So i tired to change my fuel filter today and Failed but...

Anything related to the stock drivetrain, engine, transmission, axles, wheels...

Moderator: F9K9

Blaze One
Crew Elite
Crew Elite

So i tired to change my fuel filter today and Failed but...

Post by Blaze One »

Lets just say , i did not even get it off the truck ! how do you get to this thing ??. I am just goin to leave it and let the garage put it in when i get a tune up .

On another note , I did clean out my Throttle body , HOLY CRAP was there a lot of black stuff in mine . after cleaning it my rough idle went away . So atleast I got some think acomplished .

so if you have a hesitation or rough idle take a look in there .
[size=75]1995 Chevy Blazer 2dr 4x4 Limited Edition [/size]
coffeedrnkr
Crew Elite
Crew Elite

Post by coffeedrnkr »

I thought the front clip on the fuel filter was a biznatch to get off, it took me a while but I eventually got it off.

once you get the clip off and undo the bolt it doesn't take very long to get it back together.
[size=75][url=http://s80.photobucket.com/albums/j162/coffeedrnkr15/]The Crazyblaze[/url]
d44/d60 5.13's, atlas 3.8
[/size]
jeff024
Crew K Elite
Crew K Elite

Post by jeff024 »

for me I have to take the plastic bracket that the filters in off the truck to get it out
Last edited by jeff024 on Mon Jul 25, 2005 6:56 pm, edited 1 time in total.
[size=75]2004 S-10 CREW CAB {TRADED IN}
........ 2006 Nissan Frontier Crew Cab[url=http://www.flickr.com/photos/jeff024/]PICS OF THE CREW CAB[/url][/size]
Blaze One
Crew Elite
Crew Elite

Post by Blaze One »

I found the bolt for the bracket thingy that the filter is in and there is no way i can reach it with a tool . It may be different on a 4dr Blazer though . I am taking it in for a tune up so they can install it .

But cleaning out the tb does make a nice improvment though .

What are some other things that I can just clean or replace myself ? Where is the egr valve ? does it have to be cleaned or somethin . what about the pvc thing too ?
[size=75]1995 Chevy Blazer 2dr 4x4 Limited Edition [/size]