synergy offroad wheel bearings

Anything related to the stock drivetrain, engine, transmission, axles, wheels...

Moderator: F9K9

rjd104crew

synergy offroad wheel bearings

Post by rjd104crew »

This is my first 4x4 ever owning, so I am new to alot of these 4x4 parts. My front right bearings are totally shot. I am going to order a set from synergy. I am assuming that the studs are on the new hub :oops: , already right? I have everything to do the work except the 36mm deep socket, will pick one up in the next couple of days. I am going to change both sides, I just figure thats the best way to go. The truck has 71,000 on it so. Thanks for any and all help in advance :)
04crewvt
Crew K Elite
Crew K Elite

Post by 04crewvt »

I just got these in and installed myself. Yes they have the studs and they fit and work great. If you haven't yet, pick up some sea foam deep creep and start spraying those axle nuts and the fasteners for the calipers, it will make your life a lot easier. I found that the cheap socket I got from Advance Auto (Parts America) did not fit the socket well best to buy a good one so as not to round of the axle nuts, also you are going to want a big breaker bar handy. The axle nuts are torqued to 200lb/ft and can be a bear to get off. If you need any other tips let us know. BTW it's a good time to inspect, clean and re grease the caliper slide pins while you are in there.
[size=75]Why does the universe decree that if you have all the time in the world to work on projects you have no money and vice versa?
Green 2004 ZR-5 w/ too much to list here: http://www.cardomain.com/ride/2296465[/size]
rjd104crew

Post by rjd104crew »

Hey thanks for reminding me to get some of that great sea foam deep creep. I love that stuff. I was also looking at the synergy website and didn't see anything on a warranty. I know they will last more than the usual 1 yr. you get anywhere else anyway. Where can I get one of the 6 " synergy offroad logo decals? They must be out because I could not add one to my shopping cart.
DLP
Crew Elite
Crew Elite

Post by DLP »

Just did mine a couple weeks ago. I forgot to pull the hub nut until after I took the tires and brakes off. Ended uo using a spade shovel across two of the studs and a braker bar with a piece of pipe. Turned out pretty easy. I had 110,000 miles on it.
[size=75][b][color=blue]2003 Blue Crewcab[/b][/color][/size]
F9K9
Mod K Elite
Mod K Elite

Post by F9K9 »

DLP wrote:..........................Ended uo using a spade shovel across two of the studs and a braker bar with a piece of pipe...........
That is certainly one of the best solutions that I have heard in awhile. I wished that you had taken pics. Would have been sweet to post in the Heep forums :wink:
[size=75][b]"For those who have fought for it, [i][color=red]FR[/color][color=white]EE[/color][color=blue]DOM[/color][/i] has a taste that the protected will never know."
[url=http://www.naxja.org/forum/showthread.php?t=73349]GUIDE TO SEARCHING. [i] (Some of the forum software is different but, it has helped me a lot.)[/i][/url][/b]
[b]"Those who don't know history are destined to repeat it." Edmund Burke[/b][/size]
04crewvt
Crew K Elite
Crew K Elite

Post by 04crewvt »

Stickers have been out of stock for a while Jigg was trying to get more soon. My issue at 56K was I live in the rust belt, 4 years and the axle nuts were nearly impossible to remove. I ended up having to a shop break loose the passenger side. 1 Year warranty but at less than half the cost of most replacements for great quality.
[size=75]Why does the universe decree that if you have all the time in the world to work on projects you have no money and vice versa?
Green 2004 ZR-5 w/ too much to list here: http://www.cardomain.com/ride/2296465[/size]
F9K9
Mod K Elite
Mod K Elite

Post by F9K9 »

04crewvt wrote:............................I live in the rust belt, 4 years and the axle nuts were nearly impossible to remove. I ended up having to a shop break loose the passenger side.................................
Dealing with most rigs in the rust areas might be equal to messing with heeps in any climate. Rule of thumb is to soak the crap daily for "AT LEAST" a week with PB Blaster or my preference" Sea Foam Deep Creep". Knowing you Brian you probably had a 1 in a million axle nut. :wink:
[size=75][b]"For those who have fought for it, [i][color=red]FR[/color][color=white]EE[/color][color=blue]DOM[/color][/i] has a taste that the protected will never know."
[url=http://www.naxja.org/forum/showthread.php?t=73349]GUIDE TO SEARCHING. [i] (Some of the forum software is different but, it has helped me a lot.)[/i][/url][/b]
[b]"Those who don't know history are destined to repeat it." Edmund Burke[/b][/size]
kwalsh
Crew Elite
Crew Elite

Post by kwalsh »

I've started the soak with the Sea Foam; next week I'll be changing the bearings.

What direction is the thread on the axle nuts?

Thanks
[size=75]"Pain = weakness leaving the body."[/size]
F9K9
Mod K Elite
Mod K Elite

Post by F9K9 »

Lefty loosey
kwalsh
Crew Elite
Crew Elite

Post by kwalsh »

Thanks. That's what I assumed....
[size=75]"Pain = weakness leaving the body."[/size]
LUVMY02CREW
Crew
Crew

Post by LUVMY02CREW »

Had to get my front bearings replaced earlier this week. Got them in from synergy offraod and had local guy take care of them. Didn't have enough time/energy/willpower to wait for the weekend to do them myself. The bearings were getting really loud and abs light coming on and brakes shaking/pulsing bad when applied hard.

Plus, I had borrowed mother-in-law's VERY LITTLE Mazda Miata to drive for a few days, so I wanted my cc back on road. That little bugger was such a pain to get in and out of, but really fun to drive with the stick shift. 8)

The truck is so much quiter now, radio doesn't have to be so loud now :lol:
[size=75]ALWAYS pray for and expect the best, but be prepared for the worst! Life seems to operate a little smoother for me this way[/size]