Slow take off * solved (water in cap)

Anything related to the stock drivetrain, engine, transmission, axles, wheels...

Moderator: F9K9

groceryman
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

Slow take off * solved (water in cap)

Post by groceryman »

Hey guys last two or three days when i take off its like the truck is holding back on power or almost skipping .until it changes into second gear almost like the exhaust is gruggling after you get up to speed its fine any ideas. Just had a tune up 3months ago.Its a 2002 with aflowmaster muffler. Thanks
gocntry
Crew Elite
Crew Elite

Post by gocntry »

The Crew Is Gone, Now I Have A Hoe
HenryJ
Admin K Elite
Admin K Elite

Post by HenryJ »

Might be worth a read. ^ Similar symptoms?

"Speed doesn't kill, suddenly becoming stationary does." - Richard Hammond
"Speed is just a matter of Money - How fast do YOU want to go?"-Mechanic from Mad Max-
If at first you don't succeed - Don't take up Skydiving!
- ThunderII KE7CSK
roadrunner
Crew K Elite
Crew K Elite

Post by roadrunner »

Before jumping to conclusions here. Are you sure you are indeed in low gear on each start-out? I had a similar problem with my 01. Turned out to be a cpu failure. Was NOT going into low gear each time I stopped. Got progressively worse until I had to manually shift each gear. I had my wait4me computer on hand so installed it and did the crank position relearn and no more problem. Just my .02 worth.
2001 CC LS, pewter, stock, 4.3,Wait4meperformance, CFM throttle blade, Helix throttle body spacer, 4spd auto, 3button electric 4x4 shift, heavy duty factory suspension, Bilsteins, 1" rear wheel spacers, skid plates.
PGH04ZR5
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

Post by PGH04ZR5 »

my CC is acting the same way. At takeoff it bogs down until the shift. I haven't checked the pre cat, would like to, but am new to the CC and am still reading up on it.

RoadRunner: what all did the crank relearn and such that fixed your problem intale? As always, have more reading to do...
HenryJ
Admin K Elite
Admin K Elite

Post by HenryJ »

You're sure it is not just the torque reduction you are feeling? That can sometimes be more noticeable when cold.
Worsening symptoms when it is warm would be something related to a plugging cat.

"Speed doesn't kill, suddenly becoming stationary does." - Richard Hammond
"Speed is just a matter of Money - How fast do YOU want to go?"-Mechanic from Mad Max-
If at first you don't succeed - Don't take up Skydiving!
- ThunderII KE7CSK
PGH04ZR5
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

Post by PGH04ZR5 »

I had an extra moment today so I decided to look everything over and retighten the KN. Found a spark plug wire popped off on the passenager side middle. It did run alittle better hitt'n on all 6 but it was a short hop to the gym. I dont remember the last time I looked around under the hood since i haven't been putting a lot of miles on, could have been that way for alittle while. :-(

I should see an increase in mileage now i would hope, I cant take much more of this 15 MPG highway...
raven2510
Crew Elite
Crew Elite

Post by raven2510 »

could also be caused by water in the cap/rotor. since he had it changed not to long ago its a possibility
1999 Chevy S10 ZR2
roadrunner
Crew K Elite
Crew K Elite

Post by roadrunner »

RoadRunner: what all did the crank relearn and such that fixed your problem intale? As always, have more reading to do...

Read carefully above. I was not implying the crank-position-relearn fixed my problem. It is simply necessary when installing a new pcm such as the wait4meperformance I installed. Without this procedure being done after pcm replacement as I did the SES light will come on repeatedly and show multiple misfire codes. 8)

I replaced my pcm for performance reasons too but mainly to correct pcm-caused transmission shift problems I was experiencing at the time. 8)
2001 CC LS, pewter, stock, 4.3,Wait4meperformance, CFM throttle blade, Helix throttle body spacer, 4spd auto, 3button electric 4x4 shift, heavy duty factory suspension, Bilsteins, 1" rear wheel spacers, skid plates.
groceryman
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

Post by groceryman »

Yep it was water in rotor cap all is fine now thanks everyone.