SL vs BDS

Fitting oversize tires, raising and lowering, suspension modifications...

Moderator: F9K9

jeggers
Crew Elite
Crew Elite

SL vs BDS

Post by jeggers »

OK, you guys know I have the superlift kit, I am very happy with it so far. I wanted to start this thread to compare the bds kit to the superlift f.i.t. kit.

sl pro's
*very strong kit ( you could almost assemble this kit on the floor and raise it in as one piece)
*6" (not 5")
*belly pan (covers it all)
*better looking center link
*upper control arm brackets are one piece (not two and require less trimming of stock mount)
*stainless front skid (option)
*bilstein gas shocks (option)
*stabilizer(optional) mounts to center link and uca crossmember(bid not see a uca crossmember with the bds kit)
*welding required(strong)

some sl cons
*directions suck
*need to cut and weld (ya goes both ways)
*24 hr install
*still when done those torsion bars will be hanging 6" lower
*need to relocate front lower shock mount

bds pro's (form what i can ge off of there site)
*new upper control arms
*no welding
*less cutting of stock front crossmember
*torsion bar crossmember looks easyer to install

bds cons
*what no welding???
*still need to cut
*upper control arm brackets are two pieces not one (require more cutting)
*only 5" inches :lol:
*diff skid is smaller than sl
*still need to drop those torsion bars
*just don't like the center link and longer tie rods
*kit looks weaker than the sl kit

What i would like to see shorter torsion bars and and a real lift like adapter to keep those things where the belong.

I don't know if I hit every thing but its a start for now. If I were to buy a kit today I would go with the superlift and buy the bds upper arms to go with it.

OK, so I didn't start this to bash the bds kit I just know more about the sl kit. My goal here is to help other crew cabers with there decision, so feel free st add to this thread. :D :D :D :D :D
2001 cc 2" pa body lift traded
2004 cc zr5 2" pa body lift 6" super lift 2" rear shackle and tb crank traded for a v-max Silverado
2006 V-max cc
2001 ex cab 4x4 ls work truck rufff country 2" lift sold
2012 silverado WT 2wd
Yellow Hammer
Crew Elite
Crew Elite

Post by Yellow Hammer »

Sounds like a reasonable survey of both kits. As far as torsion bars go, you can buy relocater kits to put them back up where they belong. Although, I get your point, both kits should include those in their package. I'd be interested in hearing from people who have these kits and there thoughts but unless they have done both, I don't think it would be too accurate. So far I have only seen one person on this site with a BDS kit and that's bwenny247. Maybe a little farther down the road when more people get the BDS kit, we can get more of an idea of what it's like.

Personally, I'd go with the Superlift because we know more about it from people on this site and so far all comments have been good.
[size=75]2001 S-10 Crew Cab (white), 2" suspension lift (torsion bar crank & Daystar shackles), 2"BL, 31X10.50 BFG AT, 15X7 Cragar wheels (black), 1.25" rear wheel spacers, Hi-Lift jack with mount, rock sliders, Bilstein shocks, Westin light bar, Hella 500 lights, Trans cooler, GPS, CB, XM radio

Roll Tide!![/size]
Big E
Regular
Regular

Post by Big E »

I believe the Realift concept is patented. Probably won't see them in any suspension kits anytime soon.
jeggers
Crew Elite
Crew Elite

Post by jeggers »

Buller...... Buller ..... Buller ..... anyone........ anyone.... anyone........ Buller.......
2004 cc zr5 2" pa body lift 6" super lift 2" rear shackle and tb crank traded for a v-max Silverado
2006 V-max cc
2012 silverado WT 2wd
SomeCrew
Crew Elite
Crew Elite

Post by SomeCrew »

I believe its spelled "Beuller"....I believe
[size=59][color=red]| '03 CC | WESTIN SPORTSMEN BRUSH GUARD | KC DAYLIGHTERS | WESTIN NERF BARS | WESTIN SPORTSMEN TAILLIGHT GUARDS | 6" SUPERLIFT SL |2" PA BL | 35" THORNBIRDS ON 15" AMERICAN RACING WHEELS |[/color][/size]
jeggers
Crew Elite
Crew Elite

Post by jeggers »

ya i think that is correct
2006 V-max cc
2012 silverado WT 2wd
bwenny247
Crew Elite
Crew Elite

Post by bwenny247 »

some BDS pros and cons that i can think of beyond what you've posted(not installing the lift i don't know the complete nuts and bolts of it)

pros:
-optional billstein upgrades
-optional steering stabilizer
-don't have to break the brake lines you relocate them(from what i
-understand the SL requires breaking them??? correct me if i'm wrong)
-i got my BDS kit with steering stabilizer for a couple hundred less then the SL kit without a stabilizer

Cons:
-again its 5" compared to 6"
-smaller tire choice because of the smaller lift
-there is no front skid plate available with the kit, but bubalou can hook you up
[size=75]*SOLD* 5" BDS, 2" PA, 33" MT's, HPPIII , Airaid TB spacer, K&N FIPK, March pulleys, 2.5" straight pipe, Trucktec tonneau, Herculinered body line down, 3/16" custom skid plates[/size]
jeggers
Crew Elite
Crew Elite

Post by jeggers »

bds pro
pics in directions v/s drawings
2006 V-max cc
2012 silverado WT 2wd