problem with 4x4

Anything related to the stock drivetrain, engine, transmission, axles, wheels...

Moderator: F9K9

sonoma
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

problem with 4x4

Post by sonoma »

through it into 4 wheel drive for the first time in a while and got stuck in 4 hi
tried numerous times to get back into two....all i would get was the flashing light in 2hi and a clicking sound from underneath the truck.Some how it got into 2 all by itself but now my 4x4 buttons do not light up when i crank the truck over....all three lights come on when starting the truck up than go off when the truck has started....any ideas??????
green02crew
Crew Elite
Crew Elite

Post by green02crew »

Pull the fuse for it by the drivers door, the one labeled courtesy lamp, wait a few mins, plug it back in and try to hold the 2hi button down until it goes in. Use your 4x4 more often that seems to help me, even if you don't need it just click it in and out especially if you live in salty areas.
2002 S-10 Crew Cab
Too Many Mods Check the Readers Rides Page
sonoma
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

Post by sonoma »

pulled the fuse out and put it back in and the buttons now function properly
hit the 4 high button and now is stuck in that position again and wont go back in 2....keep getting the flashing light and a sound coming from under the truck
green02crew
Crew Elite
Crew Elite

Post by green02crew »

Could be the encoder motor? There are a LOT of threads on that issue, I actually had one similar only it wouldn't go into 4hi.
2002 S-10 Crew Cab
Too Many Mods Check the Readers Rides Page