Brand of Encoder Motor/Transfer Case Motor

Anything related to the stock drivetrain, engine, transmission, axles, wheels...

Moderator: F9K9

blks10
Crew
Crew

Brand of Encoder Motor/Transfer Case Motor

Post by blks10 »

I know a lot of you have replaced yours before, now it is time to replace mine. I was just wondering what brands you went with, why, and how they are working for you. Thanks a lot!!
roadrunner
Crew K Elite
Crew K Elite

Post by roadrunner »

Currently running a re-man (don't remember brand) from northern auto parts. Have a new Dorman waiting in the wings just in case. Thought I was going to need one till I found bad indicator switch on front axle. End result no problems with re-man unit after 2 yrs+. Going to hang onto new unit though. Cheap insurance if it keeps the other one going plus when I need 4x4 I really NEED it.
2001 CC LS, pewter, stock, 4.3,Wait4meperformance, CFM throttle blade, Helix throttle body spacer, 4spd auto, 3button electric 4x4 shift, heavy duty factory suspension, Bilsteins, 1" rear wheel spacers, skid plates.
BobbleSmitty
Crew Elite
Crew Elite

Post by BobbleSmitty »

Mine was replaced under warranty after the first year. So I'm going on just over 3 years with the replacement from the dealership with no issues.
[size=75]2004 S-10 Crew Cab ZR5 -*SOLD*-2" PA Body Lift - Air Shocks - 30x9.5" Cooper Discoverer S/T tires - 1.25" Rear Spacers - Clear Bumper Lights - Westin Safari - Light Bar w/ 100watt 6" Lights - Custom Stainless Steel V-force Dual Exhaust w/ 3" Black Chrome Slash Cut Tips - CB radio w/ 100watt PA speaker - Alpine MP3/CD Player - 10" JL Sub w/ 300watt amp - Low Profile - 'TonneauMasters' Tonneau Cover - In-channel Vent Visors - Airbox mod - Custom Front Tow Hooks - Debadged [/size]