shocks

Fitting oversize tires, raising and lowering, suspension modifications...

Moderator: F9K9

tzdevill

shocks

Post by tzdevill »

there are like 1 billion different options. i have seen that most people prefer the bilstiens. i have also looked at the rancho rsx series and they make one that is for a 2 inch lift?

I just cant decide on what would be the best route to go? I have the t bar/shakle lift on my truck and 30k so have a roling boat like everyone else with stock shocks?

also where is the best place to buy them. My aftermarket parts hookup got bought out by napa(mfers)

sorry to be such a noob.
gocntry
Crew Elite
Crew Elite

Post by gocntry »

Tzdevill wrote:also where is the best place to buy them

I Have The Rancho RS 5000's, They Are Ok But I Wished I Had Done The Bilsteins.

Go To Truckperformance.com Bilsteins Are 60.00 Each W/ Free Shipping right Now.

Bilsteins W/ Free Shipping
The Crew Is Gone, Now I Have A Hoe
kwalsh
Crew Elite
Crew Elite

Post by kwalsh »

LOVE THE BILSTEINS :D

& I bought them from truckperformance.com
[size=75]"Pain = weakness leaving the body."[/size]
F9K9
Mod K Elite
Mod K Elite

Re: shocks

Post by F9K9 »

tzdevill wrote:there are like 1 billion different options. i have seen that most people prefer the bilstiens. i have also looked at the rancho rsx series and they make one that is for a 2 inch lift? .
By lift, do you mean Body or suspension?

You do not need special shocks after a 2" BL. Nothing changes in your suspension with a BL.

I too recommend the Bilstiens :D
[size=75][b]"For those who have fought for it, [i][color=red]FR[/color][color=white]EE[/color][color=blue]DOM[/color][/i] has a taste that the protected will never know."
[url=http://www.naxja.org/forum/showthread.php?t=73349]GUIDE TO SEARCHING. [i] (Some of the forum software is different but, it has helped me a lot.)[/i][/url][/b]
[b]"Those who don't know history are destined to repeat it." Edmund Burke[/b][/size]
Walt
Admin K Elite
Admin K Elite

Post by Walt »

I have ProComp ES9000's and I'm fairly happy with them :D And at $30 a shock, they were easy on the wallet :lol:
--Walt
2001 S-10 CrewCab - Retired...
snocat1
Crew Elite
Crew Elite

Post by snocat1 »

How about the Edelbrock shocks from Perfromance Products?
They were $69.95 ea. back in summer of 2003 in my book that I found tonight. :lol: But you can goto PerformanceProducts.com and see what they cost now and order a new book.
[size=75]2001 crew cab with a quick hatch tonneau cover
235/75/15 bridgestone dueler at revos[/size]
tzdevill

Re: shocks

Post by tzdevill »

f9k9 wrote:
tzdevill wrote:there are like 1 billion different options. i have seen that most people prefer the bilstiens. i have also looked at the rancho rsx series and they make one that is for a 2 inch lift? .
By lift, do you mean Body or suspension?

You do not need special shocks after a 2" BL. Nothing changes in your suspension with a BL.

I too recommend the Bilstiens :D
in there catalog they had some designed for 0-2 sus lift also. i know that a body lift doesnt do anything to suspension

but now that i think about it and really need shocks and really dont have the money i just need something good to go on there.
Jeff
Crew
Crew

Post by Jeff »

I am runnig the Bilstiens, and have never ran a better shock. I got them at eshocks.com best price I found. $239.00 delivered