6" Superlift -reality or myth?

Fitting oversize tires, raising and lowering, suspension modifications...

Moderator: F9K9

a2b
Mod K Elite
Mod K Elite

Post by a2b »

ya, when is someone going to buy that thing and get on this site... :D
[size=75] -HOBIE

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^| ||__\
| ##Budweiser ###### | ||''|"\,__.
|_...__...________ ====| |__|__|...]
"(@)'(@)""""**|(@)(@)******(@)I[/size]
Jay-Bird
Crew
Crew

Post by Jay-Bird »

the guy drove the truck for a week then he couldnt finance it for some reason so he just gave it back... my dad knows some people that work up there.....
Conman
Crew Elite
Crew Elite

Post by Conman »

Jay-Bird wrote:the guy drove the truck for a week then he couldnt finance it for some reason so he just gave it back... my dad knows some people that work up there.....
Some States are funny like that. In NY, you are not allowed to take delivery of the vehicle unless it's 100% approved.

Cheers,
Con
[size=75]2007 Hummer H3 all Stock
Sold: 2004 Chevy Avalanche Z71 all Stock.
Sold: 2002 Chevy S10 Crew Cab ZR5 - Mods: Truxedo Bed Cover, APC and TYC Lights.[/size]
AZS10Crew
Crew K Elite
Crew K Elite

Post by AZS10Crew »

Conman wrote:
Jay-Bird wrote:the guy drove the truck for a week then he couldnt finance it for some reason so he just gave it back... my dad knows some people that work up there.....
Some States are funny like that. In NY, you are not allowed to take delivery of the vehicle unless it's 100% approved.

Cheers,
Con
Same for Indiana. AZ does the "deliver and give back" thing though. That's just dumb.
[size=75]Mark
[b][i][color=red]2004 Dodge Ram 1500 4x4 Quad Cab[/color][/i][/b]
[b][color=blue]"There are no stupid questions, just stupid people."[/color][/b][/size]
jarhead
Crew Elite
Crew Elite

Post by jarhead »

:x :x CA does the same stupid shl!t you can take the car home today but have to bring it back in a week. one of my friends just tried to get a sonoma and after almost 2 weeks they called him back and said that he wasn't aproved for financing :x :x
2001 pewter crew She's for sale
KCustom
Crew Elite
Crew Elite

Post by KCustom »

I wish I could become a Superlift dealer, but there is a dealer in Tulsa that is in pretty tight with them already....I hope to have finished pictures of the truck next week. I will send them out when I get them
2003 Sonoma Crew Cab, Superlift 6", PA 2" BL, KMC XD Enduros, BF Goodrich 315-70-17s, Powerdyne SC, JBA wires,headers and catback, CAI, Crossdrilled & Slotted rotors, Prerunner bar W/ fogs, bed mount spare, Custom rear buckets...
Jay-Bird
Crew
Crew

Post by Jay-Bird »

i guess that superlift is still testing the lift...
adrenalnjunky
Crew Elite
Crew Elite

Post by adrenalnjunky »

KCustom,

I talked to one of the design guys yesterday and he was telling me that they're putting brackets on the truck now, so yeah hopefully they'll have it ready for some pics next week.
[size=75]Thanks, CHRIS
2000 S10 Blazer 4x4 4Dr. -- 2" PA BodyLift, Daystar Shackles, TB Crank, 1.75" Rear wheel spacers, Yakima roofrack, 30" BFG AT's.
1969 VW Bug -- airbagged and in pieces.
1962 VW Karmann ghia -- rusting over in the corner. "That's not a tool--that's a damn brick!"[/size]
NTXCrew
Crew Elite
Crew Elite

Post by NTXCrew »

w/ 32's and the 6" superlift, where do you think our trucks would sit as compared to a stock 1500 Z71 or S10 ZR2?
2003 S-10 Crew Cab - Indigo Blue Metallic
Flowmaster 40 w/ turndown, Chopped Airbox, APC clear corners, Trenz billet bowtie, Shaved badges, Sylvania Silverstars, Xenon fogs
-Jim
2bunik
Crew Elite
Crew Elite

