A/C problems

Anything related to the stock drivetrain, engine, transmission, axles, wheels...

Moderator: F9K9

rick
Crew
Crew

A/C problems

Post by rick »

Im running my A/C and it blows cold. Heres the problem when it idles or driving around after first start up it does not turn on you have to hit the gas untill the tranny downshifts in low . Sounds like a vacum problem any ideas. Once it kicks on it stays on even at idle. Its the first down shift the A/C turns on, Its an automatic. The RPMs usually are around 2500.
Last edited by rick on Fri Jan 27, 2006 6:19 pm, edited 1 time in total.
SONOMA915
Crew Elite
Crew Elite

Post by SONOMA915 »

Could be the transfer case vacum switch. It is vacum operated through the a/c somehow. There is a topic about it. It's right above your post.
[size=75]2004 GMC Sonoma ZR5 (Sold)
2005 Toyota Tacoma[/size]
rick
Crew
Crew

Post by rick »

I took my crew in the dealership today for the drivers side window motor going out, covered under warranty. So I had the check out the A/C they said it was the A/C clutch out of adjustment, there was to big of a gap and the mechanic adjusted it closer. Now it works fine.
BADs Crew
Crew Elite
Crew Elite

Post by BADs Crew »

Is it the inside fan or the clutch kicking out?
[size=75]2001 S-10 Crew , A.R.E Cap, Limo tint windows, Halogen Back up lights. Bilstein Shocks, 1.5 Rear Spacers, Summit Rear Diff Cover Clear Bumper Lights, Carbon Altezza Tail Lights, Billet Grill. SS Step Bars. GM full front bra. ,,, GM Quote concerning the gurgling heater core " They all sound like that"[/size]