spacers look good on one side only???

Fitting oversize tires, raising and lowering, suspension modifications...

Moderator: F9K9

ace
Crew Elite
Crew Elite

spacers look good on one side only???

Post by ace »

I put my spacers on today 1.5" from AIM. The one side looks great but the other side still looks sunken in a little. The body looks in line and I haven't even done a body lift yet. My friend said maybe my rear end is not centered. I guess not. Anybody else have this issue?
[size=75]2005 Silverado Crew Cab Z71
SOLD! 2003 Red Chevy S-10 crewcab ZR5. 2" PA bodylift, 1.5" spacers, CB, Airshocks, 31" Mickey Thompson MTX Tires, raised step bars, Flowmaster super 40 with 2.5" mandrel bent pipe from the Force II kit, gm vent visors, 12 volt bed outlet, airbox mod, zr5 tonneau, Bilstein shocks.[/size]
jeff024
Crew K Elite
Crew K Elite

Post by jeff024 »

I think mine are fine
[size=75]2004 S-10 CREW CAB {TRADED IN}
........ 2006 Nissan Frontier Crew Cab[url=http://www.flickr.com/photos/jeff024/]PICS OF THE CREW CAB[/url][/size]
HenryJ
Admin K Elite
Admin K Elite

Post by HenryJ »

Take some measurements. The bed could be misaligned.

You need to record the measurements prior to your body lift anyway, for realignment afterward.

Have you had the truck aligned? Was the thrust correct?
Mine and Bennie's were both off a little.

Nothing is perfect. You can only look at one side at a time, and right now you are looking directly at it. After a while I am betting you will not notice it so much.

The springs are all you have to center the axle under the frame. If a center bolt is broken, then the axle can move. There really would need to be damaged components for the axle to be horribly out of align. Bent frame, bent shackles, bent spring pack, or something like that.

"Speed doesn't kill, suddenly becoming stationary does." - Richard Hammond
"Speed is just a matter of Money - How fast do YOU want to go?"-Mechanic from Mad Max-
If at first you don't succeed - Don't take up Skydiving!
- ThunderII KE7CSK
ace
Crew Elite
Crew Elite

Post by ace »

HenryJ wrote:Take some measurements. The bed could be misaligned.

You need to record the measurements prior to your body lift anyway, for realignment afterward.

Have you had the truck aligned? Was the thrust correct?
I have not had the truck aligned. The only reason I think the bed is aligned is because it matches up to the cab just right. I checked for a broken spring etc. and I didn't see anything out of the ordinary. I think it could of came from the factory that way. I'm going to have my friend that is a GM mechanic take a look at it to see what's up. It still looks better on both sides than it did though, that's for sure. It just looks better on one side. I did measure it before I bought them and one side was definately wider than the other. So I kinda knew this would happen but i now need to correct it or find out what's the problem.
SOLD! 2003 Red Chevy S-10 crewcab ZR5. 2" PA bodylift, 1.5" spacers, CB, Airshocks, 31" Mickey Thompson MTX Tires, raised step bars, Flowmaster super 40 with 2.5" mandrel bent pipe from the Force II kit, gm vent visors, 12 volt bed outlet, airbox mod, zr5 tonneau, Bilstein shocks.[/size]
HenryJ
Admin K Elite
Admin K Elite

Post by HenryJ »

If you had a ZR2 , I would say it could be adjusted by modifying the panard/track bar.
If it is really a big deal to you and the thrust is within spec. there are things that can be done, but they might all be overkill for the little appearance gains that you will see.

"Speed is just a matter of Money - How fast do YOU want to go?"-Mechanic from Mad Max-
- ThunderII KE7CSK
ace
Crew Elite
Crew Elite

Post by ace »

HenryJ wrote:If you had a ZR2 , I would say it could be adjusted by modifying the panard/track bar.
If it is really a big deal to you and the thrust is within spec. there are things that can be done, but they might all be overkill for the little appearance gains that you will see.
Do you think that by loosening the u bolts on the springs the rear could be shifted a little? Or is their more involved.
Walt
Admin K Elite
Admin K Elite

Post by Walt »

I once posted about this same issue. I think it's just one of those things that comes with the truck :? with 2" spacers on the back, my wheels line up almost evenly with the top of the stock fender opening, which I like. But sometimes I notice one side being just a little bit further out than the other, then sometimes it looks the same. Maybe I need to check my springs :lol:
--Walt
2001 S-10 CrewCab - Retired...
jeggers
Crew Elite
Crew Elite

Post by jeggers »

I have notice on both my crews that after the bl it was impossible to get the bed perfect so that may be a crew cab flaw.
2001 cc 2" pa body lift traded
2004 cc zr5 2" pa body lift 6" super lift 2" rear shackle and tb crank traded for a v-max Silverado
2006 V-max cc
2001 ex cab 4x4 ls work truck rufff country 2" lift sold
2012 silverado WT 2wd
HenryJ
Admin K Elite
Admin K Elite

Post by HenryJ »

ace wrote:Do you think that by loosening the u bolts on the springs the rear could be shifted a little? Or is their more involved.
That could do a little, and probably enough to correct any thrust alignment needs.
If you really wanted to get it exactly straight, you could experiment with swapping spring packs from side to side. Redrill the spring perch center holes. Maybe install a panard rod, or ladder bars and a track locator.
There are many ways that this could be dealt with.

- ThunderII KE7CSK