Who has suspension lifts?

Fitting oversize tires, raising and lowering, suspension modifications...

Moderator: F9K9

adrenalnjunky
Crew Elite
Crew Elite

Who has suspension lifts?

Post by adrenalnjunky »

Just curious,

Of all the people on this forum, it seems that only a few have actually done a suspension lift --

Paul with his TM,

Highroller with his Truckin suspension lift

Warn and Badass with their SFA conversions

I can't think of any more -- am I missing some?
[size=75]Thanks, CHRIS
2000 S10 Blazer 4x4 4Dr. -- 2" PA BodyLift, Daystar Shackles, TB Crank, 1.75" Rear wheel spacers, Yakima roofrack, 30" BFG AT's.
1969 VW Bug -- airbagged and in pieces.
1962 VW Karmann ghia -- rusting over in the corner. "That's not a tool--that's a damn brick!"[/size]
a2b
Mod K Elite
Mod K Elite

Post by a2b »

way to keep up..yep thats it
[size=75] -HOBIE

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^| ||__\
| ##Budweiser ###### | ||''|"\,__.
|_...__...________ ====| |__|__|...]
"(@)'(@)""""**|(@)(@)******(@)I[/size]
adrenalnjunky
Crew Elite
Crew Elite

Post by adrenalnjunky »

Just seemed weird that no one else had done a lift yet.
[size=75]Thanks, CHRIS
2000 S10 Blazer 4x4 4Dr. -- 2" PA BodyLift, Daystar Shackles, TB Crank, 1.75" Rear wheel spacers, Yakima roofrack, 30" BFG AT's.
1962 VW Karmann ghia -- rusting over in the corner. "That's not a tool--that's a damn brick!"[/size]
2bunik
Crew Elite
Crew Elite

Post by 2bunik »

do they sell the kit highroller has or was it made just for his truck? price? if you have any idea..
[size=75]TARMAC TRENDZ car club
2003 GMC Zr5 maroon or somethingto it.
Two 10s in a custom box and Pioneer Premier 400w amp, Quad mod,Body lift, bed light.
http://www.tarmactrendz.vze.com/[/size]
HenryJ
Admin K Elite
Admin K Elite

Post by HenryJ »

I'm guessing you don't count the T-bar crank and rear spring lift kit?

"Speed doesn't kill, suddenly becoming stationary does." - Richard Hammond
"Speed is just a matter of Money - How fast do YOU want to go?"-Mechanic from Mad Max-
If at first you don't succeed - Don't take up Skydiving!
- ThunderII KE7CSK
highroller
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

yeah

Post by highroller »

yeah they sell the kit for my truck. its about 1000 dollars without shocks.
Bad_Ass_S10
Crew Elite
Crew Elite

Post by Bad_Ass_S10 »

how hard was the kit to install, I talked to a guy in GA, that had a 5" lift on his crew cab but he got it for an extended cab and made it fit, and there is one here in tampa that has a lift but only seen it once and pasted it on the highway but was in my girls car and I would love to find out? look under it to see what all has to be done to make them fit. I talked to the guys that installed this guys lift and they said it was not fun, had to redo alot of stuff
quickbiker
Crew K Elite
Crew K Elite

Post by quickbiker »

Check out my page link, I have allot of links detailing what I've done. It took a week for me to do, but I like taking my time. And you want it for off roading the tbar relocator is a must with the TM 5" lift. Check it out my www link below.
[size=75][url=http://outsideventure.com/s10crew/]01 S10 Crewcab - SAS'd[/url][/size]
adrenalnjunky
Crew Elite
Crew Elite

Post by adrenalnjunky »

HenryJ wrote:I'm guessing you don't count the T-bar crank and rear spring lift kit?
I was actually talking mor about people who had true kits, or built a kit. I count the shackles / springs and T-Bar as valid mods -- don't get me wrong, but I wondering about people who had gone bigger than that.

I still plan on adding the TM 5 inch and 33's with appropriate stregnthening mods to make the truck last.
[size=75]Thanks, CHRIS
quickbiker
Crew K Elite
Crew K Elite

Post by quickbiker »

adrenalnjunky wrote:
HenryJ wrote:I'm guessing you don't count the T-bar crank and rear spring lift kit?
I was actually talking mor about people who had true kits, or built a kit. I count the shackles / springs and T-Bar as valid mods -- don't get me wrong, but I wondering about people who had gone bigger than that.