Post by 2bunik »

ok .. I think pics are appropiate now.. its only fair.. can't someone drive over ther and snap a pic or two just to have a nice pic to drool over..
[size=75]TARMAC TRENDZ car club
2003 GMC Zr5 maroon or somethingto it.
Two 10s in a custom box and Pioneer Premier 400w amp, Quad mod,Body lift, bed light.
http://www.tarmactrendz.vze.com/[/size]
adrenalnjunky
Crew Elite
Crew Elite

Post by adrenalnjunky »

I could drive over there right now--It's only about 7 miles from my house, but the truck is inside, and I dont have any keys sorry :-)

I hear the crewcab is going to have a pretty decent stereo installed once it gets back to Oklahoma though :-)
[size=75]Thanks, CHRIS
2000 S10 Blazer 4x4 4Dr. -- 2" PA BodyLift, Daystar Shackles, TB Crank, 1.75" Rear wheel spacers, Yakima roofrack, 30" BFG AT's.
1962 VW Karmann ghia -- rusting over in the corner. "That's not a tool--that's a damn brick!"[/size]
2bunik
Crew Elite
Crew Elite

Post by 2bunik »

how about on moday? :D
Two 10s in a custom box and Pioneer Premier 400w amp, Quad mod,Body lift, bed light.
Jay-Bird
Crew
Crew

Post by Jay-Bird »

i just got a 86 supra... its my acctual first car.. had to drive to wyile, tx... i might can go after my car get worked on, on monday... where are the pics?? didnt some one say pics..?
2bunik
Crew Elite
Crew Elite

Post by 2bunik »

:?
AZS10Crew
Crew K Elite
Crew K Elite

Post by AZS10Crew »

NTXCrew wrote:w/ 32's and the 6" superlift, where do you think our trucks would sit as compared to a stock 1500 Z71 or S10 ZR2?
It will definitely be taller than a ZR2...mine is as tall as a stock ZR2 right now. I assume it would probably be about the same as a 1500 Z71.
[size=75]Mark
[b][color=blue]"There are no stupid questions, just stupid people."[/color][/b][/size]
2bunik
Crew Elite
Crew Elite

Post by 2bunik »

:twisted: :twisted: :twisted: OK what is up with the pictures for the lift.. It has been months.. If they had my truck you better beleive Id been taking pictures.. ok Im gonna sit back and wait now.. :twisted:
adrenalnjunky
Crew Elite
Crew Elite

Post by adrenalnjunky »

Not flaming you, but chill....

The truck was taken to them long before they had the kit even designed for it, because that's when KC could get it down there.

Superlift's original plan was to re-engineer the old 3 inch kit for more lift and to fit this truck, but they decided to scrap that plan in favor of designing a brand new/more functional lift from the ground up. They decided to scale down the kit that they released for the Silverado/Sierra to incorporate all of the features of the FIT system on the S-10. Then The new F-150's came out, and they had to get their lift ready for it, They are working on some new stuff for the current SuperDuty, and for the '05 Super Duty when that truck goes to an IFS front end. They also own Black Diamond and have had to work on new Jeep kits for both brands.

Bluntly, the new s-10 kit got back burnered, and I can't think that any of us would disagree that a vehicle that isn't even really in production anymore would garner a front of the line, stop the presses priority.

You gotta get what sells the most to market first. Basic rule of doing business successfully.

From what I'm told Superlift management really does want to produce a quality S-10 kit, and is working on it, and if it takes time, then let them take the time to get it right, rather than rush it, and have some glaring flaws.

If I'm spending $1600 or more for the kit, I want it to work well, not just get my truck higher off the ground.

I'll get off my soapbox now.
Last edited by adrenalnjunky on Wed Apr 14, 2004 7:36 pm, edited 1 time in total.
[size=75]Thanks, CHRIS
2bunik
Crew Elite
Crew Elite

Post by 2bunik »

:roll: I know it needs to get done right.. just kinda wish there were pictures thats all... :cry:
adrenalnjunky
Crew Elite
Crew Elite

Post by adrenalnjunky »

I wanna say that the superlift guy that posted here said pics can't be released until the kit is patented or whatever.

