new sl6 F.I.T series lift question...

Fitting oversize tires, raising and lowering, suspension modifications...

Moderator: F9K9

chvyblazin97
Regular
Regular

new sl6 F.I.T series lift question...

Post by chvyblazin97 »

first off, sorry i dont have a crew cab, i have a blazer, but i thought someone may still know espcially since theres some superlift guys on here. I just did the sl6 install on my blazer and i have a rear sway bar. For now i removed it, but would like it back on. The instructions say NOTHING at all about the rear sway bar that i see, it doesnt even say to remove it...so whats up with the rear sway bar? and for the hell of it heres some pics, i also have a 2 inch bl, tbar keys, shackles, and quite a lot of trimming. my 35s are coming tomorrow..

thanks

http://client.webshots.com/album/306219350rSIamQ
SomeCrew
Crew Elite
Crew Elite

Post by SomeCrew »

Probably changing the subject here, I am assuming the t-bar keys are for lifting, and im also assuming its better than cranking the t-bars, so where can I find them to buy?
[size=59][color=red]| '03 CC | WESTIN SPORTSMEN BRUSH GUARD | KC DAYLIGHTERS | WESTIN NERF BARS | WESTIN SPORTSMEN TAILLIGHT GUARDS | 6" SUPERLIFT SL |2" PA BL | 35" THORNBIRDS ON 15" AMERICAN RACING WHEELS |[/color][/size]
chvyblazin97
Regular
Regular

Post by chvyblazin97 »

ya, tbar keys are for more lift, espcially if your tbars are kind of old and are maxed out and still not high enough, however if your trucks pretty new you should still have pllently of crank left with the stock keys. i got mine from truckin.com, but their no longer listed on the site for some reason...id call them, but dont crank to much...,basically they allow you to crank the tbars more, now please can anyone help me, i need the sway bar back...i definently notice it missing...
SomeCrew
Crew Elite
Crew Elite

Post by SomeCrew »

[size=59][color=red]| '03 CC | WESTIN SPORTSMEN BRUSH GUARD | KC DAYLIGHTERS | WESTIN NERF BARS | WESTIN SPORTSMEN TAILLIGHT GUARDS | 6" SUPERLIFT SL |2" PA BL | 35" THORNBIRDS ON 15" AMERICAN RACING WHEELS |[/color][/size]
chvyblazin97
Regular
Regular

Post by chvyblazin97 »

ya thats them, they were off the site for a while, but they seem to be back...
jeggers
Crew Elite
Crew Elite

Post by jeggers »

Did you try and call superlift about the sway bar? :D The blazer is ok man i have one of those to.
2001 cc 2" pa body lift traded
2004 cc zr5 2" pa body lift 6" super lift 2" rear shackle and tb crank traded for a v-max Silverado
2006 V-max cc
2001 ex cab 4x4 ls work truck rufff country 2" lift sold
2012 silverado WT 2wd
coffeedrnkr
Crew Elite
Crew Elite

Post by coffeedrnkr »

Who needs sway bars :roll:

My trailmaster lift didn't say anything about it either, I just took mine off. It didn't really make that much of a difference as long as you still have the front one on you should be alright.

I think in order to hook up the rear you will have to lengthen the two ummm, links that go between the crossmember and the sway bar ends. I remember when I put my lift on there was no possible way that it would stretch to connect so I just took it all off but I am sure you could lengthen the links and it would work just fine.

I hope some of that made sense :wink:
[size=75][url=http://s80.photobucket.com/albums/j162/coffeedrnkr15/]The Crazyblaze[/url]
d44/d60 5.13's, atlas 3.8
[/size]
chvyblazin97
Regular
Regular

Post by chvyblazin97 »

i wouldnt care except i do kind of notice it, stepping on the gas a little hard, it lunges back slightly and ya i do see what needs to be done, but nothing was included
1337vending
Crew
Crew

Post by 1337vending »

The sway bar shouldn't have too much effect on the suspension squat under acceleration. All the sway bar should do is keep the body and axle more parallel, and will still allow up and down movement for the suspension and for acceleration squat. If you're going to be doing offroading that requires suspension articulation (rocks), then you probably don't need to put it back on, IMHO.

I'm getting a sway bar for my CC to keep the body roll in check in the long sweeping corners....I don't especially like having to correct my horizon every time I go around fast corners :lol:
[size=75]2003 Indigo Blue Crew Cab - EFILive custom tune, K&N filter, Magnaflow Exhaust, Rear sway bar, ZR5 wheels w/ BFG 30x9.5x15 AllTerrains

Future mods:
Single 6.5" Bazooka behind the backseat[/size]
chvyblazin97
Regular
Regular

Post by chvyblazin97 »

i do offroad and realize no sway bar helps articulation however, ya there seems to be a lot of suspension "squat" in the rear..
jeggers
Crew Elite
Crew Elite

Post by jeggers »

Are the blazer springs differnt then the trucks? After puttining the lift on my crew it seems stiffer. I also added the sl 1" shackle, if that matters. It seem s that my blazer sags a little in the rear compaired to a stock s-series truck, so maybe there is a differnce in the stiffness in the springs?
I dont know if any of this helps you , just trying to help.
2004 cc zr5 2" pa body lift 6" super lift 2" rear shackle and tb crank traded for a v-max Silverado
2006 V-max cc
2012 silverado WT 2wd
jeggers
Crew Elite
Crew Elite

Post by jeggers »

By the way that blazer is sweet :schwing: :thumb:
2006 V-max cc
2012 silverado WT 2wd
Big E
Regular
Regular

Post by Big E »

BDS offers replacement extended links for the Blazer/Jimmy (#121507/121508). Look at tech note number 4. There are different styles and you will need to pick the one the fits your vehicle. I don't see any reason why theirs wouldn't work with the Superlift kit.
http://www.bds-suspension.com/suspensio ... vygmc.html
chvyblazin97
Regular
Regular

Post by chvyblazin97 »

thanks guys! maybe ill look into the bds extensions...dont see why it wouldnt work, anyone know a good dealer i could order the extensions from, im kind of surprised superlift doesnt mention anything, maybe the superlift engineer ive seen on this forum will chime in...
jeggers
Crew Elite
Crew Elite

Post by jeggers »

:lol: good luck on that mickm has not popped in in a long time now :lol:
2006 V-max cc
2012 silverado WT 2wd
Big E
Regular
Regular

Post by Big E »

chvyblazin97
Regular
Regular

Post by chvyblazin97 »

thanks guys, by the way heres some updated pics with the 35s on!!!

http://client.webshots.com/album/314302460ufQyoe