4.3 Vortec

Anything related to the stock drivetrain, engine, transmission, axles, wheels...

Moderator: F9K9

BADs Crew
Crew Elite
Crew Elite

4.3 Vortec

Post by BADs Crew »

I had the 95 Blazer at the shop today for a look over. We changed the fuel filter , air filter and thermostat, The running temp was only like 150 degrees when I took it in and I thought this my cause the engine to have this little roughness that has been happening. My mechanic told me that it may be caused by what he called the spider under the intake. He said it looks like a spider but it is a group of hoses that have something to do with fuel delivery. Does anyone know of this part and is this a common problem?
[size=75]2001 S-10 Crew , A.R.E Cap, Limo tint windows, Halogen Back up lights. Bilstein Shocks, 1.5 Rear Spacers, Summit Rear Diff Cover Clear Bumper Lights, Carbon Altezza Tail Lights, Billet Grill. SS Step Bars. GM full front bra. ,,, GM Quote concerning the gurgling heater core " They all sound like that"[/size]
HenryJ
Admin K Elite
Admin K Elite

Post by HenryJ »

"Speed doesn't kill, suddenly becoming stationary does." - Richard Hammond
"Speed is just a matter of Money - How fast do YOU want to go?"-Mechanic from Mad Max-
If at first you don't succeed - Don't take up Skydiving!
- ThunderII KE7CSK
04crewvt
Crew K Elite
Crew K Elite

Post by 04crewvt »

My 95 blazer had that replaced by the previous owner. It is a common problem with that years motor from what I have heard. Repair bill was around $550 to replace unit.
[size=75]Why does the universe decree that if you have all the time in the world to work on projects you have no money and vice versa?
Green 2004 ZR-5 w/ too much to list here: http://www.cardomain.com/ride/2296465[/size]
BADs Crew
Crew Elite
Crew Elite

Post by BADs Crew »

$550.00 !!!! My shop told me 3hrs. Thats $200 plus part. I hope that part doesn't cost $350.00
[size=75]2001 S-10 Crew , A.R.E Cap, Limo tint windows, Halogen Back up lights. Bilstein Shocks, 1.5 Rear Spacers, Summit Rear Diff Cover Clear Bumper Lights, Carbon Altezza Tail Lights, Billet Grill. SS Step Bars. GM full front bra. ,,, GM Quote concerning the gurgling heater core " They all sound like that"[/size]
04crewvt
Crew K Elite
Crew K Elite

Post by 04crewvt »

I'm afraid that's about what it ran, at least around here. We do seem to pay a bit more for everything around here so hopefully you will be able to get parts for a bit less. Let us know what they say when they get it apart.
[size=75]Why does the universe decree that if you have all the time in the world to work on projects you have no money and vice versa?
Green 2004 ZR-5 w/ too much to list here: http://www.cardomain.com/ride/2296465[/size]
04crewvt
Crew K Elite
Crew K Elite

Post by 04crewvt »

LMC catalog Part #29-3835 fuel injector assembly $369.95 Part #29-3352 fuel line set-manifold $49.95.
My Blazer had both replaced =$420 parts plus $130 labor minus any discount for parts the garage had comes right in at the $550.00 mark. Hopefully you will only need the fuel line set. I do not think you can get just the Spider without getting the entire injector assembly :cry: :cry:
Here is a remanufactured set I found on E-Bay but you do have to watch out for the 95 Blazers as they changed from OBD 1 to OBD2 in mid year, mine was a 95 with OBD2 harness so it is not a 95 or a 96 but a 95 1/5 all parts for that are more money since they made radical changes to the injection and distributer system for the production 96's
95 Blazer spider
96 Blazer spider assembly
BADs Crew
Crew Elite
Crew Elite

Post by BADs Crew »

Cool ... Thanks for taking the time to post the information. I will have to run the numbers on my truck at the dealer to see which one is in my truck. I would need to have the part on hand so the Blazer isn't sitting in the shop while I wait for delivery of the part.
04crewvt
Crew K Elite
Crew K Elite

Post by 04crewvt »

No problem. I just hope you have the early year model. On the up side the 95 1/5 4.3 I had had 243,000 miles on it and it was still going strong when I traded it in for the crew. I found out mine was the newer 95 when I plugged in the auto x-ray scanner and had to tell it it was hooked to a 96 and used the obd2 not the obd 1 cable.