So I finally got my tune up .. but what is this orange plug?

Anything related to the stock drivetrain, engine, transmission, axles, wheels...

Moderator: F9K9

Blaze One
Crew Elite
Crew Elite

So I finally got my tune up .. but what is this orange plug?

Post by Blaze One »

I just got my truck back from getting a much needed tune up . But I realized that there is this 3 holed orange plug sticking out behind my driverside front wheel area . See pic below , anyways , from what i can tell , it is attached in the engine compartment to the Optional Block Heater cord ( looks like a extension cord ) , but i may be mistaken .
Does anyone know what this is ? or is it supposed to be unplugged ?
I am taking it back to the garge tomorow , but just thought i could save some time if i can put it back myself . But i can see where it would go .

Orange Plug Pics

http://www3.telus.net/public/a6a60430/IMG_0196_2.JPG

http://www3.telus.net/public/a6a60430/IMG_0195.JPG
[size=75]1995 Chevy Blazer 2dr 4x4 Limited Edition [/size]
HenryJ
Admin K Elite
Admin K Elite

Post by HenryJ »

Yes, that is the freeze plug engine heater cord.
Lift that flap and look at the side of the block, underneath and below the exhaust manifold. You should be able to see the freeze plug and where to plug it back in.

"Speed doesn't kill, suddenly becoming stationary does." - Richard Hammond
"Speed is just a matter of Money - How fast do YOU want to go?"-Mechanic from Mad Max-
If at first you don't succeed - Don't take up Skydiving!
- ThunderII KE7CSK
BADs Crew
Crew Elite
Crew Elite

Post by BADs Crew »

Make sure that the wire harness with the silver heat tape doesn't get pushed into the manifold. It will put your crew on a tow truck. It happen to me. :x

[size=75]2001 S-10 Crew , A.R.E Cap, Limo tint windows, Halogen Back up lights. Bilstein Shocks, 1.5 Rear Spacers, Summit Rear Diff Cover Clear Bumper Lights, Carbon Altezza Tail Lights, Billet Grill. SS Step Bars. GM full front bra. ,,, GM Quote concerning the gurgling heater core " They all sound like that"[/size]