new pics

Fitting oversize tires, raising and lowering, suspension modifications...

Moderator: F9K9

adrenalnjunky
Crew Elite
Crew Elite

new pics

Post by adrenalnjunky »

Wow -- board has been kinda slow lately......

Here's my contribution -- I finally put a decent looking set of tires on to replace my 235/70/15 Uniroyal POS highway stockers.

BFG AT KO's -- 30x9.50x15 Paid $505 mounted and balanced, with roadhazard from the local SAMS club.

I think the tire vs. wheelwell and truck height all balance out pretty well - I have the PA 2" BL, and daystar shackles with torsions cranked a few turns.

Plenty of clearance, and no rub at full lock either directions - the truck should have rolled off the dealer's lots this way -- Chevy would have sold more.
[size=75]Thanks, CHRIS
2000 S10 Blazer 4x4 4Dr. -- 2" PA BodyLift, Daystar Shackles, TB Crank, 1.75" Rear wheel spacers, Yakima roofrack, 30" BFG AT's.
1969 VW Bug -- airbagged and in pieces.
1962 VW Karmann ghia -- rusting over in the corner. "That's not a tool--that's a damn brick!"[/size]
quickbiker
Crew K Elite
Crew K Elite

Post by quickbiker »

How come you didn't go 31's? Lookit like ya got room.
[size=75][url=http://outsideventure.com/s10crew/]01 S10 Crewcab - SAS'd[/url][/size]
HenryJ
Admin K Elite
Admin K Elite

Post by HenryJ »

Looks great :thumb:

"Speed doesn't kill, suddenly becoming stationary does." - Richard Hammond
"Speed is just a matter of Money - How fast do YOU want to go?"-Mechanic from Mad Max-
If at first you don't succeed - Don't take up Skydiving!
- ThunderII KE7CSK
Jay-Bird
Crew
Crew

Post by Jay-Bird »

looks good.....
Justin
Crew Elite
Crew Elite

Post by Justin »

those tires in 31" rub the frame. I wouldn't suggest them especially if you have 3.42. But none the less, they are a great tire and wear really well
[size=75]05 Sierra LLY "Silver Bull"[/size]
barch97
Crew K Elite
Crew K Elite

Re: new pics

Post by barch97 »

adrenalnjunky wrote: the truck should have rolled off the dealer's lots this way.
:thumb:

Looks VERY gooder. And, I might also add... that's one SHINY blazer.
quickbiker
Crew K Elite
Crew K Elite

Post by quickbiker »

Justin wrote:those tires in 31" rub the frame. I wouldn't suggest them especially if you have 3.42. But none the less, they are a great tire and wear really well
Oh :thumb:
[size=75][url=http://outsideventure.com/s10crew/]01 S10 Crewcab - SAS'd[/url][/size]
a2b
Mod K Elite
Mod K Elite

Post by a2b »

yep, they would have sold more if they looked that good. and yes, he has 3.42's...31's suck with 3.42's...
[size=75] -HOBIE

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^| ||__\
| ##Budweiser ###### | ||''|"\,__.
|_...__...________ ====| |__|__|...]
"(@)'(@)""""**|(@)(@)******(@)I[/size]
adrenalnjunky
Crew Elite
Crew Elite

Post by adrenalnjunky »

Thanks guys -- I posted those pics about midnight last Sunday and then went on vacation for a week the next day.

Yes it's shiny -- first time I have washed it since Feb 27th -- cause I got married the next day.

And yes, I have 3.42's so I decided to try and split the difference between 235/75/15's and 31's.

Thanks for the comments guys -- now if I could get a new safari bar for it and my new KC's mounted I'd be back in business.
[size=75]Thanks, CHRIS
2000 S10 Blazer 4x4 4Dr. -- 2" PA BodyLift, Daystar Shackles, TB Crank, 1.75" Rear wheel spacers, Yakima roofrack, 30" BFG AT's.
1962 VW Karmann ghia -- rusting over in the corner. "That's not a tool--that's a damn brick!"[/size]
04revx
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

Post by 04revx »

adrenalnjunky - I just wanted to comment on how good your blazer looks. I'm going for the same look, but don't think I want to do the 2" bodylift so i'm gonna stick with an add-a-leaf kit and t-bar crank. Do you think I will be able to fit those same tires with the mods I have said and not rub? Great looking truck!
2000 4-Door Blazer 4X4-Stock for now, but have plans.
2004 Ski-Doo MXZX 600 H.O.
adrenalnjunky
Crew Elite
Crew Elite

Post by adrenalnjunky »

With an AAL or the Boise Springworks kit, and t-bars, I would think you should fit the 30's pretty well.

The 235/75 isn't a whole lot smaller than some 30's, so it will probably be ok, you might run into some of the same back-of-the-front-fender clearance issues that the guys with the BL and 31's have run into.

I decided on going with 30's on mine after seeing pics of one of the guys here ont he board--was a black truck, and had no BL.

Hope it helps.
[size=75]Thanks, CHRIS