Talk'n tires again-

Fitting oversize tires, raising and lowering, suspension modifications...

Moderator: F9K9

Rusty Shackleford
Crew Elite
Crew Elite

Talk'n tires again-

Post by Rusty Shackleford »

Edited and split topic. No chance of getting off topic now ;) -HJ
snocat1 wrote:2001 crew cab with a quick hatch tonneau cover
235/75/15 bridgestone dueler at revos
I dont want to stray from the topic of this thread but I saw at the bottom of your post that you have the Bridgestone Dueler AT Revo's on your truck. Are they worth the price?? I suspect they are...
So far I can tell that a lot of these guys on the forum know their stuff, it just makes it better that the information is CC specific...I'm glad I found this site.
jeff024
Crew K Elite
Crew K Elite

Post by jeff024 »

Alot of us are also running (or I was before the TOYOS I have now ) Yokohama Geolander ATs great tire for the price and I will be going back to them when the Toyos are Dead.
[size=75]2004 S-10 CREW CAB {TRADED IN}
........ 2006 Nissan Frontier Crew Cab[url=http://www.flickr.com/photos/jeff024/]PICS OF THE CREW CAB[/url][/size]
HenryJ
Admin K Elite
Admin K Elite

Post by HenryJ »

You will find the Search (top of the page) very useful, as there is a wealth of information on tires and size here.

I am currently running the Geolandar AT+II's and really like them.
BFG AT's were the "choice" early in this forum's history. They tend to run a little bigger than some, but many rave that they are a good tire as well.

It is funny how trends ebb and flow :mg:

"Speed doesn't kill, suddenly becoming stationary does." - Richard Hammond
"Speed is just a matter of Money - How fast do YOU want to go?"-Mechanic from Mad Max-
If at first you don't succeed - Don't take up Skydiving!
- ThunderII KE7CSK
Walt
Admin K Elite
Admin K Elite

Post by Walt »

HenryJ wrote:BFG AT's were the "choice" early in this forum's history. They tend to run a little bigger than some, but many rave that they are a good tire as well.
I am one of those. I have been thoroughly pleased with mine. :D
--Walt
2001 S-10 CrewCab - Retired...
AZS10Crew
Crew K Elite
Crew K Elite

Post by AZS10Crew »

I'm very pleased with my Wrangler MT/R's. They were pretty pricey, but worth it to me.
[size=75]Mark
[b][i][color=red]2004 Dodge Ram 1500 4x4 Quad Cab[/color][/i][/b]
[b][color=blue]"There are no stupid questions, just stupid people."[/color][/b][/size]
Rusty Shackleford
Crew Elite
Crew Elite

Post by Rusty Shackleford »

HenryJ wrote:You will find the Search (top of the page) very useful, as there is a wealth of information on tires and size here.

I am currently running the Geolandar AT+II's and really like them.
BFG AT's were the "choice" early in this forum's history. They tend to run a little bigger than some, but many rave that they are a good tire as well.

It is funny how trends ebb and flow :mg:
I have taken notice of and used the search function (still doing research)...I really didnt want to start a new thread on tires as I could see that the topic is and has been well covered. The reason why I posted the previous question in the NOS forum was due to the fact that the forum member that I was replying to not only runs the same tires that I am looking at buying, but they also live very close to where I live and thus might face the same driving conditions. Searching is always best before posting a question...which is why I have hardly posted at all so far.
Thanks for the responses to the question though!!
HenryJ
Admin K Elite
Admin K Elite

Post by HenryJ »

Rusty Shackleford wrote:... have taken notice of and used the search function..
GREAT! bear in mind that the threads can be somewhat "dated". Feel free to revive them and "freshen" the information.

Don't take any offense to the "search" suggestion, as it was not directed ONLY to you. Every post here touches many people, and we all gain information that way.

Don't be afraid to post a new topic if you can't find what you need , we are pretty good about searching for those elusive threads and linking them.
I do my best to add key words to the threads making them easier to search. That is why I edit titles and split topics from time to time.
AZS10Crew wrote:I'm very pleased with my Wrangler MT/R's.
Those have been working very well in the fleet. Supply is a problem for the 235/85-16's though. They are bacodered for a minimum of 90 days and have been for the last 90 days. Basically we don't really know when they will become available.
Availability can be a problem, check before you order.

They have been exceptional when it comes to traction and puncture resistance. Tread wear is acceptable. Less than the rock hard Toyo M55's , but the MTR's cost less.

I'd be running them too if they had the size I wanted, cost less and availability was better.

