6"Superlift Fitment Trouble

Fitting oversize tires, raising and lowering, suspension modifications...

Moderator: F9K9

KB

6"Superlift Fitment Trouble

Post by KB »

Hi everyone, just joined and its great to find a forum dedicated to Crewcabs. I am installing Superlifts 6" lift on my 01 Crewcab and I cannot get the front crossmember to line up with the LCA mounts. Has anyone had this problem, and what did you do for a fix.
Been waiting for a reply from Superlift for 2 weeks! :x
HenryJ
Admin K Elite
Admin K Elite

Post by HenryJ »

We have not heard from mickm in quite a while, but his email address is public - mickm@bayou.com He was the lead design engineer for the kit.

I would explain that you are a member here and see what he suggests. Perhaps provide a link to your post here so that we can all learn.

Welcome :wave: glad you found us!

"Speed doesn't kill, suddenly becoming stationary does." - Richard Hammond
"Speed is just a matter of Money - How fast do YOU want to go?"-Mechanic from Mad Max-
If at first you don't succeed - Don't take up Skydiving!
- ThunderII KE7CSK
KB

Thank You

Post by KB »

I have sent an E-mail to mickm, and will post any progress to this thread.
Thanks again
jeff024
Crew K Elite
Crew K Elite

Post by jeff024 »

:wave: welcome to the site KB
[size=75]2004 S-10 CREW CAB {TRADED IN}
........ 2006 Nissan Frontier Crew Cab[url=http://www.flickr.com/photos/jeff024/]PICS OF THE CREW CAB[/url][/size]
Walt
Admin K Elite
Admin K Elite

Post by Walt »

Welcome! Soon you'll be certifiable like the rest of us! .....wait....that didn't sound right... :lol:
--Walt
2001 S-10 CrewCab - Retired...
SONOMA915
Crew Elite
Crew Elite

Post by SONOMA915 »

Welcome. Certifiable?? Hopefully not certifiably insane? J/K
[size=75]2004 GMC Sonoma ZR5 (Sold)
2005 Toyota Tacoma[/size]
top_sgt
Crew Elite
Crew Elite

Post by top_sgt »

welcome to the site!!! :) good luck with the lift!!!
2004 S10 CC ZR5 4x4 >> traded for a 2006 F150 supercrew!!
KB

Post by KB »

Thanks for the welcome everyone!!!!

I feel like I have been run over by a welcome wagon!

Friendly people and a lot of great info on the S10 Crew Cab....This is certifiably a great site!
HenryJ
Admin K Elite
Admin K Elite

Post by HenryJ »

Muhaha :crazy: we're really not all Image certifiable. Just watch out for those with more than 50 posts :lol:

"Speed is just a matter of Money - How fast do YOU want to go?"-Mechanic from Mad Max-
- ThunderII KE7CSK
jeff024
Crew K Elite
Crew K Elite

Post by jeff024 »

:hide:
[size=75]2004 S-10 CREW CAB {TRADED IN}
........ 2006 Nissan Frontier Crew Cab[url=http://www.flickr.com/photos/jeff024/]PICS OF THE CREW CAB[/url][/size]
mickm
Regular
Regular

Post by mickm »

Hello All,
KB did write me this weekend and while I will do everything possible to get his problem addressed, his dilemma brings to light a situation that may be of help to anyone with a problem in the future.
When you have a problem such as KB's it is understandable that you would like an answer immediately. Many times our sales and tech staff, while being very knowledgable, can't understand why you are having this particular problem. So, in the sake of getting the best answer in the shortest time span, I would urge you take a few digital pictures of the area/parts in question and email them to us. As someone once stated, "A picture is worth a thousand words" and this has proven to speed up the process in every case thus far.

Thank you for choosing Superlift.

