where's quickbikers SAS project at???

Fitting oversize tires, raising and lowering, suspension modifications...

Moderator: F9K9

bwenny247
Crew Elite
Crew Elite

where's quickbikers SAS project at???

Post by bwenny247 »

anyone know or heard from him lately?
[size=75]*SOLD* 5" BDS, 2" PA, 33" MT's, HPPIII , Airaid TB spacer, K&N FIPK, March pulleys, 2.5" straight pipe, Trucktec tonneau, Herculinered body line down, 3/16" custom skid plates[/size]
quickbiker
Crew K Elite
Crew K Elite

Post by quickbiker »

Ha, been so busy lately. I will post some pics in the next few weeks. Should be getting it back next week. It is turning out better than I expected. He is just working out final tweeks. :)
[size=75][url=http://outsideventure.com/s10crew/]01 S10 Crewcab - SAS'd[/url][/size]
bubaloo1983
Crew Elite
Crew Elite

Post by bubaloo1983 »

wow quik how come it has taken so long? are you expecting a rather large bill? :S
[size=75]2003 ZR5 GMC Sonoma, SFA dana30, 35 inch tires, 4.10 gears, Cut out flares. Chrome Denali grill, custom made skid plates, shackles and badging

www.customskidplates.com[/size]
quickbiker
Crew K Elite
Crew K Elite

Post by quickbiker »

bubaloo1983 wrote:wow quik how come it has taken so long? are you expecting a rather large bill? :S
Ha, hope not, should be on target, cause I've gotten extra things, but also he was able to use more of the old stuff than he thought. My previous custom shafts were able to be re-used and re-done. Also, he has been getting swamped with other time-sensitive projects. First S-10 he's done. I think he'll be an expert after mine. I know he's done a better job than anyone else. At least he builds for off-road, not for "show". And that's exactly what I like about him.

Here is a teaser:

:P
[size=75][url=http://outsideventure.com/s10crew/]01 S10 Crewcab - SAS'd[/url][/size]
HenryJ
Admin K Elite
Admin K Elite

Post by HenryJ »

Woo Hoo! I'm not the only crew with a spare back there! :bounce:

"Speed doesn't kill, suddenly becoming stationary does." - Richard Hammond
"Speed is just a matter of Money - How fast do YOU want to go?"-Mechanic from Mad Max-
If at first you don't succeed - Don't take up Skydiving!
- ThunderII KE7CSK
quickbiker
Crew K Elite
Crew K Elite

Post by quickbiker »

Yea, it looks nice, but I think it's the best place over-all. I'm not too crazy about it, but if I put it on the top of the bed, then it would be a pain if I had to haul anything tall. And the roof is outa the question, cause then it wouldn't fit in the garage. I'm just not sure what I'm gonna do if I gotta haul my bike. He made it to slide off the hinge, so I guess it might fit in the back seat. Dunno. The tire is just too dag gone big to haul a spare. I just hope it doesn't get hung up anywhere, if so, I'm gonna have to figure something else out.
AZS10Crew
Crew K Elite
Crew K Elite

Post by AZS10Crew »

Looks like you need some cutout flares. :mrgreen:

bubaloo...I'll be expecting my advertising royalties check in the mail next week. 8)
[size=75]Mark
[b][i][color=red]2004 Dodge Ram 1500 4x4 Quad Cab[/color][/i][/b]
[b][color=blue]"There are no stupid questions, just stupid people."[/color][/b][/size]
HenryJ
Admin K Elite
Admin K Elite

Post by HenryJ »

A trailer for the bike, or a rollbar ramp to high mount the front tire and carry the bike with the tailgate closed?

"Speed is just a matter of Money - How fast do YOU want to go?"-Mechanic from Mad Max-
- ThunderII KE7CSK
quickbiker
Crew K Elite
Crew K Elite

Post by quickbiker »

Yea, I actually got a pair from bubaloo. We can't seem to use them without butchering them up. The flares are best for IFS. All my dimensions changed with SAS. If you can see we decided to cut up the rear body for departure angle. He has a great idea about shortening the bed even more, but I'm just no ready for that right now, some day.

