shop lift

Fitting oversize tires, raising and lowering, suspension modifications...

Moderator: F9K9

Coda
Crew
Crew

shop lift

Post by Coda »

I was going to have a friend help me put on a 2" bl and flares and 31" bfg all terrains but he doesnt have enough time and turns out neither do i with my new job, so im forced to take my 03 zr5 to a shop to have it done. Has anyone ever taken thier truck to a shop for a lift, and how much did they charge you for instillation? heres the website where ill be taking my truck
www.meadowlands4wd.com
Any info would be great!
Justin
Crew Elite
Crew Elite

Post by Justin »

All i can help you out with is that it will probably take 8-10 hours. Maybe less with the experience those guys have on trucks...Luckily, there was a local shop at my school that charges $8 per hour for a bay with a hydraulic lift and I did the install myself.
[size=75]05 Sierra LLY "Silver Bull"[/size]
a2b
Mod K Elite
Mod K Elite

Post by a2b »

500 bucks for the BL
[size=75] -HOBIE

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^| ||__\
| ##Budweiser ###### | ||''|"\,__.
|_...__...________ ====| |__|__|...]
"(@)'(@)""""**|(@)(@)******(@)I[/size]
kwalsh
Crew Elite
Crew Elite

Post by kwalsh »

I am familar with this shop. A few friends have used Meadowlands to install a suspension lift. I have heard only positives about their service.
And I think the last time I was talking with a manager there, he said his wife has a crew...
[size=75]"Pain = weakness leaving the body."[/size]
AZS10Crew
Crew K Elite
Crew K Elite

Post by AZS10Crew »

Yeah...what Hobie said. It will be at least $500 at a normal shop. If at all possible, wiat and do it yourself. It's not really hard to do, it just takes time. Not worth $500 IMHO.

Where are you located? Maybe there's a member or two on here that are nearby that can help?
[size=75]Mark
[b][i][color=red]2004 Dodge Ram 1500 4x4 Quad Cab[/color][/i][/b]
[b][color=blue]"There are no stupid questions, just stupid people."[/color][/b][/size]
Coda
Crew
Crew

Post by Coda »

has anyone gotten a suspension lift done at a shop? I think i might have convinced my dad to let me get a suspension lift insted (im only 18 and i have to tell him what im going to do with my truck before i do it lol). How much did athe shop charge to install a 6" suspension lift?
barch97
Crew K Elite
Crew K Elite

Post by barch97 »

AZS10Crew wrote:Where are you located? Maybe there's a member or two on here that are nearby that can help?
Yeah... I'm down in ocean county and while I've never done one of these before and I'm really not all that handy with the tools, I'd be happy come stand around drinkin' all your beer and takin' some pics for the board. lemme know if that'll help ya any.
AZS10Crew
Crew K Elite
Crew K Elite

Post by AZS10Crew »

Coda wrote:has anyone gotten a suspension lift done at a shop? I think i might have convinced my dad to let me get a suspension lift insted (im only 18 and i have to tell him what im going to do with my truck before i do it lol). How much did athe shop charge to install a 6" suspension lift?
A suspension lift for our trucks will run you anywhere from $1500-$2000 (parts and labor included).
[size=75]Mark
[b][color=blue]"There are no stupid questions, just stupid people."[/color][/b][/size]
Bad_Ass_S10
Crew Elite
Crew Elite

Post by Bad_Ass_S10 »

the shops around here ( Tampa Fl ) charge $350 labor for a body lift and $600 for a suspension lift, I dont know if thats a good price or not, but seems too me thats a lil steep, especially for the body lift, but what do I know, I do all my own work, not just to save $$$, plus I sleep better at night knowing what has been done to my truck
[size=75]GO BIG or Go Home
SFA - Dana 44 - front & rear - 4.88 gears - 39.5x15x20's[/size]
KCustom
Crew Elite
Crew Elite

BL

Post by KCustom »

The local shop in Tulsa charges $350 to put on a BL.....
2003 Sonoma Crew Cab, Superlift 6", PA 2" BL, KMC XD Enduros, BF Goodrich 315-70-17s, Powerdyne SC, JBA wires,headers and catback, CAI, Crossdrilled & Slotted rotors, Prerunner bar W/ fogs, bed mount spare, Custom rear buckets...
Coda
Crew
Crew