From a legal standpoint it makes sense, if there were something extremely unique about their design for the S10 that noone else had done, and say, someone from skyjacker, trailmaster, truckin suspension, or any other company happened to be lurking on this board gathering info on us and our likes, in the hopes of possibly making an offering to us, or determining if the S10 was a worthwhile use of time, they could see that design secret, and then run and patent the idea before SL, who has put in all the design time.

All of a sudden now they want SL to pay royalties on "their" design, or sue them for patent infringement. SL has 3 choices:

1. Fight the patent in court. = $$$$$$
2. Pay the royalties = $$$$
3. Say Screw it, and only be out the R&D costs, = $$
and cost of building the prototype.

Gotta be careful how things are done in today's legal-filled marketplace.
[size=75]Thanks, CHRIS
smokinjoe
Crew Elite
Crew Elite

Post by smokinjoe »

i love america, i think im going to go sue someone right now :D
"Aim towards the Enemy." -Instruction printed on US Rocket Launcher
KCustom
Crew Elite
Crew Elite

pictures

Post by KCustom »

I talked to Superlift tonight...The truck will be on the ground tomorrow to start testing. I should have pictures this week. Mike M gave me a great run down of the problems that they ran across during the development. From what he told me tonight this will be the coolist kit ever done. All the stock geomerty will be retained and should have plenty of clerarence for 32 to 33 inch tires. The coolist part is the ride....he told me that it will be as good or better than the stock ride. Front axle angles are going to be straight just like stock. and there is a front skid plate made of Bushed stainless with the Superlift logo.....
2003 Sonoma Crew Cab, Superlift 6", PA 2" BL, KMC XD Enduros, BF Goodrich 315-70-17s, Powerdyne SC, JBA wires,headers and catback, CAI, Crossdrilled & Slotted rotors, Prerunner bar W/ fogs, bed mount spare, Custom rear buckets...
2bunik
Crew Elite
Crew Elite

Post by 2bunik »

:D
adrenalnjunky
Crew Elite
Crew Elite

Post by adrenalnjunky »

Time to start carrying the digicam around in the truck again :-)
[size=75]Thanks, CHRIS
Conman
Crew Elite
Crew Elite

Post by Conman »

Can't wait to see it too. I've been icthie for something and this kit(if it meets my sticking points) is the only thing not swaying me at a new truck right now(avlanche has 4500 in rebates and pricing is around invoice).
Sold: 2002 Chevy S10 Crew Cab ZR5 - Mods: Truxedo Bed Cover, APC and TYC Lights.[/size]
Retep
Crew Elite
Crew Elite

Re: pictures

Post by Retep »

KCustom wrote:Front axle angles are going to be straight just like stock.
I don't know about the rest of you, but my front axle angles are not straight. They are about 8 to 10 degrees form horizontal. Thats without any t-bar crank (yet).

I do like what I hear about this lift. Maybe some day... :bounce: :thumb:

Pete
[size=75][url=http://photobucket.com/albums/v179/retep910/S10/]2002 S10 Ext. Cab 4x4 Indigo Blue[/url]
Extang Black Max Tonneau, Rubber Bed Mat, Vent Visors, Bugflector II, SilverStar headlights, Dark Window Tint, Disabled DRL, Debadged, K&N Filter, Skid Plates, 1.25" Rear Wheel Spacers, Boise 3 aal kit, mild T-bar crank, Dueler A/T Revo[/size]
jarhead
Crew Elite
Crew Elite

Re: pictures

Post by jarhead »

KCustom wrote:I talked to Superlift tonight...The truck will be on the ground tomorrow to start testing. I should have pictures this week. Mike M gave me a great run down of the problems that they ran across during the development. From what he told me tonight this will be the coolist kit ever done. All the stock geomerty will be retained and should have plenty of clerarence for 32 to 33 inch tires. The coolist part is the ride....he told me that it will be as good or better than the stock ride. Front axle angles are going to be straight just like stock. and there is a front skid plate made of Bushed stainless with the Superlift logo.....
:bounce: :bounce: :bounce: :bounce: :bounce: :bounce: :bounce:
That is BAD A$$. The best is the ability to run 33" tires :thumb: I cant wait to see how it looks. oh yea the skid plate sounds pretty sweet too
quickbiker
Crew K Elite
Crew K Elite