So, anyhow, I have a set of flares from Bubaloo that I will be selling. And they are great quality, even the guy building my truck was impressed, better than most. So, I will be getting pics and lists of a bunch of things left over from my truck for sell. I am only selling the stuff that is worth selling. I won't be selling my TM lift brackets, as they were bent up too many times and worthless, they are already in the garbage. I have already sold both my original axles/diffs. I will have a heavy duty rear hitch, tbar relocator with crossmember, etc. But wait till I list them all with pics. Some stuff I don't have with me yet, they are at the shop.
quickbiker
Crew K Elite
Crew K Elite

Post by quickbiker »

HenryJ wrote:A trailer for the bike, or a rollbar ramp to high mount the front tire and carry the bike with the tailgate closed?
I live in suburbia, no room for a trailer, and it wouldn't work the way I use it. Like, I'd like to ride my bike to go pick up the truck, but I can't haul the trailer with the bike. And be to rough with high mount, ugh.
HenryJ
Admin K Elite
Admin K Elite

Post by HenryJ »

quickbiker wrote:I live in suburbia, no room for a trailer, and it wouldn't work the way I use it...
I can understand it not working for your application, but there is always room. They have trailers that fold up and stack against a wall.

Looks like you may need a "pit bike" :rock: Yes , another toy :mg:

- ThunderII KE7CSK
bubaloo1983
Crew Elite
Crew Elite

Post by bubaloo1983 »

cant wait to see some close ups, what tires, 35s?
[size=75]2003 ZR5 GMC Sonoma, SFA dana30, 35 inch tires, 4.10 gears, Cut out flares. Chrome Denali grill, custom made skid plates, shackles and badging

Rusty

Post by Rusty »

Looks nice! :thumb:
bwenny247
Crew Elite
Crew Elite

Post by bwenny247 »

SAAAAAAAWEEEEEET! :thumb:
That's one bad rig right there....i don't care who ya are!
no bling, all business.
right on quick
:D
[size=75]*SOLD* 5" BDS, 2" PA, 33" MT's, HPPIII , Airaid TB spacer, K&N FIPK, March pulleys, 2.5" straight pipe, Trucktec tonneau, Herculinered body line down, 3/16" custom skid plates[/size]
quickbiker
Crew K Elite
Crew K Elite

Post by quickbiker »

HenryJ wrote:
quickbiker wrote:I live in suburbia, no room for a trailer, and it wouldn't work the way I use it...
I can understand it not working for your application, but there is always room. They have trailers that fold up and stack against a wall.

Looks like you may need a "pit bike" :rock: Yes , another toy :mg:
What's a pit bike? Well, I've had this toy since new, don't use it as much as I used to, but it's nice once in a while to get on it and rip it up. It's a sweet bike. :speedy:
quickbiker
Crew K Elite
Crew K Elite

Post by quickbiker »

bubaloo1983 wrote:cant wait to see some close ups, what tires, 35s?
Yeppers!
HenryJ
Admin K Elite
Admin K Elite

Post by HenryJ »

quickbiker wrote:...What's a pit bike?

- ThunderII KE7CSK
Blaze One
Crew Elite
Crew Elite

Post by Blaze One »

very nice truck . i am jealous , i wish i had the time and money and skill . wtg , can't wait for more pics , what kind of axles ?
[size=75]1995 Chevy Blazer 2dr 4x4 Limited Edition [/size]
gocntry
Crew Elite
Crew Elite

Post by gocntry »

Quickbiker,

Your Truck Looks Great, Did You Have That Done By A Friend Or A Business That Does Custom Work? Looks Like You'll Really Have Some Fun When You Go Wheeling With CORE Now :D
The Crew Is Gone, Now I Have A Hoe
malkavian
Crew Elite
Crew Elite

Post by malkavian »

i love it man looks great..............
[size=75]2006 Silvarado with 5.3 tow haul package, and 1993 jeep grand cherokee starting the build on it this summer.[/size]
quickbiker
Crew K Elite
Crew K Elite

Post by quickbiker »

D44's F/R and locked F/R. Yea, a shop is doing it. I let ya all know who when it's done. He's getting enough business right now and I need him to finish my truck right now. LOL. I have a feeling he'll get at least a couple new customers after I let the cat outa the bag. He's not afraid of S-10's like most people. He actually sees the advantages of the S-series.
HenryJ
Admin K Elite
Admin K Elite

Post by HenryJ »

How far did you stretch the wheelbase? The front axle looks to be moved forward quite a bit.