I still plan on adding the TM 5 inch and 33's with appropriate stregnthening mods to make the truck last.
Yea, I keep debating on weather to go with 33's when my 31's are gone. Back and forth. I still have probably at least another 10-20k left on my BFG's, them things last forever. I got about 30k on them now. If I do, I will definitely have to do some cutting.
[size=75][url=http://outsideventure.com/s10crew/]01 S10 Crewcab - SAS'd[/url][/size]
adrenalnjunky
Crew Elite
Crew Elite

Post by adrenalnjunky »

are you considering adding the bodylift to your crew to make room instead of cutting?
[size=75]Thanks, CHRIS
quickbiker
Crew K Elite
Crew K Elite

Post by quickbiker »

adrenalnjunky wrote:are you considering adding the bodylift to your crew to make room instead of cutting?
I keep going back and forth with that also. I have so far decided not to, I'd rather cut (I think). My garage is not that tall, kinda shorter than some. I think it's allot of work for the results. I don't want to be any higher than necessary. I like the Crew, cause it seem for equal clearance of other brands of trucks/jeeps, the top of mine sits allot lower. Just look at how low to the floor our seats are, and how well everything underneath is tucked in, I think it's a great design. There are advantages for every disadvantage though it seems. I guess for me, the dissadvantages seem to out weigh the advantages.
Warnoffroad
Crew Elite
Crew Elite

Post by Warnoffroad »

I put on my 5" kit, it wasnt hard, but getting the right parts from TS was a pain.
[size=75]02 ZR5 CC, SFA D44 front, D60 rear, 40" IROKs, np200 2nd t-case. SOLD
05 F-350 CC FX4 Diesel, 7" lift 37" toyos, 14.18 1/4 mile ET[/size]
Dragonmaster
Crew Elite
Crew Elite

Post by Dragonmaster »

quickbiker wrote:
adrenalnjunky wrote:are you considering adding the bodylift to your crew to make room instead of cutting?
I keep going back and forth with that also. I have so far decided not to, I'd rather cut (I think). My garage is not that tall, kinda shorter than some. I think it's allot of work for the results. I don't want to be any higher than necessary. I like the Crew, cause it seem for equal clearance of other brands of trucks/jeeps, the top of mine sits allot lower. Just look at how low to the floor our seats are, and how well everything underneath is tucked in, I think it's a great design. There are advantages for every disadvantage though it seems. I guess for me, the dissadvantages seem to out weigh the advantages.
Have you thought about getting Mike C's (LS1 ZR2 on zr2.com) redesigned flares after trimming? You could probably fit 33's without a lift with them.
[size=75]1 of 6 Wheatland Yellow Sonoma's in Canada

[url=http://www.imagestation.com/album/?id=4290324509]Truck Pics[/url][/size]
Rusty

Post by Rusty »

Dragonmaster wrote:Have you thought about getting Mike C's (LS1 ZR2 on zr2.com) redesigned flares after trimming? You could probably fit 33's without a lift with them.
Flares? What flares? Speak to me! Where are these things?
HenryJ
Admin K Elite
Admin K Elite

Post by HenryJ »

GaryH wrote:Flares? What flares? Speak to me! Where are these things?
LS1 Flares
Watch here for further developments : Diversified Creations

"Speed is just a matter of Money - How fast do YOU want to go?"-Mechanic from Mad Max-
- ThunderII KE7CSK
Rusty

Post by Rusty »

Nice. Considering how they bolt on though, it's a safe bet we would need rear flares specifically for our trucks since I doubt these could be modified ala HenryJ style. I wonder if he would be willing to make up some for us.
HenryJ
Admin K Elite
Admin K Elite

Post by HenryJ »

GaryH wrote:Nice. Considering how they bolt on though, it's a safe bet we would need rear flares specifically for our trucks since I doubt these could be modified ala HenryJ style. I wonder if he would be willing to make up some for us.
I'm with you modification of the rears would probably not work.
The amount of cutting required is , a little breath taking also.

I can't imagine why he would want to develop flares for the crew. Limited numbers, even more limited number who would be willing to do that much cutting. It would be nice though.

