Problem with our Blazer

Anything related to the stock drivetrain, engine, transmission, axles, wheels...

Moderator: F9K9

BADs Crew
Crew Elite
Crew Elite

Problem with our Blazer

Post by BADs Crew »

The check engine light in our Blazer came on and off and on it would run rough and not want to idle. Not having the time to tinker around with it due to a new 12 x 18 barn going up I took it to the shop this morning.
The shop called me around noon and told me they couldn't fix it because none of their test equipment will communicate with the on board computer in the Blazer. They said that the check engine light will not come on to give them the trouble codes and suggested that I take it to the dealer,
Anyone ever ran into this issue before? They tell me the computer must be bad. I am sensing big bucks right at a time that I am shelling out almost $4000 on this new barn. :x
[size=75]2001 S-10 Crew , A.R.E Cap, Limo tint windows, Halogen Back up lights. Bilstein Shocks, 1.5 Rear Spacers, Summit Rear Diff Cover Clear Bumper Lights, Carbon Altezza Tail Lights, Billet Grill. SS Step Bars. GM full front bra. ,,, GM Quote concerning the gurgling heater core " They all sound like that"[/size]
HenryJ
Admin K Elite
Admin K Elite

Post by HenryJ »

Check battery cable connections.

"Speed doesn't kill, suddenly becoming stationary does." - Richard Hammond
"Speed is just a matter of Money - How fast do YOU want to go?"-Mechanic from Mad Max-
If at first you don't succeed - Don't take up Skydiving!
- ThunderII KE7CSK