4x4 selector switch

Anything related to the stock drivetrain, engine, transmission, axles, wheels...

Moderator: F9K9

04crewvt
Crew K Elite
Crew K Elite

4x4 selector switch

Post by 04crewvt »

Just perusing the LMC catalog and see a 4 wd selector switch with 4 buttons as opposed to the 3 on mine. Does anyone know what the extra button is for?
[size=75]Why does the universe decree that if you have all the time in the world to work on projects you have no money and vice versa?
Green 2004 ZR-5 w/ too much to list here: http://www.cardomain.com/ride/2296465[/size]
HenryJ
Admin K Elite
Admin K Elite

Post by HenryJ »

Auto trac , the AWD transfercase. The switch has an auto position.

"Speed doesn't kill, suddenly becoming stationary does." - Richard Hammond
"Speed is just a matter of Money - How fast do YOU want to go?"-Mechanic from Mad Max-
If at first you don't succeed - Don't take up Skydiving!
- ThunderII KE7CSK
04crewvt
Crew K Elite
Crew K Elite

Post by 04crewvt »

I wonder if anyone has ever retrofit an autotrac system in our crews. On the Bravadas the auto track lost the 4-low option but it looks like this might give all options.
[size=75]Why does the universe decree that if you have all the time in the world to work on projects you have no money and vice versa?
Green 2004 ZR-5 w/ too much to list here: http://www.cardomain.com/ride/2296465[/size]
HenryJ
Admin K Elite
Admin K Elite

Post by HenryJ »

The transfer case would fit , I'm not sure if the TCCM would work in ours, but I'm sure it could be done.

I am not impressed with the internals though. It uses a fluid / clutch coupling. The pump is stationed by a small metal clip. If this clip falls loose, the pump proceeds to saw it's way through the case. Most people think it is just a rear seal problem and find out way too late.
Personally I prefer the positive engagement of our stock transfercase.

"Speed is just a matter of Money - How fast do YOU want to go?"-Mechanic from Mad Max-
- ThunderII KE7CSK
04crewvt
Crew K Elite
Crew K Elite

Post by 04crewvt »

eeewww! that sounds like a negatory on the transfer case swap Bandit. Just thought it might be ideal combination of auto and manual 4 wheel drive systems. Might still be worth more investigation if a wrecked Bravada came up for sale cheap.
HenryJ
Admin K Elite
Admin K Elite

Post by HenryJ »

The same transfercase is used in other models as well. I have one from a 1999 Tahoe.

- ThunderII KE7CSK
SONOMA915
Crew Elite
Crew Elite

Post by SONOMA915 »

The TCCM may look the same, but you would have to check the wiring diagram to know for sure.
[size=75]2004 GMC Sonoma ZR5 (Sold)
2005 Toyota Tacoma[/size]
HenryJ
Admin K Elite
Admin K Elite

Post by HenryJ »

I am sure they are specific to the transfercase. I just don't know if adding the correct TCCM would even be possible for one not equipped with the autotrac. The needed wiring may not be there, or the PCM and BCM may not be compatible.

I know that some of the s-series Blazers had the one speed selectable transfercase. I do not know if they ever got the two speed selectable transfercase that the Tahoes use.

- ThunderII KE7CSK