tb's

Anything related to the stock drivetrain, engine, transmission, axles, wheels...

Moderator: F9K9

jeggers
Crew Elite
Crew Elite

tb's

Post by jeggers »

installed the tortionbars affter the sl kit and to get the ride hight to about 5" crasnked on the pasanger side untill it was allmost out of threds. any one else have this problem????? the driver side is ok. when installing them you could see that they were a little off?????
2001 cc 2" pa body lift traded
2004 cc zr5 2" pa body lift 6" super lift 2" rear shackle and tb crank traded for a v-max Silverado
2006 V-max cc
2001 ex cab 4x4 ls work truck rufff country 2" lift sold
2012 silverado WT 2wd
duglasfur
Regular
Regular

Post by duglasfur »

That's the way mine were. Passerger almost all the way in and Driver's about 1/2 way in.
[size=75]2001 Onyx Black Crew Cab[/size]
coffeedrnkr
Crew Elite
Crew Elite

Re: tb's

Post by coffeedrnkr »

jeggers wrote:installed the tortionbars affter the sl kit and to get the ride hight to about 5" crasnked on the pasanger side untill it was allmost out of threds. any one else have this problem????? the driver side is ok. when installing them you could see that they were a little off?????
WOW, slow yourself down a little bit on the typing. That took me a couple minutes to read. :lol: :wink:

Mine were pretty much even after I got my trailmaster on but I dont think it will hurt anything to have it cranked all the way, as long as the truck is level.
[size=75][url=http://s80.photobucket.com/albums/j162/coffeedrnkr15/]The Crazyblaze[/url]
d44/d60 5.13's, atlas 3.8
[/size]
jeggers
Crew Elite
Crew Elite

Post by jeggers »

coffeedrnkr wtote:
WOW, slow yourself down a little bit on the typing. That took me a couple minutes to read.

Mine were pretty much even after I got my trailmaster on but I dont think it will hurt anything to have it cranked all the way, as long as the truck is level.

Sorry guys I type like $#!% I forget to spell check. :hide:
2004 cc zr5 2" pa body lift 6" super lift 2" rear shackle and tb crank traded for a v-max Silverado
2006 V-max cc
2012 silverado WT 2wd
Rusty

Post by Rusty »

jeggers wrote:coffeedrnkr wtote:
WOW, slow yourself down a little bit on the typing. That took me a couple minutes to read.

Sorry guys I type like $#!% I forget to spell check. :hide:
I need a new keyboard - spilled too much coffee in mine! Constantly have to backspace over mistakes and retype. :?
quickbiker
Crew K Elite
Crew K Elite

Post by quickbiker »

Yea jeggers, they can't allways be even. The measurement that counts is from the floor to the frame or the swing arm pivot bolt, doesn't matter. I use the measurement as a guide to get it even, but as far as the CV shaft goes, I eyeball that and just by looking at it, you can see if you've gone to far and it's too much at an angle, a bit angled is fine, just too much will wear the CV's too fast. I've never broke or worn a CV shaft, just worn the stock boot. But now I got both after market, and they have softer boots, so I can angle it a bit more now.

If you can't get the height you want, if you can somehow get a hold of the SL tbar keys, Superlift Part No: 3103-6 . Those work great. I got a hold of mine by luck from ebay. They are re-indexed and produce more lift. They were too much before, but since I put the winch on, they work out perfect now. Before the winch, I was maxed out on the passenger side.
[size=75][url=http://outsideventure.com/s10crew/]01 S10 Crewcab - SAS'd[/url][/size]
jeggers
Crew Elite
Crew Elite

Post by jeggers »

thanks guys, when the time comes i will get new keys.
2006 V-max cc
2012 silverado WT 2wd