Blazer 1996 Model, V-6 vortec engine,TWO D signs in the dash

Anything related to the stock drivetrain, engine, transmission, axles, wheels...

Moderator: F9K9

Qamar
Crew
Crew

Post by Qamar »

I hope you want laugh. Its a very simple question which i am going to ask, as i have recently purchased the subject truck with no manual with it.
Well i can see two "D" signs in the dash board, while we move the shifter. The question is what are they for? i usuall drive my truck in 2 wheel drive with the D which have a border around it. Is it fine?
The second question is what is that D sign which is more prominent, having no border around it. (1-2 & then D)?

Regards
a2b
Mod K Elite
Mod K Elite

Post by a2b »

the D with the box around it is for using overdrive. which is probably your normal driving habits and freeway stuff. the naked D doesnt let the tranny go into overdrive. you want to use this when towing or when are in the mountains going up steel grades so it doesnt shift back and forth from overdrive to 4th and so forth and burn up your tranny
[size=75] -HOBIE

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^| ||__\
| ##Budweiser ###### | ||''|"\,__.
|_...__...________ ====| |__|__|...]
"(@)'(@)""""**|(@)(@)******(@)I[/size]
Qamar
Crew
Crew

Post by Qamar »

Thanks for the information.

Regards
F9K9
Mod K Elite
Mod K Elite

Re: Blazer 1996 Model, V-6 vortec engine,TWO D signs in the

Post by F9K9 »

Qamar wrote:Thanks for the information.

Regards
Don't be afraid to ask any questions :D

If you click [url=ttp://www.s-10crewcab.com/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=2824]HERE[/url] you will find that we have members (myself included) that do not know things about our trucks and some have owner's manuals :lol:
[size=75][b]"For those who have fought for it, [i][color=red]FR[/color][color=white]EE[/color][color=blue]DOM[/color][/i] has a taste that the protected will never know."
[url=http://www.naxja.org/forum/showthread.php?t=73349]GUIDE TO SEARCHING. [i] (Some of the forum software is different but, it has helped me a lot.)[/i][/url][/b]
[b]"Those who don't know history are destined to repeat it." Edmund Burke[/b][/size]
HenryJ
Admin K Elite
Admin K Elite

Post by HenryJ »

Qamar wrote:...i have recently purchased the subject truck with no manual with it....
I would suggest downloading an owners manual from here , MyGMlink.com as mentioned in this thread - GM link (downloadable owner's manual)

"Speed doesn't kill, suddenly becoming stationary does." - Richard Hammond
"Speed is just a matter of Money - How fast do YOU want to go?"-Mechanic from Mad Max-
If at first you don't succeed - Don't take up Skydiving!
- ThunderII KE7CSK
Qamar
Crew
Crew

Blazer 1996 model, V-6 vortec engine, Manual

Post by Qamar »

I want to thanks Henry for the user manual. It was quite informative for a begginer like me.
Regards
Rusty

Post by Rusty »

f9k9 wrote:
Qamar wrote:Thanks for the information.

Regards
Don't be afraid to ask any questions :D

If you click HERE you will find that we have members (myself included) that do not know things about our trucks and some have owner's manuals :lol:
Did you have to bring that one up? Hey, HJ, I think we need an emoticon with a paper bag over it's head! :lol:
Last edited by Rusty on Fri Mar 25, 2005 5:38 am, edited 1 time in total.
HenryJ
Admin K Elite
Admin K Elite

Post by HenryJ »

That is what this forum is all about...sharing information.

"Speed doesn't kill, suddenly becoming stationary does." - Richard Hammond
"Speed is just a matter of Money - How fast do YOU want to go?"-Mechanic from Mad Max-
If at first you don't succeed - Don't take up Skydiving!
- ThunderII KE7CSK