That should be good for both the approach, and clearing the rear of the fender and cab :thumb:

- ThunderII KE7CSK
AZS10Crew
Crew K Elite
Crew K Elite

Post by AZS10Crew »

quickbiker wrote:He has a great idea about shortening the bed even more, but I'm just no ready for that right now, some day.
I didn't think our beds could get any shorter? :mrgreen:

Do I see a tube frame bed area and fiberglass front fenders in your future? :? 8)
[size=75]Mark
[b][color=blue]"There are no stupid questions, just stupid people."[/color][/b][/size]
Blaze One
Crew Elite
Crew Elite

Post by Blaze One »

thats gotta cost about 3 grand i am guessing , am i close ?
[size=75]1995 Chevy Blazer 2dr 4x4 Limited Edition [/size]
quickbiker
Crew K Elite
Crew K Elite

Post by quickbiker »

HenryJ wrote:How far did you stretch the wheelbase? The front axle looks to be moved forward quite a bit.

That should be good for both the approach, and clearing the rear of the fender and cab :thumb:
That pic makes it look more than it is, but yea, it's forward a bit, not sure how much. But he had to cause of the dynamics of leaf sprung, especially reverse shackle. I susupect it will be more off-road friendy than on road friendly now. lol. woohoo
Rusty

Post by Rusty »

quickbiker wrote:
HenryJ wrote:How far did you stretch the wheelbase? The front axle looks to be moved forward quite a bit.

That pic makes it look more than it is, but yea, it's forward a bit, not sure how much. But he had to cause of the dynamics of leaf sprung, especially reverse shackle. I susupect it will be more off-road friendy than on road friendly now. lol. woohoo
If I understand this right, as the axle moves up, it's also going to move backwards slightly, hence the slightly forward mounting position. Am I right? But how will that work with the front driveshaft?
coffeedrnkr
Crew Elite
Crew Elite

Post by coffeedrnkr »

You get to have a long slip yoke in the driveshaft

that is kinda why I did shackle front b/c now my tire moves forward when my suspension compresses.

Looks awesome though :wink: , wait till you figure out that now you can beat the living crap out of it all day long and it will just take it and ask for more :shock:
[size=75][url=http://s80.photobucket.com/albums/j162/coffeedrnkr15/]The Crazyblaze[/url]
d44/d60 5.13's, atlas 3.8
[/size]
jeggers
Crew Elite
Crew Elite

Post by jeggers »

sweeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeet :D
2001 cc 2" pa body lift traded
2004 cc zr5 2" pa body lift 6" super lift 2" rear shackle and tb crank traded for a v-max Silverado
2006 V-max cc
2001 ex cab 4x4 ls work truck rufff country 2" lift sold
2012 silverado WT 2wd
chumley
Crew
Crew

Post by chumley »

That does look awesome! How much $$ tied up in the swap?
[size=75]98 4dr Blazer 5"TM 2"bl 33"BFG AT Flowmaster w/ duals http://community.webshots.com/user/chumleyd8
-Stupidity should be painful-[/size]
malkavian
Crew Elite
Crew Elite

Post by malkavian »

Quickbiker.... What are the dana 44's out of? Did you have input into any of the build or did you just tell him what you wanted and he did it? I have a lot of questions LOL.. I saved that picture. I would love to have a parts list of what he used and I wish we had a shop here that had knologeable people who ran it. I have the fabrication skill and equipment just not sure on supension dynamics But anyway if you get more info throw it out here for us to gobble up.
[size=75]2006 Silvarado with 5.3 tow haul package, and 1993 jeep grand cherokee starting the build on it this summer.[/size]
quickbiker
Crew K Elite
Crew K Elite

Post by quickbiker »

OK, I know there are lotsa questions, I will get a spec page up in the next month and will link the shop's web page also.
malkavian
Crew Elite
Crew Elite

Post by malkavian »

Come on quick I just want to get my truck in so it will take longer on yours LOL
Rusty

Post by Rusty »

quickbiker wrote:I let ya all know who when it's done. He's getting enough business right now and I need him to finish my truck right now.
quickbiker wrote:OK, I know there are lotsa questions, I will get a spec page up in the next month and will link the shop's web page also.
Since I know who did the work, their location AND have the web site link, how much is it worth to you to keep me quiet? :evil:

