superlift install need help

Fitting oversize tires, raising and lowering, suspension modifications...

Moderator: F9K9

jeggers
Crew Elite
Crew Elite

superlift install need help

Post by jeggers »

:shock: help lifted the rear yesterday and the brake line extention did not fit. parts guy brought over two that would not fit. so, where can i find stainless steal brake lines to extend , in place of the rubber hose.
any help would be great thanks.

joe

and it took about 3.5 hrs to do took our time. :shock:
2001 cc 2" pa body lift traded
2004 cc zr5 2" pa body lift 6" super lift 2" rear shackle and tb crank traded for a v-max Silverado
2006 V-max cc
2001 ex cab 4x4 ls work truck rufff country 2" lift sold
2012 silverado WT 2wd
SomeCrew
Crew Elite
Crew Elite

Post by SomeCrew »

3.5 hours really does not sound bad at all. Remember to post pictures upon completion. :D
[size=59][color=red]| '03 CC | WESTIN SPORTSMEN BRUSH GUARD | KC DAYLIGHTERS | WESTIN NERF BARS | WESTIN SPORTSMEN TAILLIGHT GUARDS | 6" SUPERLIFT SL |2" PA BL | 35" THORNBIRDS ON 15" AMERICAN RACING WHEELS |[/color][/size]
killian96ss
Crew K Elite
Crew K Elite

Post by killian96ss »

Do you have any 4 wheel drive stores or speed shops near you? They usually carry braided stainless brake hoses, at least that's how it is around here. :?

Steve
jeggers
Crew Elite
Crew Elite

Post by jeggers »

mostly just your basic auto parts stores
2004 cc zr5 2" pa body lift 6" super lift 2" rear shackle and tb crank traded for a v-max Silverado
2006 V-max cc
2012 silverado WT 2wd
jeffc
Crew
Crew

Post by jeffc »

what is the part number of your rear brake line extension(89400)? what part of the extension is not fitting on the truck? the extension should be a rubber line(maybe 18" long) with a spring around it. it has a fitting to meet up with the hard line on the driver side frame rail and the other end mounts to a new bracket that bolts onto the rear diff. the lower end is a junction box that fits between the two hard lines on the axle. does that sound like the same part you have or did superlift send you the wrong stuff? if you got the wrong parts i'd be on the phone the first thing in the morning and tell them you paid x amount of money for their kits....and the install had already been delayed due to mising parts once so nothing but over night shipping will be acceptable. they got me my missing parts in 2 days and i probably could have gotten the over night if i really needed them that fast.
ace
Crew Elite
Crew Elite

Post by ace »

I live in illinois and i was looking into lifts and i found this place http://www.attitudeperformance.com/. They install all kinds of lifts and sounded very knowledgable. They are in Arlington heights, IL about 40 minutes from bolingbrook. I spoke to them about installing the new BDS 5" lift. They also figured out a way to put 35" tires under a ZR2. I also know they have done SFA conversions on an S10 too. I've never been there though but I have talked to them over the phone.
[size=75]2005 Silverado Crew Cab Z71
SOLD! 2003 Red Chevy S-10 crewcab ZR5. 2" PA bodylift, 1.5" spacers, CB, Airshocks, 31" Mickey Thompson MTX Tires, raised step bars, Flowmaster super 40 with 2.5" mandrel bent pipe from the Force II kit, gm vent visors, 12 volt bed outlet, airbox mod, zr5 tonneau, Bilstein shocks.[/size]
jeggers
Crew Elite
Crew Elite

Post by jeggers »

jeff, My kit did not come withe the extended rubber line it came with a new step #30 and a six inch hard line(some problems getting the rubber one). I tell you what i am still waiting for the 110mm bolts, bushings for the stabilizer, and the centering bolts. over a week now. I will call the in the morning but i will not hold my breath that they will send me the right stuff. Next sat. i want to finish the install and if i need to spend more i will.
2006 V-max cc
2012 silverado WT 2wd
jeggers
Crew Elite
Crew Elite

Post by jeggers »

ace, I have herd of that shop the installed a bds kit on a zr2 in one of the 4x4 mags, right. I will call them to on monday, thanks. Are you near chicago?
2006 V-max cc
2012 silverado WT 2wd
ace
Crew Elite
Crew Elite

Post by ace »

I live right near the border of Illinois and Wisconsin in the northeast corner. I totally want to lift my truck so I'm exploring all the options. The only thing that blows is that I have the 3.42 gears so If I lift a lot then I'm going to want to change the gears for another grand on top of the price to do a suspension lift. I just might end up doing the body lift and shackles but I really want a suspension lift like yourself. I also tow a camper that further complicates things. After talking to them at Attitude performance I'm sure they'll be able to help you out. I spoke to a guy named Matt there.
SOLD! 2003 Red Chevy S-10 crewcab ZR5. 2" PA bodylift, 1.5" spacers, CB, Airshocks, 31" Mickey Thompson MTX Tires, raised step bars, Flowmaster super 40 with 2.5" mandrel bent pipe from the Force II kit, gm vent visors, 12 volt bed outlet, airbox mod, zr5 tonneau, Bilstein shocks.[/size]
jeggers
Crew Elite
Crew Elite

