New Shocks

Anything related to the stock drivetrain, engine, transmission, axles, wheels...

Moderator: F9K9

Azreloader
Regular
Regular

New Shocks

Post by Azreloader »

OK, new product question time. Has anyone heard, seen or otherwise gained any information on the new odd road shocks from Gabriel? :?:

They're called Max Control and they are a Gas/Hydraulic hybrid for maximum comfort on road and extra control off road.

My truck just turned a year old so I thought I'd get it some new shocks! :lol:
In Arizona, a DieHard ain't a battery....it's a Duck Hunter!
a2b
Mod K Elite
Mod K Elite

Post by a2b »

nope
[size=75] -HOBIE

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^| ||__\
| ##Budweiser ###### | ||''|"\,__.
|_...__...________ ====| |__|__|...]
"(@)'(@)""""**|(@)(@)******(@)I[/size]
HenryJ
Admin K Elite
Admin K Elite

Post by HenryJ »

We have lots of odd roads around here ;) didn't know there was a shock specifically designed for them.

The Gabriel Shocks Look pretty good, but I couldn't find any design specs that included the piston valving.

The monotube design has improved cooling characteristics, and gas charging does allow for better response. The boot is a good idea to prevent dirt and damage to the piston rod and seal.

With the rebate they are $10 each cheaper than the Bilsteins

The old Gabriel Hijackers are the only ones I have had any experience with and they were OK , but shock tech. has come a long way since then.

Any shock will be a improvement over stock.

Personally I would spend the extra for a set of Bilsteins (truly a lifetime shock) but those do look better than some of the other shocks on the market.

"Speed doesn't kill, suddenly becoming stationary does." - Richard Hammond
"Speed is just a matter of Money - How fast do YOU want to go?"-Mechanic from Mad Max-
If at first you don't succeed - Don't take up Skydiving!
- ThunderII KE7CSK
Rusty

Post by Rusty »

HenryJ wrote:We have lots of odd roads around here ;) didn't know there was a shock specifically designed for them.

The Gabriel Shocks Look pretty good, but I couldn't find any design specs that included the piston valving.

The monotube design has improved cooling characteristics, and gas charging does allow for better response. The boot is a good idea to prevent dirt and damage to the piston rod and seal.

With the rebate they are $10 each cheaper than the Bilsteins

The old Gabriel Hijackers are the only ones I have had any experience with and they were OK , but shock tech. has come a long way since then.

Any shock will be a improvement over stock.

Personally I would spend the extra for a set of Bilsteins (truly a lifetime shock) but those do look better than some of the other shocks on the market.

Gabriel Hijackers? Did the car you had those on also have an 8-Track by chance? :lol:
HenryJ
Admin K Elite
Admin K Elite

Post by HenryJ »

GaryH wrote:Gabriel Hijackers? Did the car you had those on also have an 8-Track by chance? :lol:
Yes, it did as a matter of fact ;) and AM/FM stereo sound :lol:

Oops! I'm dating myself again :shock:

"Speed doesn't kill, suddenly becoming stationary does." - Richard Hammond
"Speed is just a matter of Money - How fast do YOU want to go?"-Mechanic from Mad Max-
If at first you don't succeed - Don't take up Skydiving!
- ThunderII KE7CSK
Rusty

Post by Rusty »

HenryJ wrote:
GaryH wrote:Gabriel Hijackers? Did the car you had those on also have an 8-Track by chance? :lol:
Yes, it did as a matter of fact ;) and AM/FM stereo sound :lol:

Oops! I'm dating myself again :shock:

That's Ok, I have a Victrola upstairs!
Azreloader
Regular
Regular

Hijackers!

Post by Azreloader »

I had Hijackers too.......on my 65 Malibu SS!!!!! :wink:

and yes an 8-Track player too! :roflmao:
In Arizona, a DieHard ain't a battery....it's a Duck Hunter!
Rusty

Post by Rusty »

Come to think of it, I don't know that I ever had an 8-Track. Whoops, yes I did. It was hung under the dash of my '63 Impala SS 409. :evil:

Couldn't afford Hijackers though.
Rusty

Post by Rusty »

Oh, and allow me to try to get the subject back on topic. I took my truck on it's first real off road outting and have determined that my stock OEM shocks are completely trash at 30k miles. Any resonably inexpensive suggestions? I figure I'll probably get a lift kit this summer and it'll probably come with shocks (or do they?) so I'm debating on just holding off or buying something cheap for the interim.
Crew02
Crew
Crew

Post by Crew02 »

I had a 69 Mustang with Highjackers, Sticker on the window. Also had Big Boss tires on the rear!
[size=75]2002 Crewcab - Best Mod XM Radio, 2" Body Lift, 30 X 9.5 BFG Long Trail, Factory Locker, T-Bar Crank , Rear Shackles. ORI PreRunner Bar, Hella 500 Lights.
1990 Jeep Wrangler, ARB lockers front/Rear, Winches Front/rear,4" suspension Lift, 2" body lift, 35" BFG Mud TA's, Geared 4:56.
Amateur Radio Operator KC4-IKR[/size]