- ThunderII KE7CSK
Rusty

Post by Rusty »

This is why I bought that old S-10 Blazer I got a while back. With the fender rust, who cares how much I have to hack it up to get tires under it? Well, within reason, anyway. I do have some pride! I know I can get "cut-out" flares for it which will not only allow 31's with no other mods, it will also "fix" the rust around the rear fender openings!
quickbiker
Crew K Elite
Crew K Elite

Post by quickbiker »

Dragonmaster wrote:Have you thought about getting Mike C's (LS1 ZR2 on zr2.com) redesigned flares after trimming? You could probably fit 33's without a lift with them.
I've seen that link before. That a bit pricey for me. And if I go with 33's, I'm still gonna stick with my stock wheel/spacer setup cause I'll stay with 10.5" width and I won't stick out anymore than I am now. Then I'll just cut and use fiberglass putty to round it up. That is what I am thinking for now anyhow.
2bunik
Crew Elite
Crew Elite

Post by 2bunik »

Check out my page link, I have allot of links detailing what I've done. It took a week for me to do, but I like taking my time. And you want it for off roading the tbar relocator is a must with the TM 5" lift. Check it out my www link below.
Very Informative ..so you have the 1983-99 kit.? am I correct on this. I really dont know what I will get when I get back. I just want to make sure I get the info before I head out so I ponder while I am gone.. Oh and how much over $1,000 was it w/ shocks. I dont want to add the tires and spacers into the price yet.. I will let the wife find that out after I get the lift. :evil:

HIGHROLLER and WARN DID YOU GET THE SAME KIT? 83-99
thanxs guys.
I used to be they guy who droped cars.(ITS CHEAPER :P )
[size=75]TARMAC TRENDZ car club
2003 GMC Zr5 maroon or somethingto it.
Two 10s in a custom box and Pioneer Premier 400w amp, Quad mod,Body lift, bed light.
http://www.tarmactrendz.vze.com/[/size]
Warnoffroad
Crew Elite
Crew Elite

Post by Warnoffroad »

2bunik wrote:
Very Informative ..so you have the 1983-99 kit.? am I correct on this. I really dont know what I will get when I get back. I just want to make sure I get the info before I head out so I ponder while I am gone.. Oh and how much over $1,000 was it w/ shocks. I dont want to add the tires and spacers into the price yet.. I will let the wife find that out after I get the lift. :evil:

HIGHROLLER and WARN DID YOU GET THE SAME KIT? 83-99
thanxs guys.
I used to be they guy who droped cars.(ITS CHEAPER :P )
no, I got the 5, and he got the 7. but they are both from TS
Warnoffroad
Crew Elite
Crew Elite

Post by Warnoffroad »

GaryH wrote:Nice. Considering how they bolt on though, it's a safe bet we would need rear flares specifically for our trucks since I doubt these could be modified ala HenryJ style. I wonder if he would be willing to make up some for us.
I talked to him a while back about getting the rear to work, and we thought that using the front flares for the rear should get the job done
HenryJ
Admin K Elite
Admin K Elite

Post by HenryJ »

Warnoffroad wrote:
GaryH wrote: I talked to him a while back about getting the rear to work, and we thought that using the front flares for the rear should get the job done
:lol: Not EVEN going to be that easy :lol:
The lower part would work where it comes close to the bed (if reversed) , but the Isuzu fender bulge and body lines would be "hair pullers" and mean a complete re-design.

- ThunderII KE7CSK
Rusty

Post by Rusty »

HenryJ wrote:
Warnoffroad wrote: I talked to him a while back about getting the rear to work, and we thought that using the front flares for the rear should get the job done
The lower part would work where it comes close to the bed (if reversed) , but the Isuzu fender bulge and body lines would be "hair pullers" and mean a complete re-design.
If I were really hell bent on installing these things, I would take my truck to a good body shop and have them graft real S-10 quarter panels to the bed in place of the Isuzu ones and then put the flares on but obviously that is a bit much just for the tire clearance! Then again, if you are going to start cutting things up anyway....
AZS10Crew
Crew K Elite
Crew K Elite

Post by AZS10Crew »

GaryH wrote:
HenryJ wrote:
Warnoffroad wrote: I talked to him a while back about getting the rear to work, and we thought that using the front flares for the rear should get the job done
If I were really hell bent on installing these things, I would take my truck to a good body shop and have them graft real S-10 quarter panels to the bed in place of the Isuzu ones and then put the flares on but obviously that is a bit much just for the tire clearance! Then again, if you are going to start cutting things up anyway....
Might as well do fiberglass fenders all around at that point. :D
[size=75]Mark
[b][i][color=red]2004 Dodge Ram 1500 4x4 Quad Cab[/color][/i][/b]
[b][color=blue]"There are no stupid questions, just stupid people."[/color][/b][/size]
Rusty

Post by Rusty »

