lift and a cowl induction hood. not sure about anything else though.
[size=75]*SOLD* 5" BDS, 2" PA, 33" MT's, HPPIII , Airaid TB spacer, K&N FIPK, March pulleys, 2.5" straight pipe, Trucktec tonneau, Herculinered body line down, 3/16" custom skid plates[/size]
SonomaCrewCab
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

Post by SonomaCrewCab »

Well thanks everybody! I appreciate it.

I love all your guy's lifted and custom trucks, however, I am saving to buy a house and that kind of route is out of the question for me. Plus, I drive mine daily and would hate to loose any more gas mileage.

So....I was thinking about putting some 18 or 20 inch wheels on the ride. Then I could keep my stock wheels on the side in case I wanted to go off road. But I wanted to see what it would look like cause I would never lower a 4x4 truck but I don't want to give my truck that "donk" look if you guys know what I am talking about.
SonomaCrewCab
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

Post by SonomaCrewCab »

Ok, so change of mind here. I think with 20 inch rims and my ZR5 package, it just wouldn't look right.

So now I am thinking about going with something different. Could I fit, say, and 18 inch wheel on there with some bigger tires on there with stock height? I want some clean looking rims but I still want some decent looking tires on there. Not rubberbands. Something you would expect to see on a Sonoma Crew Cab!! :D

Now I have drove/built custom cars and small trucks my whole life. So you will have to bear with me cause to be honest I really know nothing of 4x4 tires.
Walt
Admin K Elite
Admin K Elite

Post by Walt »

IMO, for the price you'd pay for a set of nice 20's, or maybe even some 18's with tires, you could easily get a body lift, alignment after the TB crank, and a set of 30's or 31's. And remember, larger wheels mean more weight, so your gas mileage might suffer either way.
--Walt
2001 S-10 CrewCab - Retired...
WVHogRider
Crew Elite
Crew Elite

Post by WVHogRider »

Check out Nitto Tires. They have a lower sidewall than most 4x4 tires, and you should be able to fit 20's under the stock height truck. One tire I saw list for the 20" came out to be 30.47 diameter which could possibly fit depending on BS of the rims you choose,( and if you do some tweaking to the truck. :wink: ) http://www.nittotire.com/#index%2Etire% ... er%2Esizes
[size=75]'01 CC w/ a bunch of Mods. More always on the way.
Realization...All women need medication...Just find one on the right medication & make sure she stays on it!!!![/size]
SonomaCrewCab
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

Post by SonomaCrewCab »

Thanks guys. Ya, I'm not really sure which way to go. I just know I wouldn't mind at all to get rid of those stock rims. And I figure if I am going to fork out money for some aftermarket rims they might as well be bigger than a 15" stock size.

And, ugh, to the thought of worst gas mileage. lol