Post by quickbiker »

:thumb:
[size=75][url=http://outsideventure.com/s10crew/]01 S10 Crewcab - SAS'd[/url][/size]
Jay-Bird
Crew
Crew

Post by Jay-Bird »

kick arse!! sweet.... 33's will be just right..
Rusty

Post by Rusty »

Well, 33's on the street maybe. Once things start flexing off road, might be a whole nother matter.
Justin
Crew Elite
Crew Elite

Post by Justin »

my truck stays on the street..too expensive to go off-road..thats why i have the atv 8)
[size=75]05 Sierra LLY "Silver Bull"[/size]
jarhead
Crew Elite
Crew Elite

Post by jarhead »

Justin wrote:my truck stays on the street..too expensive to go off-road..thats why i have the atv 8)
SO you never wheel the crew?????
KCustom
Crew Elite
Crew Elite

Post by KCustom »

Here is a portion of the note I got with the pictures of the new Superlift Kit for our trucks.......I just need someone to send the pics to that can post them....

" Bear in mind that these pictures were taken "as soon" as the truck was on the ground.
Bear in mind that the alignment has not been set, the rear height has to be adjusted to match the front.
Shock brackets are to be added Monday and then testing will begin.
You can post these on the forum if you like. I did take precautions to not divulge any bracket design.
I just thought you would like to see how she looks at the new height and with the new W&T's.
I hope you like what you see. Have a great weekend buddy.

SUPERLIFT RULES!!!!!!!
quickbiker
Crew K Elite
Crew K Elite

Post by quickbiker »

I see much mention of pic links but no links, what gives dude? Seems like lotsa teaz'n goin on.
[size=75][url=http://outsideventure.com/s10crew/]01 S10 Crewcab - SAS'd[/url][/size]
KCustom
Crew Elite
Crew Elite

pictures

Post by KCustom »

I sent the pictures of the truck to brule to post them...I can not post on this site.....
KCustom
Crew Elite
Crew Elite

Post by KCustom »

I put the pictures in my album but I do not know how to attach the pictures to the post on this site
quickbiker
Crew K Elite
Crew K Elite

Post by quickbiker »

dag nabbit. Sendem to me, I'll postem. lol
KCustom
Crew Elite
Crew Elite

sent you a pm...

Post by KCustom »

I sent you a PM...
quickbiker
Crew K Elite
Crew K Elite

Post by quickbiker »

k, I sent you pm reply! lol
KCustom
Crew Elite
Crew Elite

sent

Post by KCustom »

The pictures should be in your mailbox....
Conman
Crew Elite
Crew Elite

Post by Conman »

http://www.s-10crewcab.com/coppermine/d ... cat=&pos=1

http://www.s-10crewcab.com/coppermine/d ... cat=&pos=0

Those the pics?

All I can say is that's nice! I did not think it would be that tall. Def. nice but I can see it will rub with that tire combo when offroading.

Congrats!

Con
ludwis
Crew Elite
Crew Elite

Post by ludwis »

Sign me up!!! Those pic's look sweet. When are they going to start shipping this kit? I gotta have it...
2003 S10 Crew 4x4
Mods: 1.5" Front Spacers - GM Valley Hitch - WeatherTech WeatherFlectors - Bilstein Shocks - Boise Spring works 2" rear spring kit - Truxedo Toneau Cover - PopLock tailgate lock - Hypertech Tuning - SKIDS Flares - 2" Body Lift - ZR2 Axle upgrade
quickbiker
Crew K Elite
Crew K Elite

Post by quickbiker »

quickbiker
Crew K Elite
Crew K Elite

Post by quickbiker »

Sweet! :thumb: Can't wait to see the specifics of it.
KCustom
Crew Elite
Crew Elite

pictures

Post by KCustom »

Mike told me that the back will come up a little more and that there is no crank on the T bars, the front end still needs to be lined up. The shocks go on Monday and testing starts as well. Thank Quickbiker for posting the picks
quickbiker
Crew K Elite
Crew K Elite

Post by quickbiker »

Sure! It's nice of them to give some preliminary pics. I know we've all been look'n for some! I don't know why I'm all excited. I guess be great if a company actually came out with an official lift for it. The pics are kinda dark, but in the second pic, I don't see the tbars hang'n. I wonder if there is something to relocate/replace the tbars. If that is the case, then they would have the market for any serious off-roaders! Woohoo!
quickbiker
Crew K Elite
Crew K Elite

Post by quickbiker »

Oh, and those step bars would have to be ditched. That be the first thing that get's ripped off when ya bang some rocks. :lol:
KCustom
Crew Elite
Crew Elite

bars...