(Just kidding! :lol: )
quickbiker
Crew K Elite
Crew K Elite

Post by quickbiker »

:twisted: :x :!:
quickbiker
Crew K Elite
Crew K Elite

Post by quickbiker »

:lol:
malkavian
Crew Elite
Crew Elite

Post by malkavian »

Quickbiker. what are the front and rear axles out of?
chumley
Crew
Crew

Post by chumley »

How much money is this swap costing you? Ballpark is O.K.
[size=75]98 4dr Blazer 5"TM 2"bl 33"BFG AT Flowmaster w/ duals http://community.webshots.com/user/chumleyd8
quickbiker
Crew K Elite
Crew K Elite

Post by quickbiker »

That's like asking how much will it cost to build a house? There are too many variables. All I can do is say that you sit down and figure all your "must have's" and give him a call, he can probably give you a ball park figure. And a closer estimation if you visit in person. He is great to talk with and will detail everything out. I found him very easy to talk with and do business with. He knows off-roading very well and how to build with off-roading in mind.
HenryJ
Admin K Elite
Admin K Elite

Post by HenryJ »

malkavian wrote:Quickbiker. what are the front and rear axles out of?
Check out this page- 2001 S-10 CREW
Dana 44 axle swapped, geared, and locked trail rig!

It says '85 Wagoneer

- ThunderII KE7CSK
quickbiker
Crew K Elite
Crew K Elite

Post by quickbiker »

Ha, you found it. I forgot to link that specifically. Oh, and I got my truck back yesterday, drove it back from north of Richmond. It's awsome! :bounce:
SONOMA915
Crew Elite
Crew Elite

Post by SONOMA915 »

How much did it set you back??
[size=75]2004 GMC Sonoma ZR5 (Sold)
2005 Toyota Tacoma[/size]
bubaloo1983
Crew Elite
Crew Elite

Post by bubaloo1983 »

im going to guess, 6600 bucks? lol im just throwing that out there

HenryJ
Admin K Elite
Admin K Elite

Post by HenryJ »

He might be embarrased to say?

Nothing shocks me after building cars for others.

I would be willing to guess that it cost less than the original purchase price of the truck.

Front winch mount and tube bumper $600 , Rear bumper with spare rack and hitch $900. Axles , geared with air lockers $3000, tires and wheels $1000. Labor usually runs more than parts, so I'd guess around $12k all together.

- ThunderII KE7CSK
chumley
Crew
Crew

Post by chumley »

Front winch mount and tube bumper $600 , Rear bumper with spare rack and hitch $900. Axles , geared with air lockers $3000, tires and wheels $1000. Labor usually runs more than parts, so I'd guess around $12k all together
OOOFFFF!!!!! I would guess he REALLY likes his CC and plans on keeping it for quite some time if that estimate is even close. See, I don't like my Blazer all THAT much to sink that kind of money into it. I get bored with trucks after awhile and need a new "canvas" so to speak. :lol: Drives my wife crazy :x
Rusty

Post by Rusty »

chumley wrote: OOOFFFF!!!!! I would guess he REALLY likes his CC and plans on keeping it for quite some time if that estimate is even close. See, I don't like my Blazer all THAT much to sink that kind of money into it. I get bored with trucks after awhile and need a new "canvas" so to speak. :lol: Drives my wife crazy :x
I know that one well. That's one reason I have 5 cars (well, one is my wife's). I'm always looking for "new canvas". I just got my '89 Blazer running and drivable and bought a '79 Mercedes I'm going to restore and also have my '70 VW Bus I play around with. Now I find I'm have no interest in the Crewcab anymore. Since I have to "thin out the herd", guess which one is getting sold next year?
F9K9
Mod K Elite
Mod K Elite

Post by F9K9 »

:yikes: :yikes: :cry:
[size=75][b]"For those who have fought for it, [i][color=red]FR[/color][color=white]EE[/color][color=blue]DOM[/color][/i] has a taste that the protected will never know."
[url=http://www.naxja.org/forum/showthread.php?t=73349]GUIDE TO SEARCHING. [i] (Some of the forum software is different but, it has helped me a lot.)[/i][/url][/b]
[b]"Those who don't know history are destined to repeat it." Edmund Burke[/b][/size]
AZS10Crew
Crew K Elite
Crew K Elite

