I think something is wrong...

Anything related to the stock drivetrain, engine, transmission, axles, wheels...

Moderator: F9K9

RidinhighS10
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

I think something is wrong...

Post by RidinhighS10 »

So i have been driving for the last few days, well maybe a week or two and i have noticed that as i turn the wheels to turn a corner there is a creaking sound towards the right front part of my truck. If i turn the wheels at all it makes the sound and it keeps going until i straighten out the wheels? anyone know wat could be happening? My friend suggested power steering fluid but its full and everything under my truck looks kosher. IDK whats wrong?
[size=75](2)Kicker S8L7's...new chrome design, one more still needs to be installed, Audiobahn 1800W class Dmono amp, 6" superlift k776, 32x11.5 procomp Muds, American Racing Baja's[/size]
kwalsh
Crew Elite
Crew Elite

Post by kwalsh »

Are you using the brakes as you turn?
[size=75]"Pain = weakness leaving the body."[/size]
Rusty

Post by Rusty »

When's the last time you had the front end greased? My Blazer did that and after I greased the bottom ball joints, the noise went away. Needless to say, I have since replaced the ball joints (and pretty much everyting else).
RidinhighS10
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

Post by RidinhighS10 »

i wasnt using the brakes because i dont have to go very fast for it to creak...where are the ball joints at? what grease should i use? thanks
[size=75](2)Kicker S8L7's...new chrome design, one more still needs to be installed, Audiobahn 1800W class Dmono amp, 6" superlift k776, 32x11.5 procomp Muds, American Racing Baja's[/size]
Rusty

Post by Rusty »

RidinhighS10 wrote:where are the ball joints at? what grease should i use? thanks
Here ya go...

http://www.s-10crewcab.com/og1/modinfo/ ... grease.htm

Not sure what to tell you on grease type. I use a synthetic but I can't remember the brand, etc. It's been in my greasegun for a while.
AZS10Crew
Crew K Elite
Crew K Elite

Post by AZS10Crew »

Maybe tie rod ends or idler arms also.
[size=75]Mark
[b][i][color=red]2004 Dodge Ram 1500 4x4 Quad Cab[/color][/i][/b]
[b][color=blue]"There are no stupid questions, just stupid people."[/color][/b][/size]
Rusty

Post by Rusty »

AZS10Crew wrote:Maybe tie rod ends or idler arms also.
I should have worded my post a little differently. I should have said anything that moves can squeak. :lol:

In my case it was the bottom ball joints. Apparently the previous owner thought the replacements never needed grease. Never mind that they had fittings for it! :roll:
BADs Crew
Crew Elite
Crew Elite

Post by BADs Crew »

My Blazer will do that if its dirty and cold outside. It is the swing arm bushings in my case. I won,t spend the $$$ to fix it because I want to trade it in soon.
[size=75]2001 S-10 Crew , A.R.E Cap, Limo tint windows, Halogen Back up lights. Bilstein Shocks, 1.5 Rear Spacers, Summit Rear Diff Cover Clear Bumper Lights, Carbon Altezza Tail Lights, Billet Grill. SS Step Bars. GM full front bra. ,,, GM Quote concerning the gurgling heater core " They all sound like that"[/size]
RidinhighS10
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

Post by RidinhighS10 »

hey thanks for all the help, ill go to the auto parts store and ask them what i should use in that case...ill try it out and c what happens.
Blaze One
Crew Elite
Crew Elite

Post by Blaze One »

I get noises too from my blazer , mechanic says it may be the BJ's .

When it is cold ,and i drive over speed bumps , I hear this creaky, groaning , sound from the front end .
[size=75]1995 Chevy Blazer 2dr 4x4 Limited Edition [/size]
RidinhighS10
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

Post by RidinhighS10 »

yea, im sure the cold dry air here in flagstaff makes it worse!! haha...its like 30 degrees or less everyday!!
04crewvt
Crew K Elite
Crew K Elite

Post by 04crewvt »

I have gotten creaking groaning noises from all 3 of my s-10/blazers in cold weather(below 0) In cold weather I think the factory rubber bushings harden and cause the noise. It usually stops after a few miles once they warmed up.
[size=75]Why does the universe decree that if you have all the time in the world to work on projects you have no money and vice versa?
Green 2004 ZR-5 w/ too much to list here: http://www.cardomain.com/ride/2296465[/size]
RidinhighS10
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

Post by RidinhighS10 »

does anyone know what synthetic grease i should use?? i could just buy some online or something. Thanks
BADs Crew
Crew Elite
Crew Elite

Post by BADs Crew »

I use PB BLASTER It gets into places products like WD 40 can't. Most auto parts stores around here carry it.
[size=75]2001 S-10 Crew , A.R.E Cap, Limo tint windows, Halogen Back up lights. Bilstein Shocks, 1.5 Rear Spacers, Summit Rear Diff Cover Clear Bumper Lights, Carbon Altezza Tail Lights, Billet Grill. SS Step Bars. GM full front bra. ,,, GM Quote concerning the gurgling heater core " They all sound like that"[/size]
AZS10Crew
Crew K Elite
Crew K Elite

Post by AZS10Crew »

BADs Crew wrote:I use PB BLASTER It gets into places products like WD 40 can't. Most auto parts stores around here carry it.
PB Blaster is awesome stuff for removing rust, etc. Works 100 times better than WD40! 8)
[size=75]Mark
[b][i][color=red]2004 Dodge Ram 1500 4x4 Quad Cab[/color][/i][/b]
[b][color=blue]"There are no stupid questions, just stupid people."[/color][/b][/size]