"Speed is just a matter of Money - How fast do YOU want to go?"-Mechanic from Mad Max-
- ThunderII KE7CSK
Walt
Admin K Elite
Admin K Elite

Post by Walt »

If you're wanting a good MT, I've heard good reviews out of the Firestone Destination MT. They're rated very highly on Tirerack.com.
--Walt
2001 S-10 CrewCab - Retired...
jeggers
Crew Elite
Crew Elite

Post by jeggers »

I am running geo at's to and they are great on paved and un paved roads. I only have 6k on them and so far so good. I have yet to take this truck in the mud with the new sl kit I want to put some miles on it befor I realy work it.
2001 cc 2" pa body lift traded
2004 cc zr5 2" pa body lift 6" super lift 2" rear shackle and tb crank traded for a v-max Silverado
2006 V-max cc
2001 ex cab 4x4 ls work truck rufff country 2" lift sold
2012 silverado WT 2wd
barch97
Crew K Elite
Crew K Elite

Post by barch97 »

I'm almost twenty thousand miles into my set of yokohama geolandar AT+II's. Only complaint I have is the spelling of "Geolandar" otherwise I can't praise them enough. Fantastic tires on and off road, snow, rain, ice, etc.
JimmyDiamond
Crew Elite
Crew Elite

Post by JimmyDiamond »

I still say the Dueler Revo's are the best choice. Well worth the extra $$$ IMO.

Steve
[size=75]2002 S-10 ZQ8- Too much to list= SOLD - 2003 Bonneville SLE - [url=http://images9.fotki.com/v187/photos/4/41590/841111/DSC00158-vi.jpg]2000 Jimmy Diamond Edition[/url] - 2006 Trailblazer LT V8 - 2006 Malibu SS[/size]
snocat1
Crew Elite
Crew Elite

Post by snocat1 »

Sorry It took so long to get to this but I like my Bridgestone's. no complaints yet. Did pretty good in a little mud hole at our county fair after it rained a couple inches. Will see in the winter.
[size=75]2001 crew cab with a quick hatch tonneau cover
235/75/15 bridgestone dueler at revos[/size]
JimmyDiamond
Crew Elite
Crew Elite

Post by JimmyDiamond »

I'd also like to say that the Deuler beats the Gelonader hands down as far as good looking raised white letters go. I personally like the RWL look on a truck and the Deulers have nice big lettering unlike the Geos. I've got Geos on my summer wheels and I put the blackwall out because the letters looked too small.
[size=75]2002 S-10 ZQ8- Too much to list= SOLD - 2003 Bonneville SLE - [url=http://images9.fotki.com/v187/photos/4/41590/841111/DSC00158-vi.jpg]2000 Jimmy Diamond Edition[/url] - 2006 Trailblazer LT V8 - 2006 Malibu SS[/size]
jeff024
Crew K Elite
Crew K Elite

Post by jeff024 »

get the Deuler if you like a truck tire that looks like a car tire
[size=75]2004 S-10 CREW CAB {TRADED IN}
........ 2006 Nissan Frontier Crew Cab[url=http://www.flickr.com/photos/jeff024/]PICS OF THE CREW CAB[/url][/size]
jeggers
Crew Elite
Crew Elite

Post by jeggers »

jeff wrote:get the Deuler if you like a truck tire that looks like a car tire

lol
2001 cc 2" pa body lift traded
2004 cc zr5 2" pa body lift 6" super lift 2" rear shackle and tb crank traded for a v-max Silverado
2006 V-max cc
2001 ex cab 4x4 ls work truck rufff country 2" lift sold
2012 silverado WT 2wd
JimmyDiamond
Crew Elite
Crew Elite

Post by JimmyDiamond »

jeff024 wrote:get the Deuler if you like a truck tire that looks like a car tire
HUH? What does that mean?
killian96ss
Crew K Elite
Crew K Elite

Post by killian96ss »

HenryJ wrote:I'd be running them too if they had the size I wanted, cost less and availability was better.
Brule, are you referring to the MT/R's? If so what size are you looking for that is not readily available? I got my 31x10.5/15's from Tire Rack for only $138 each. Tire Rack MT/R's
Back when I bought mine Goodyear was also having an $80 rebate with the purchase of 4. :D I wish they made 32x11.5/15's. :( I currently have 38k miles on mine with about 5/16" tread left. :)

Steve
HenryJ
Admin K Elite
Admin K Elite

Post by HenryJ »

killian96ss wrote:...what size are you looking for that is not readily available?
I'll let you know later today if the new shoes arrive on schedule ;)

- ThunderII KE7CSK