Timbren lift front

Fitting oversize tires, raising and lowering, suspension modifications...

Moderator: F9K9

ace
Crew Elite
Crew Elite

Timbren lift front

Post by ace »

I was watching these on ebay. I didn't bid though because I thought with a torsion bar crank it would probably be too much strain on the front end components. Does anybody have any experience with them though?

Timbren GMFS10 Lift Blocks @ Ebay

Link't URL. -W
[size=75]2005 Silverado Crew Cab Z71
SOLD! 2003 Red Chevy S-10 crewcab ZR5. 2" PA bodylift, 1.5" spacers, CB, Airshocks, 31" Mickey Thompson MTX Tires, raised step bars, Flowmaster super 40 with 2.5" mandrel bent pipe from the Force II kit, gm vent visors, 12 volt bed outlet, airbox mod, zr5 tonneau, Bilstein shocks.[/size]
Walt
Admin K Elite
Admin K Elite

Post by Walt »

I would stay away from them. It looks like they just help to stretch the front suspension. This will cause the same problems as aftermarket torsion bar keys. Ball joints, CV shafts/boots, camber adjustments, etc...

Pretty much the only way to lift the front end beyond the limits of the stock torsion bar adjustivity is to drop the front suspension components to retain the factory angles (IFS lift), or get all new front end suspension components (SFA).

Bear in mind that I'm no truck/suspension expert, so there is the possibility that I could be leaving something out. :)
--Walt
2001 S-10 CrewCab - Retired...
HenryJ
Admin K Elite
Admin K Elite

Post by HenryJ »

Those are just taller snubbers. They keep the frontend from dropping when weight is added, like a plow.

No suspension travel when the weight is against them.

"Speed doesn't kill, suddenly becoming stationary does." - Richard Hammond
"Speed is just a matter of Money - How fast do YOU want to go?"-Mechanic from Mad Max-
If at first you don't succeed - Don't take up Skydiving!
- ThunderII KE7CSK
gairbear
Crew Elite
Crew Elite

Post by gairbear »

So it does effect the angles of all the axles then???
Black '02 crew cab-30" BFG's, K & N FIPK, Go Rhino step bars, 2" body lift
HenryJ
Admin K Elite
Admin K Elite

Post by HenryJ »

Yes.

Basically you can do the same thing with a 2x4 and a jack. Jack the truck up, wedge the block in there and let the jack down. The truck stays up and the axles angles are increased.

"Speed doesn't kill, suddenly becoming stationary does." - Richard Hammond
"Speed is just a matter of Money - How fast do YOU want to go?"-Mechanic from Mad Max-
If at first you don't succeed - Don't take up Skydiving!
- ThunderII KE7CSK
Walt
Admin K Elite
Admin K Elite

Post by Walt »

HenryJ wrote:Yes.

Basically you can do the same thing with a 2x4 and a jack. Jack the truck up, wedge the block in there and let the jack down. The truck stays up and the axles angles are increased.
It'll also ride like you've got 2x4's for suspension. :lol:
--Walt
gocntry
Crew Elite
Crew Elite

Post by gocntry »

:lol: That Sounds Like A Cheap Lift Redneck Style, I Ought Try That. :lol:
The Crew Is Gone, Now I Have A Hoe
Walt
Admin K Elite
Admin K Elite

Post by Walt »

gocntry wrote:

:lol: That Sounds Like A Cheap Lift Redneck Style, I Ought Try That. :lol:
If you're gonna do that, don't spend that much money. Go buy some square stock (metal), and just replace your shocks with longer pieces of metal. Instant lift! :lol:
--Walt