spacers

Fitting oversize tires, raising and lowering, suspension modifications...

Moderator: F9K9

ZIGGY K
Crew Elite
Crew Elite

spacers

Post by ZIGGY K »

can i run the same size spacers on the front and back of my crew cab, i was thinking of 1.75or 2.00. i ask this question because most of you run smaller on the front. is there a reason for this?
Pauleo
Crew Elite
Crew Elite

Post by Pauleo »

You can run the same size spacers front & back if you would like. But the idea most have (I think) is to make the back wheels align with the front. On our CC's, we have a front wheel drive set up so the fronts stick out farther than the rear. The rears are completely inside the wheel well & the fronts already stick out a bit. So if you want them to match & still put spacers all the way around, your back spacers need to be about 1 1/2" wider.

Isn't that right guys???
[size=75]"As I said before, I never repeat myself!"[/size]
ZIGGY K
Crew Elite
Crew Elite

Post by ZIGGY K »

what type of ride do i get with pushing the rear tires out to match the fronts with spacers?
Pauleo
Crew Elite
Crew Elite

Post by Pauleo »

I don't know that you would notice any difference in the ride of the truck. It would be more of an appearance thing. That is, if you were just bringing the rears out to the stock fronts. I haven't done it to mine yet, but it's definately on my "to do" list! :D If you were widening all the way around, I would think that the truck would handle a TON better! I would just fear that the truck would start to show sign's of sagging in the center in the long run. I heard somewhere that you can do some serious damage widening the stance if you go too far without making some suspension changes or something. I don't know. Maybe someone else with a little more knowledge than I will get to posting a better answer than mine. These guys really are AWESOME here! 8)
[size=75]"As I said before, I never repeat myself!"[/size]
a2b
Mod K Elite
Mod K Elite

Post by a2b »

no need to double post :wink:
[size=75] -HOBIE

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^| ||__\
| ##Budweiser ###### | ||''|"\,__.
|_...__...________ ====| |__|__|...]
"(@)'(@)""""**|(@)(@)******(@)I[/size]
HenryJ
Admin K Elite
Admin K Elite

Re: spacers

Post by HenryJ »

ZIGGY K wrote:can i run the same size spacers on the front and back of my crew cab, i was thinking of 1.75or 2.00. i ask this question because most of you run smaller on the front. is there a reason for this?
Welcome :wave:

The reason people don't run wider than 1.5" spacers on the front is...clearance. There is just not enough room with less than 4.5 inches of rear spacing. The tires will hit the back side of the front fenders.

I am running 1.25" spacers on the front, 2"BL and 31" Geolandar A/T's on 6" "stock" rear spaced rims. They just barely clear when turned.

"Speed doesn't kill, suddenly becoming stationary does." - Richard Hammond
"Speed is just a matter of Money - How fast do YOU want to go?"-Mechanic from Mad Max-
If at first you don't succeed - Don't take up Skydiving!
- ThunderII KE7CSK