Hey Somecrew

Fitting oversize tires, raising and lowering, suspension modifications...

Moderator: F9K9

chumley
Crew
Crew

Hey Somecrew

Post by chumley »

I read in one of your posts that the Thornbirds on your truck were a freebie( if I remember right). I have always liked the looks of them but don't know anyone that had a set on their rig. What do you think of them? I think you said something was up with the back ones. Would you buy a set or is this a tire to stay away from? I think someone told me one time they were hard to balance new ( on another forum) but like I said I always thought they were a cool looking tire. Any idea how well they wear? Anyone else have any opinions? TIA - Tim
[size=75]98 4dr Blazer 5"TM 2"bl 33"BFG AT Flowmaster w/ duals http://community.webshots.com/user/chumleyd8
-Stupidity should be painful-[/size]
bwenny247
Crew Elite
Crew Elite

Post by bwenny247 »

they are a badd looking tire 8)

my buddy has an 88 sierra with a 3" BL and 33" Thorny's. They look cool, are super aggressive, and sound awesome coming to a stop. those nobs grab the air and pavement and it sounds like a plane running down the road :lol:

however....if you're looking for long life STAY AWAY!!! expect 15,000 miles out of them, maybe 20,000 If you're lucky. kinda pricey but they look killer
[size=75]*SOLD* 5" BDS, 2" PA, 33" MT's, HPPIII , Airaid TB spacer, K&N FIPK, March pulleys, 2.5" straight pipe, Trucktec tonneau, Herculinered body line down, 3/16" custom skid plates[/size]
chumley
Crew
Crew

Post by chumley »

Well the Blazer isn't a DD. I have a company truck and since I bought the Blazer in March I've only put a little over 1k on it. At that rate they would probably be dryrotted before they wear out! :lol:
[size=75]98 4dr Blazer 5"TM 2"bl 33"BFG AT Flowmaster w/ duals http://community.webshots.com/user/chumleyd8
-Stupidity should be painful-[/size]