Rancho Shock Question

Fitting oversize tires, raising and lowering, suspension modifications...

Moderator: F9K9

ViperVengeance
Regular
Regular

Rancho Shock Question

Post by ViperVengeance »

Okay this may sound dumb for you seasoned veterans but... How do you get the boot onto the Rancho Shocks? Should the end unscrew or what? There are no Directions that came with the shocks. The Rancho Website is of no help. Please tell me how or tell me where I can go to find out other than writing an email to Rancho and waiting for weeks to here an answer that is probably easily done. Thank You.
2002 Sonoma Crew Cab ZR5, Indigo Blue Metallic, PA 2" Body Lift, Rancho 5000 Series shocks, Low Temp Thermostat, K&N Filter, Bridgestone Dueler AT Revo 31 10.50 R15's
24digger
Crew Elite
Crew Elite

Post by 24digger »

You just have to force it over the end, thats how I did mine.
[size=75]2002 Yellow Crewcab, Gaylord X2000 Lid, Ventvisors, Painted to match bugshield, Stepshields, K&N filter,rear swaybar, Bed X-tender,Window Tint, 1.25" wheel spacers,overhead console with trip computer, steering wheel with radio controls, bilsteins, optima redtop, taylor wires. flowmaster 40 muffler, energy suspension swaybar bushings[/size]
ViperVengeance
Regular
Regular

Post by ViperVengeance »

That's a P.I.T.A I didn't think it was gonna fit, thought I might tear the boot.
24digger
Crew Elite
Crew Elite

Post by 24digger »

Its not as bad as you think, it will stretch pretty good. good luck.
[size=75]2002 Yellow Crewcab, Gaylord X2000 Lid, Ventvisors, Painted to match bugshield, Stepshields, K&N filter,rear swaybar, Bed X-tender,Window Tint, 1.25" wheel spacers,overhead console with trip computer, steering wheel with radio controls, bilsteins, optima redtop, taylor wires. flowmaster 40 muffler, energy suspension swaybar bushings[/size]
Conman
Crew Elite
Crew Elite

Post by Conman »

put some dishwashing soap(no water needed) on the casing(painted parts), not the shaft(chrome plated parts) and it will make it easier to slide the boot on the casing.

Con
[size=75]2007 Hummer H3 all Stock
Sold: 2004 Chevy Avalanche Z71 all Stock.
Sold: 2002 Chevy S10 Crew Cab ZR5 - Mods: Truxedo Bed Cover, APC and TYC Lights.[/size]
coffeedrnkr
Crew Elite
Crew Elite

Post by coffeedrnkr »

I cut a slit from the bottom up about 1 inch on one end of the boot to put it over the mounting bracket thing then just zip tied the bottom back together onto the shock. works for me :wink:
[size=75][url=http://s80.photobucket.com/albums/j162/coffeedrnkr15/]The Crazyblaze[/url]
d44/d60 5.13's, atlas 3.8
[/size]