Anyone want to seea ZR5 lowered with 17's?!?!

Fitting oversize tires, raising and lowering, suspension modifications...

Moderator: F9K9

2kwik4u
Crew Elite
Crew Elite

Anyone want to seea ZR5 lowered with 17's?!?!

Post by 2kwik4u »

Just a fleeting thought I had this morning.

I have the wheels/tires from the Xtreme just sitting around while the Xtreme is down. I could easily drop the truck for a few weeks, and throw the 275/40/17's on there if anyone is interested in how it would look.

I still think a crewcab Xtreme would be SWEET!
[size=75][url=http://picasaweb.google.com/2kwik4u]2kwik4u's pics[/url][/size]
daevans315
Crew Elite
Crew Elite

Re: Anyone want to seea ZR5 lowered with 17's?!?!

Post by daevans315 »

2kwik4u wrote:Just a fleeting thought I had this morning.

I have the wheels/tires from the Xtreme just sitting around while the Xtreme is down. I could easily drop the truck for a few weeks, and throw the 275/40/17's on there if anyone is interested in how it would look.

I still think a crewcab Xtreme would be SWEET!

I've debated doing that swap between my 97 zq8 as well. I've just always been to lazy. I could drop the 245/45/16's on to it and get it way down there. I bet the HUGE fender gap with the racing slicks and the off set would really look sweet!!! Wait a min, the stock ZQ8 rims have some gold trim on them.... Small wheels, sticking way out.. gold rims...
I'm stoping there....

On a off topic note.. 275/40/17's!!!!!!!! My 255/45/17's on 8 " rims rub at lock with a little suspension compression. Are you running 8.5 or 9" rims? Do you have any rub problems up front? I knew you could get 315's on the back with a 9" rim but I thought I was about maxed up front with the 255's.
[size=75]"The problem with America is stupidity. I'm not saying there should be a capital punishment for stupidity, but why don't we just take the safety labels off of everything and let the problem solve itself?" - Bash.org[/size]
2kwik4u
Crew Elite
Crew Elite

Post by 2kwik4u »

Running 275/40/17's all the way around with 17x8.5" wheels and 2.25' adapters to keep em centered......

Without the adapters, the C5 wheels should bolt on to the ZR5, and have nearly the correct offset. The back of course will be inset a little more than I like, but no biggie.

I might go ahead, and do it, just to see how it looks. Drop blocks are SIMPLE to install, and take little to no time to do. Just need to flash teh PCM with the new tire size to correct the speedo, and I'd be good to go.

I really want to photoshop the ZR5 into an Xtreme crewcab

*edit*....I didn't really answer your question.....OOPS.....I do get a small amount of rubbing, but nothing more than I already had with the 245/50/16's on the stock 16x8" wheels. If it wasn't dropped so far I would think the rubbing would be completely gone.
[size=75][url=http://picasaweb.google.com/2kwik4u]2kwik4u's pics[/url][/size]