Post by KCustom »

I am sure of that...My wife says that they have to stay so that she can get in and out ...LOL
KCustom
Crew Elite
Crew Elite

shocks

Post by KCustom »

The shocks are going to match the side bars as well ( the new Bilsten brushed stainless)
quickbiker
Crew K Elite
Crew K Elite

Post by quickbiker »

Sliders would work for stepping on, escpecially if ya got the straight ones like Hobbie had. Mine sweep up and help my wife a bit, but the straight out ones would do just as good if not better than step bars, IMO.
Jay-Bird
Crew
Crew

Post by Jay-Bird »

SWEET!!! cant wait to see it with my own eyes.. lol
AZS10Crew
Crew K Elite
Crew K Elite

Post by AZS10Crew »

Very nice! :thumb:

Are those 32's or 33's on there? Doesn't look like much room for flex...maybe with a BL you'd be OK for wheeling. Good thing I have a BL already. :mrgreen:

I better start selling this mod to the wife now...that way I'll get "approval" by the time it's released for sale. :P
[size=75]Mark
KCustom
Crew Elite
Crew Elite

tires

Post by KCustom »

Mike told me that the front and rear are not set yet...The front Tbars need to be set and blocked in the back to level it out. My guess it will come up another 1/2 inch in the front and about 1 inch in the rear. The tires that are on the truck in the pictures are 275/70/17s Goodyear Wrangler ATs, according to goodyear they are 32.4 inches tall and should be 10.83 inches wide if I did the math right. I would think that with a little work (like a BL you might even be able to accomodate 35s for limited off road, and for sure wide 33s for serious off roading) The good news is that all stock geometry is retained and they told me that the ride should be as good if not better that the stock ride.
TheBigFitz
Crew
Crew

Post by TheBigFitz »

That is a good looking truck. I might have to consider upgrading to a 2004 once the kit is out?
[size=75]SOLD - 2" BL, BFGR 31x10.50 on American Racing Outlaw II Rims (15x7, 6" BS), 1.25" rear wheel spacers, 1" Torsion Bar Adjustment, Rear add-a-leaf, Westin nerf bars & tail light guards, Genuine Steel grill guard, Tinted Windows, K&N Filter - SOLD

New Ride: 2006 Chevy Silverado SS[/size]
Justin
Crew Elite
Crew Elite

Post by Justin »

I would love to set 35's on but im afraid about our front ifs strength... :?:
Brad
Crew Elite
Crew Elite

Post by Brad »

From one pewter truck owner to another. SWEEET! Where did you get your grille? Mine should look real similar with a 5"TM, 2"BL and 17s.

Brad
Freinds don't let freinds crank torsion bars.
2bunik
Crew Elite
Crew Elite

Post by 2bunik »

:shock: :shock: woo wooo .. hell yeah some good pics.. dang nabit it looks really nice.. lucky you.. wait lucky us. ha ha :lol:
a2b
Mod K Elite
Mod K Elite

Post by a2b »

well if this lift can tuck the tbars in the frame and keep the oem geometry the same. then this lift willl be the one to get...hands down!
[size=75] -HOBIE

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^| ||__\
| ##Budweiser ###### | ||''|"\,__.
|_...__...________ ====| |__|__|...]
"(@)'(@)""""**|(@)(@)******(@)I[/size]
jarhead
Crew Elite
Crew Elite

Post by jarhead »

We got any more pics of the truck yet?
quickbiker
Crew K Elite
Crew K Elite

Post by quickbiker »

jarhead wrote:We got any more pics of the truck yet?
Look up. :roll:
KCustom
Crew Elite
Crew Elite

Grill and Pictures...