Post by Coda »

well, i think im going to get the trailmaster 5" suspension lift (on their website it only has the lift going to '99 models but can it work for my '03 cc?), 2" rear shackle lift and 31" bfg all terrains. I go on thursday to meadowlands to have them price it out for me. Oh, and the rear shackle lift, does that only lift the back of the truck up?
HenryJ
Admin K Elite
Admin K Elite

Post by HenryJ »

Coda wrote:... the rear shackle lift, does that only lift the back of the truck up?
Yes

"Speed doesn't kill, suddenly becoming stationary does." - Richard Hammond
"Speed is just a matter of Money - How fast do YOU want to go?"-Mechanic from Mad Max-
If at first you don't succeed - Don't take up Skydiving!
- ThunderII KE7CSK
Brad
Crew Elite
Crew Elite

Post by Brad »

500 bucks to put on my TM lift.

Brad
Freinds don't let freinds crank torsion bars.
Coda
Crew
Crew

Post by Coda »

how much was the total for the lift + the labor?
Coda
Crew
Crew

Post by Coda »

ok well I just called meadowlands4wd and I told them I wanted to put a suspension lift on my '03 crew and the lady told me that the guy doesnt know if the lift for my truck came out yet and he has to call me back. So does this mean that the 5" trailmaster lift wont work my my crew?
AZS10Crew
Crew K Elite
Crew K Elite

Post by AZS10Crew »

Technically the 5" TM kit isn't for anything newer than a 99 S-10. It can be made to work, but that decision is usually up to the shop. If it's installed on anything other than what's recommended by TM, then technically the warranty on the lift is no good. So if there are problems, you're SOL. If the shop says they'll install it and stand behind their work, then you're good to go.

I'd just wait until the Superlift 6" kit comes out if I were you.
[size=75]Mark
Coda
Crew
Crew

Post by Coda »

which is when?
kwalsh
Crew Elite
Crew Elite

Post by kwalsh »

barch97 wrote:Yeah... I'm down in ocean county
Hey barch, Where in ocean county? I'm in Ship Bottom for the summer.
[size=75]"Pain = weakness leaving the body."[/size]
AZS10Crew
Crew K Elite
Crew K Elite

Post by AZS10Crew »

Coda wrote:which is when?
I think KCustom (who has the prototype kit on his truck) said it will be out around August.
[size=75]Mark
Coda
Crew
Crew

Post by Coda »

ahh nice nice
KCustom
Crew Elite
Crew Elite

Superlift kit...

Post by KCustom »

I have been told that the kit should be avalilable August 1st...it is a true 6 inch lift and should be close in price to the TM or again as I have been told...It is the coolist kit I have seen, I requires less cutting, comes with a belly pan to protect the front diff. and will give you perfect front end alignment. I think that the front skid plate and the bilstiens are an option but does come with great shocks and all the hardware to install it.
2003 Sonoma Crew Cab, Superlift 6", PA 2" BL, KMC XD Enduros, BF Goodrich 315-70-17s, Powerdyne SC, JBA wires,headers and catback, CAI, Crossdrilled & Slotted rotors, Prerunner bar W/ fogs, bed mount spare, Custom rear buckets...
Coda
Crew
Crew

Post by Coda »

thats awesome... now i just have to try and figure out what im going to do until august 1st... its going to be hard to wait that long :(
Coda
Crew
Crew

Post by Coda »

holy sh*t!!! I just called meadowlands4wd back AGAIN to try and see if they can put a lift on my truck, and the guy told me to give him my phone number cause i "have to talk to the boss" and this is the third time ive done this!!! If the guy doesnt call me back tomorrow im going somewhere else.. lol.... anyone ever experience this BS from a shop?
barch97
Crew K Elite
Crew K Elite

Post by barch97 »

kwalsh wrote:
barch97 wrote:Yeah... I'm down in ocean county
Hey barch, Where in ocean county? I'm in Ship Bottom for the summer.
look to your left :lol:

across the bay... forked river