Post by AZS10Crew »

HenryJ wrote:Front winch mount and tube bumper $600 , Rear bumper with spare rack and hitch $900. Axles , geared with air lockers $3000, tires and wheels $1000. Labor usually runs more than parts, so I'd guess around $12k all together.
f9k9 wrote: :yikes: :yikes: :cry:
How many of the people here considering SFA would really want all the toys he got? My guess is very few. The average person here, with limited offroad use, could get a setup similar to quickbiker's (overall height, wheels, & tires anyway) for $3000-$5000...depending on the shop. And if you went DIY...maybe $2000 tops. If I still lived in AZ, I'd want F/R lockers, D44's, winch, and all the toys he got too. It's a great setup that will serve him well in his offroad adventures. But the reality is that would be serious overkill here in IN...and most of the places I'd imagine the members here going. Heck...I doubt I'll ever be on any terrain a stock Geo Tracker couldn't navigate with ease. :?
[size=75]Mark
bubaloo1983
Crew Elite
Crew Elite

Post by bubaloo1983 »

yah the set up on m truck was quted from a local shop at about 4500. thats dana 30, labour, fab work, drive shafts, gears, and parts ( leafs, steel, steering ect)

i did it myself for about 2000 plus or minus. My time is money though too lol and took me about 3 weeks, plus i had issues at the begining that took another 2 weeks to get fixed. truck drives great now though :D

adrenalnjunky
Crew Elite
Crew Elite

Post by adrenalnjunky »

AZS10Crew wrote: Do I see a tube frame bed area and fiberglass front fenders in your future? :? 8)
Kinda like this?
[size=75]Thanks, CHRIS
2000 S10 Blazer 4x4 4Dr. -- 2" PA BodyLift, Daystar Shackles, TB Crank, 1.75" Rear wheel spacers, Yakima roofrack, 30" BFG AT's.
1969 VW Bug -- airbagged and in pieces.
1962 VW Karmann ghia -- rusting over in the corner. "That's not a tool--that's a damn brick!"[/size]
AZS10Crew
Crew K Elite
Crew K Elite

Post by AZS10Crew »

adrenalnjunky wrote:
AZS10Crew wrote:Do I see a tube frame bed area and fiberglass front fenders in your future? :? 8)
Kinda like this?
That's the ticket! :thumb:
[size=75]Mark
adrenalnjunky
Crew Elite
Crew Elite

Post by adrenalnjunky »

Honestly I have kicked around looking for a project hardbody like that one - my first vehicle was an 88 2wd Nissan, and I bet I could pick one up now for next to nothing.

That website - www.purenissan.com offers SAS kits for the nissan trucks - bout $1800 less axles, and I don't know if that includes the steering, or shocks/springs. still - would be fun to play with.
[size=75]Thanks, CHRIS
2000 S10 Blazer 4x4 4Dr. -- 2" PA BodyLift, Daystar Shackles, TB Crank, 1.75" Rear wheel spacers, Yakima roofrack, 30" BFG AT's.
1969 VW Bug -- airbagged and in pieces.
1962 VW Karmann ghia -- rusting over in the corner. "That's not a tool--that's a damn brick!"[/size]
quickbiker
Crew K Elite
Crew K Elite

Post by quickbiker »

Everyone has different ideas. When it comes to custom jobs, anything is possible, it's just what you want out of it. My goal was to make make a sturdy off-roader and go as much as possible and still keep within legal limits. I actually got truck plates for it now, so the legal height bar is now higher than before. I just think it's nice to have a very off-roadable rig and also have it road drivable. I think that's a big part of the fun of the creation.
Walt
Admin K Elite
Admin K Elite

Post by Walt »

Hey Paul, do you still have your MileMarker Winch mount/grille guard? If so, are you interested in getting rid of it?
--Walt
2001 S-10 CrewCab - Retired...
quickbiker
Crew K Elite
Crew K Elite

Post by quickbiker »

wamason wrote:Hey Paul, do you still have your MileMarker Winch mount/grille guard? If so, are you interested in getting rid of it?
Well, it was butchered up for the custom winch mount. I shoul have saved it, cause all that was used was the bottom plate. Ugh.