abs kicks in at low speed

Anything related to the stock drivetrain, engine, transmission, axles, wheels...

Moderator: F9K9

geezer

abs kicks in at low speed

Post by geezer »

The wires on one of the front abs wheel sensors busted and there was no way to repair it so a mechanic buddy of mine gave me a new sensor I spliced it in and everything fit well. However, now when braking and traveling at low speeds between 10-5 mph the abs kicks in. Not sure what's going on. Any help appreciated. Thanks.
04crewvt
Crew K Elite
Crew K Elite

Post by 04crewvt »

First check to make sure the splice is good I would solder it if it's not second was the sensor from another S-10 or a different vehicle? the wrong sensor could be the problem, also if the sensor had any dirt or corrosion on it it could cause an issue. If it continues a new hub with sensor can be gotten from Synergy Offroad for a great price and it includes the new sensor.
[size=75]Why does the universe decree that if you have all the time in the world to work on projects you have no money and vice versa?
Green 2004 ZR-5 w/ too much to list here: http://www.cardomain.com/ride/2296465[/size]
green02crew
Crew Elite
Crew Elite

Post by green02crew »

I have never been a fan of our ABS. The ABS in the Silverados have been known to fail. Some ABS is really quality, I feel ours has some work to be desired. Sorry I know that does not help your issue. But it could be related. On our old Silverado it was the computer running the ABS that had failed I believe. It would come on in dry pavement conditions under mild braking preventing you from coming to a stop. Very safe.
2002 S-10 Crew Cab
Too Many Mods Check the Readers Rides Page