Happy Holidays,
MickM
Superlift Suspension Systems
Engineering Dept.
AZS10Crew
Crew K Elite
Crew K Elite

Post by AZS10Crew »

HenryJ wrote:Just watch out for those with more than 50 posts :lol:
Hey! I resemble that remark! :wink: :bounce:
[size=75]Mark
[b][i][color=red]2004 Dodge Ram 1500 4x4 Quad Cab[/color][/i][/b]
[b][color=blue]"There are no stupid questions, just stupid people."[/color][/b][/size]
HenryJ
Admin K Elite
Admin K Elite

Post by HenryJ »

mickm wrote:Hello All,..."A picture is worth a thousand words" ...
Happy Holidays,
MickM
Engineering Dept.
Thank you! We will remember that information. Happy holidays to you and yours, Thanks for the awesome support!

- ThunderII KE7CSK
SONOMA915
Crew Elite
Crew Elite

Post by SONOMA915 »

I think that is awesome. You dont find the kind of person that is willing to help. Hope you have a great holiday season mickm!!!!!!
[size=75]2004 GMC Sonoma ZR5 (Sold)
2005 Toyota Tacoma[/size]
Walt
Admin K Elite
Admin K Elite

Post by Walt »

Excellent advice :D

I recently phoned Dell's customer support looking for some replacement parts for my wife's laptop. Finally I was transfered to the repair/parts department, and it took me an hour to explain to the nice girl that I needed the circuit board that the power/volume buttons are on, which is separate from the system board. A picture would've saved me and her alot of time :lol:
--Walt
2001 S-10 CrewCab - Retired...
GeorgesBlazah
Crew Elite
Crew Elite

Post by GeorgesBlazah »

you might need to grind a lil bit more off of the original cross member if it isnt aligning right....we had to do ti a few time when we installed mine. do you have any pics you can post up?
[size=75]98 blazah w/ super stuff[/size]
mickm
Regular
Regular

Post by mickm »

GeorgeBlazah is correct, Grizz's problems stems from a hole control point tolerance. This spurred an inquire into the issue where it was discovered one of the pinning processes in the welding phase of construction was not corrected adhered to. This has now been corrected both in components on the shelf and future production runs.
A simple adjustment with a file will easily correct the issue but without Grizz's brings this to light, this would have gone unnoticed.
I appreciate HenryJ's advice in this forum allowing us to address this issue in a positive manor and Grizz's patience in getting an answer.

Happy Holidays' to each of you and your families,

MickM
Engineering Dept.
KB

Post by KB »

mickm has been very helpful by resolving two issues I had, plus one that he noticed in a pic I sent him that I was not aware of.

My faith in Superlift has been restored! :thumb:

Henry J did me a great service by refering him, and also in turn helped Superlift resolve an issue they had with their welding jig.

In the near future I will have some info and pics on these issues that will need to be posted somewhere on this site so it can be shared with others.

Thanks again :cheers:
GeorgesBlazah
Crew Elite
Crew Elite

Post by GeorgesBlazah »

mickm wrote:GeorgeBlazah is correct, Grizz's problems stems from a hole control point tolerance. This spurred an inquire into the issue where it was discovered one of the pinning processes in the welding phase of construction was not corrected adhered to. This has now been corrected both in components on the shelf and future production runs.
A simple adjustment with a file will easily correct the issue but without Grizz's brings this to light, this would have gone unnoticed.
I appreciate HenryJ's advice in this forum allowing us to address this issue in a positive manor and Grizz's patience in getting an answer.

Happy Holidays' to each of you and your families,

MickM
Engineering Dept.
yeah i remeber it was close.... we didnt want to take away alot of strength form the factory welds so it was a lot of gridning and fitting till it got perfect.
[size=75]98 blazah w/ super stuff[/size]
KB

Post by KB »

According to Superlift some S10 frames were made with alot more slope on the passenger side LCA than on the driver side ( don't know why ) but mine is one of them. This has to be corrected so the steering will cycle all the way. It has to be cut, straightened and rewelded to match the driver side.
Steve2003
Crew Elite
Crew Elite

Post by Steve2003 »

That sucks! sory to here that. Good luck and I hope it all works out ok for you!

Steve
[size=75][color=blue]2003 S-10 crew cab[/color][/size]
[size=75][color=red]6in superlift[/color][/size]