Post by jeggers »

thanks ace :D
2006 V-max cc
2012 silverado WT 2wd
ace
Crew Elite
Crew Elite

Post by ace »

No problem, hope your install goes well. Let us know how it goes.
Steve2003
Crew Elite
Crew Elite

Don't mean to interupt

Post by Steve2003 »

Ace

I am in the same dilema you are, I have 3.42's also. I managed to scrape up the money to get the 6" SL but didn't have the money to do the gears, which was a big concern to me after reading all the threads on this site about the gears. The 6" SL suggest using 33's and I talked to the guys at the local lift shops around here and they said I would be fine with the 33's with my stock gears (sorry this is so long but I have to explain) so I weighed both options and decided on a comprise. I went with 31x10.5's which after I got them put on, and measured them they were actually 29 1/2 inches. Anyway I didn't notice much of a loss of power in the city and on the highway but I took the truck out on some light offroading and in the snow where I did notice a loss of torque, power, etc. Since then I have added a K&N filter, a tornado, and a flowmaster deltaflow exhaust system with new 2 1/2 inch pipes. I have to say I have more power than before and my gas mileage is back to or better than it was before I lifted it. I have not yet taken it offroading or to the snow yet and still plan on getting 4.10's but for right now I am ok, I can still burn rubber on my offroad tires from a stop, which I could never do before with my truck stock. Just wanted to let you know my experience. Hope you decide to go ahead and lift it, you'll be surprised how much the 6" lift raises our trucks, I was blown away.

Steve
[size=75][color=blue]2003 S-10 crew cab[/color][/size]
[size=75][color=red]6in superlift[/color][/size]
jeggers
Crew Elite
Crew Elite

Post by jeggers »

steve, how high is your rear and front bumpers after the tires and lift? the back of mine looks high now, i added a 1" shacle to the lift but it is hard to tell untill i lift the front how high it will be.

joe
2006 V-max cc
2012 silverado WT 2wd
Steve2003
Crew Elite
Crew Elite

Post by Steve2003 »

Jeggers

I parked my truck on the street and I measured from the bottom of the front bumper (not from the bottom of the valance.) It measure 28 1/2 inches from the ground. The back from the bottom of the bumper is 23 1/2 inches from the ground. I have put on 8 inch rims since I had my lift installed, our stock one's are 7 inches and it seems I lost about an inch on that but the tires widened out and stuck outside of my wheelwells about 2-3 inches.

Steve
jeggers
Crew Elite
Crew Elite

Post by jeggers »

looks great steve2003 :D
2006 V-max cc
2012 silverado WT 2wd
Steve2003
Crew Elite
Crew Elite

Post by Steve2003 »

Thanks..... can't wait to see pic's of your truck, I'll bet it's going to sit really high and look great 8) . I am beginning to think I am glad that GM built these trucks lower to the ground to start with, so now when we lift them and put all the mods on, our trucks really stand out apart from all the others :D , especially the
(:puke: tacoma) Something about our CC's when they're lifted just looks awesome :thumb:

Steve
ace
Crew Elite
Crew Elite

Re: Don't mean to interupt

Post by ace »

Steve2003 wrote:Ace

I am in the same dilema you are, I have 3.42's also. I managed to scrape up the money to get the 6" SL but didn't have the money to do the gears, which was a big concern to me after reading all the threads on this site about the gears. The 6" SL suggest using 33's and I talked to the guys at the local lift shops around here and they said I would be fine with the 33's with my stock gears (sorry this is so long but I have to explain) so I weighed both options and decided on a comprise. I went with 31x10.5's which after I got them put on, and measured them they were actually 29 1/2 inches. Anyway I didn't notice much of a loss of power in the city and on the highway but I took the truck out on some light offroading and in the snow where I did notice a loss of torque, power, etc. Since then I have added a K&N filter, a tornado, and a flowmaster deltaflow exhaust system with new 2 1/2 inch pipes. I have to say I have more power than before and my gas mileage is back to or better than it was before I lifted it. I have not yet taken it offroading or to the snow yet and still plan on getting 4.10's but for right now I am ok, I can still burn rubber on my offroad tires from a stop, which I could never do before with my truck stock. Just wanted to let you know my experience. Hope you decide to go ahead and lift it, you'll be surprised how much the 6" lift raises our trucks, I was blown away.

Steve
Thanks for the info. I've often thought about doing the same thing with exhaust and intake to make up for the loss in power. Did you install your lift yourself or did you get it done and how much did it cost? I'm also curious of how it rides is it close to stock?
Steve2003
Crew Elite
Crew Elite

Post by Steve2003 »

Ace

I had my SL installed it was $2600 out the door, that was for everything. The shop I had it done at beat 4 wheelparts by $100. As far as the ride, it's very close to stock, I think the only difference is because of the tires it made it a slight bit rougher, more like a truck. I would have to say though going over bumps the front seemed a little more smooth and the rear a little more stiff. I paid $315 for the exhaust system, with customized 2 1/2 inch pipes to come out the rear. $45 for the tornado and $60 for the K&N filter. From what I hear this is a pretty tough install :twisted: the shop had my truck for a week :x . I have to hand it to Jeggers and all the other guys who have done this install themselves :thumb: .

Steve