Post by KCustom »

First of all Thanks for all the compliments on the truck.....No more pictures yet..I hope to have some soon. The grill on the truck is an SS Street Scene Grill they have them in Chrome Steel and brushed Aluminum. I am really looking forward to seeing it with the Stainless skid plate and the brushed stainless shocks....I will post as soon as I have more pics.
KCustom
Crew Elite
Crew Elite

How do I...

Post by KCustom »

How would I get one of the pictures of my truck set an Avatar?
keithb2077

Post by keithb2077 »

anybody have any idea when the kit is gonna be on the market? im hoping for this summer when i have some time off to install it.
quickbiker
Crew K Elite
Crew K Elite

Re: How do I...

Post by quickbiker »

KCustom wrote:How would I get one of the pictures of my truck set an Avatar?
Just make a small pic and upload it in your profile.
HenryJ
Admin K Elite
Admin K Elite

Re: How do I...

Post by HenryJ »

KCustom wrote:How would I get one of the pictures of my truck set an Avatar?
I helped out a little, you can change it if you want to.

"Speed doesn't kill, suddenly becoming stationary does." - Richard Hammond
"Speed is just a matter of Money - How fast do YOU want to go?"-Mechanic from Mad Max-
If at first you don't succeed - Don't take up Skydiving!
- ThunderII KE7CSK
Justin
Crew Elite
Crew Elite

Post by Justin »

would superlift be interested in a group purchase? Would be nice to install in the summer
mickm
Regular
Regular

Post by mickm »

A brief update on the S-10/Sonoma platform project:

1. Test vehicle is currently undergoing test procedures.
2. Initial ride/handling characteristics are good.
3. Initial system installation, fit and alignment is good.

We are pleased with our evaluation to this point but ,prior to production kits being available, there are several additional required steps that must be completed ie... production prints, assembly jig fixtures, detailed instructions/diagrams, quality control checks and marketing.

I would estimate this kit will be available sometimes this summer.

Respectfully,
MickM
Superlift Engineering
2bunik
Crew Elite
Crew Elite

Post by 2bunik »

I hope so even though I wont afford it till december if I con the wife..
HenryJ
Admin K Elite
Admin K Elite

Post by HenryJ »

mickm wrote:...
We are pleased with our evaluation to this point .... there are several additional required steps ....marketing....
Thanks for the update :thumb:
Hopefully the marketing department knows that the pre-arrival buzz is already out there, and they have a "leg up" here with some customers already waiting in line , from the looks of this thread :D

"Speed doesn't kill, suddenly becoming stationary does." - Richard Hammond
"Speed is just a matter of Money - How fast do YOU want to go?"-Mechanic from Mad Max-
If at first you don't succeed - Don't take up Skydiving!
- ThunderII KE7CSK
KCustom
Crew Elite
Crew Elite

Thank you...

Post by KCustom »

Thank you for putting up my avatar...
BowtieZR5
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

Post by BowtieZR5 »

any new word on that lift yet?
KCustom
Crew Elite
Crew Elite

Word

Post by KCustom »

Just got word today...testing is complete. Superlift will be moving to production very soon. My truck is getting the kit that will stay on the truck as we speak. I will post pictures as soon as it is complete.
Rusty

Re: Word

Post by Rusty »

KCustom wrote:Just got word today...testing is complete. Superlift will be moving to production very soon. My truck is getting the kit that will stay on the truck as we speak. I will post pictures as soon as it is complete.
So if I understand this right, they are taking off all the parts they put on your truck and replacing it with the production kit? Seem like a lot of extra work. not to mention more time you don't have your ride.
KCustom
Crew Elite
Crew Elite

Pattern Kit

Post by KCustom »

The parts that were on the truck are the pattern parts or reference parts...
Its cool that its going to be a couple of more weeks...there is light at the end of the tunnel
robbtodd
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

Post by robbtodd »

I was just about ready to buy a TM 5" lift. I think that I am going to wait for superlift to complete their 6" lift.
KCustom
Crew Elite
Crew Elite

Good call...

Post by KCustom »

I think that you will be very happy with the Superlift kit......