That was kinda my point. Any body mods on our trucks to fit bigger tires is going to border on the extreme as far as cost and amount of effort. It seems to be either a lift kit and moderate tires or just build something else, which is the route I'm taking. I'm actually considering lowering my Crew, some nice 16 or 17 inch wheels with decent 40 series tires, adding a rear swaybar and call it a street truck. Then I'll just go nuts on my Blazer instead.
quickbiker
Crew K Elite
Crew K Elite

Post by quickbiker »

GaryH wrote:That was kinda my point. Any body mods on our trucks to fit bigger tires is going to border on the extreme as far as cost and amount of effort. It seems to be either a lift kit and moderate tires or just build something else, which is the route I'm taking. I'm actually considering lowering my Crew, some nice 16 or 17 inch wheels with decent 40 series tires, adding a rear swaybar and call it a street truck. Then I'll just go nuts on my Blazer instead.
Awe, just get out the sawzall, no biggy. :evil:
AZS10Crew
Crew K Elite
Crew K Elite

Post by AZS10Crew »

quickbiker wrote:
GaryH wrote:That was kinda my point. Any body mods on our trucks to fit bigger tires is going to border on the extreme as far as cost and amount of effort. It seems to be either a lift kit and moderate tires or just build something else, which is the route I'm taking. I'm actually considering lowering my Crew, some nice 16 or 17 inch wheels with decent 40 series tires, adding a rear swaybar and call it a street truck. Then I'll just go nuts on my Blazer instead.
You first. :mrgreen:
[size=75]Mark
[b][i][color=red]2004 Dodge Ram 1500 4x4 Quad Cab[/color][/i][/b]
[b][color=blue]"There are no stupid questions, just stupid people."[/color][/b][/size]
Rusty

Post by Rusty »

AZS10Crew wrote:
quickbiker wrote:
You first. :mrgreen:
Yeah, what he said! :lol:
quickbiker
Crew K Elite
Crew K Elite

Post by quickbiker »

I will as soon as my tires wear out! :lol:
Rusty

Post by Rusty »

quickbiker wrote:I will as soon as my tires wear out! :lol:
Can I watch? Huh, huh, can I? :bounce:
quickbiker
Crew K Elite
Crew K Elite

Post by quickbiker »

GaryH wrote:
Sure! I'll let ya know when I do it. I'm figuring some time next year, maybe spring time.
Warnoffroad
Crew Elite
Crew Elite

Post by Warnoffroad »

quickbiker wrote:
GaryH wrote:
Sure! I'll let ya know when I do it. I'm figuring some time next year, maybe spring time.
QB are you serious, or just messin around?
quickbiker
Crew K Elite
Crew K Elite

Post by quickbiker »

Yea, I'm serious, why? I see yours was chopped up a bit also, what's the biggy? :?
Warnoffroad
Crew Elite
Crew Elite

Post by Warnoffroad »

quickbiker wrote:Yea, I'm serious, why? I see yours was chopped up a bit also, what's the biggy? :?
Im just wondering because if you can get ehm to work on yours im up for a set too. then ill be able to clear 44" boggers 8)
quickbiker
Crew K Elite
Crew K Elite

Post by quickbiker »

I'm not doing the flares, just cut'n.
Warnoffroad
Crew Elite
Crew Elite

Post by Warnoffroad »

quickbiker wrote:I'm not doing the flares, just cut'n.
oh, ok. Ive head that cherokee fender cut-outs by bushwacker fit near perfectly. maybe u could finish it all with them
Rusty

Post by Rusty »

I just had this really ugly picture pop into my mind. :shock:
quickbiker
Crew K Elite
Crew K Elite

Post by quickbiker »

GaryH wrote:
Yea, I may not want anyone to witness it till I have it all patched up. :lol:
Rusty

Post by Rusty »

quickbiker wrote:
GaryH wrote:
When I do the cutouts on my Blazer, it will be really easy. All I have to do is start beating around the edge with a hammer and all the parts to be cut will just flake away! :lol:
Warnoffroad
Crew Elite
Crew Elite

Post by Warnoffroad »

GaryH wrote:
quickbiker wrote:
GaryH wrote: I just had this really ugly picture pop into my mind. :shock:
When I do the cutouts on my Blazer, it will be really easy. All I have to do is start beating around the edge with a hammer and all the parts to be cut will just flake away! :lol:
:lol: :lol: :lol:
Rusty

Post by Rusty »

Hey, rust can be a good thing! :lol: