To those with the bds

Fitting oversize tires, raising and lowering, suspension modifications...

Moderator: F9K9

bubaloo1983
Crew Elite
Crew Elite

To those with the bds

Post by bubaloo1983 »

hey guys with the bds, can you do me a big favour? i need to know how long the sway bar drop brackets are on your trucks. is it 5 like i would think? or something different?

im makinga skid for the bds that goes under the sway bar and covers up the front end better but i need to know how long those brackets are :)

thanks

Justin
[size=75]2003 ZR5 GMC Sonoma, SFA dana30, 35 inch tires, 4.10 gears, Cut out flares. Chrome Denali grill, custom made skid plates, shackles and badging

www.customskidplates.com[/size]
bwenny247
Crew Elite
Crew Elite

Post by bwenny247 »

Justin:

the drop brackets are 4 1/2"

let me know what you come up with. my buddy and i have been throwing ideas around about a front skid that would wrap under that sway bar to protect (and keep more mud out of) the front end better.
just remember who got you that critical dimension :wink:

good luck on it!
-Ben
[size=75]*SOLD* 5" BDS, 2" PA, 33" MT's, HPPIII , Airaid TB spacer, K&N FIPK, March pulleys, 2.5" straight pipe, Trucktec tonneau, Herculinered body line down, 3/16" custom skid plates[/size]
bubaloo1983
Crew Elite
Crew Elite

Post by bubaloo1983 »

thanks ben :) yah i want it to look much like my superlift skid plate here:

that one goes under the sway bar and covers up pretty good. when i come up with something i will let everyone know :)
[size=75]2003 ZR5 GMC Sonoma, SFA dana30, 35 inch tires, 4.10 gears, Cut out flares. Chrome Denali grill, custom made skid plates, shackles and badging

tzdevill

Post by tzdevill »

i want something for mine also. jsut havnt found and material yet. to start working on.
jeggers
Crew Elite
Crew Elite

Post by jeggers »

:wave: welcome
2001 cc 2" pa body lift traded
2004 cc zr5 2" pa body lift 6" super lift 2" rear shackle and tb crank traded for a v-max Silverado
2006 V-max cc
2001 ex cab 4x4 ls work truck rufff country 2" lift sold
2012 silverado WT 2wd
bwenny247
Crew Elite
Crew Elite

Post by bwenny247 »

:bump:

i know you've had a lot of stuff going on with the flares, SAS, Denali grill....but, i'm wondering if you ever got around to this skid? if you've got pics can you post them

hey also did this ever get sold
[size=75]*SOLD* 5" BDS, 2" PA, 33" MT's, HPPIII , Airaid TB spacer, K&N FIPK, March pulleys, 2.5" straight pipe, Trucktec tonneau, Herculinered body line down, 3/16" custom skid plates[/size]
bubaloo1983
Crew Elite
Crew Elite

Post by bubaloo1983 »

hey yah it did get sold sorry i should have posted that. sold it to a zr2 guy

i did finish the skid and sold one so far. i dont have a pic of it though! but once he gets it ( i actually just shipped it yesterday) i will get pics of it on his bds lift :)