LS1 "Cut-out" Flares - Now available!

The Swap Meet - Buy , Sell ,Wanted ,Trade ,Ebay ,etc.

Moderator: F9K9

HenryJ
Admin K Elite
Admin K Elite

LS1 "Cut-out" Flares - Now available!

Post by HenryJ »

I thought it was another pipe dream that just died, but it looks like Mike won the race for cut-out flares!
LS1 ZR2 wrote:OK, after a long battle the LS1 flares are going to finally be available in numbers around the first of April. They will look exactly the same as mine, but will be made from fiberglass. Pricing will be $750 for a complete set of 4. These are a cut-out style of flare, and once installed the factory flares cannot be reinstalled. After they are installed, the front wheel well will be 37" and the rear will be 36.5".

The first ones will be for P/U trucks, both ZR2 and S-10, then we will be making Blazer flares. They will be available later in the year.

We are going to make a list of people that want these flares, and they will be shipped in that order. To get on the list, either send me a PM, or call the store (517-548-0108).

--------------------
If it were easy, everyone would do it!
I know they are not out yet and these are just pre-orders, but there are finally a set of cut-out flares that will be available.

Now the rears will not fit our crew cabs, so Bushwackers will still be the best option. At least there will now be a way to cure those rubbing fronts :D

Boy! can you imagine clearing 33x10.5's with no lift! It just might be possible :thumb:
Last edited by HenryJ on Mon Jul 25, 2005 5:09 pm, edited 1 time in total.

"Speed doesn't kill, suddenly becoming stationary does." - Richard Hammond
"Speed is just a matter of Money - How fast do YOU want to go?"-Mechanic from Mad Max-
If at first you don't succeed - Don't take up Skydiving!
- ThunderII KE7CSK
camelott112
Crew Elite
Crew Elite

Post by camelott112 »

hey hj can you find a pic and are these gonna fit on our crews?
HenryJ
Admin K Elite
Admin K Elite

Post by HenryJ »

Front fenders only right now.

They are being produced as a set for standard and ZR2 S-series trucks.

Here is a picture-

and there are more pictures here- Imagestation, Mike's truck

More pics

(you may have to copy/paste the above images)
Here is one thread: Mikes (LS1) Truck and another LS1 Flares

"Speed is just a matter of Money - How fast do YOU want to go?"-Mechanic from Mad Max-
- ThunderII KE7CSK
ludwis
Crew Elite
Crew Elite

Post by ludwis »

Wow, those look great. What size tires are they?
2003 S10 Crew 4x4
Mods: 1.5" Front Spacers - GM Valley Hitch - WeatherTech WeatherFlectors - Bilstein Shocks - Boise Spring works 2" rear spring kit - Truxedo Toneau Cover - PopLock tailgate lock - Hypertech Tuning - SKIDS Flares - 2" Body Lift - ZR2 Axle upgrade
HenryJ
Admin K Elite
Admin K Elite

Post by HenryJ »

ludwis wrote:Wow, those look great. What size tires are they?
35" Baja claw radials.

His truck does have a 6" lift and a fullsize front IFS installed.

Another post from Mike:
LS1 ZR2 wrote:Front flares (or rears) will be available. I know there are a number of different styles of trucks out there, and all the front fenders are the same, and it is the place that needs the most help.

With my new supplier, I will be able to make them quicker and be able to make different styles available. I plan to cover the entire S-Series platform, including the crew cab.

- ThunderII KE7CSK
HenryJ
Admin K Elite
Admin K Elite

Post by HenryJ »

Thought I'd give this topic a :bump: since I see that the information may be able to come directly from the source with a new member.

:wave:

- ThunderII KE7CSK
LS1 ZR2

Post by LS1 ZR2 »

So you saw the name and assumed it was me? :lol:

I have checked out your site from time to time, and sometimes see questions about my flares or truck. Thought I would join, and try to answer them.

I have a update on my flares. Last week I stoped out to see the progress on them. One front mold is complete, and the other is close. The rear mold doesn't really need anything done to it, so it won't be long before I have flares available. After the P/U flares are complete, I am going to make a rear BlaZeR flare. When these are done, if there is interest, I will do a crew cab flare. Remember, these are a extreme cut out flare. After these are installed, factory style flares will not fit anymore. My front wheel opening is 37" long, and the rear is 36.5" long.

Also, for those interested I have another order of black rock crawler wheels on the way. They are 15X8, with 5.25" of backspacing. They are powder coated black, without any pinstripe. I have 15 sets of standard wheels, and 3 sets of "Street Lock" wheels. A number of people are already on the list, but we still have wheels available. Anyone interested can contact my store, Diversified Creations 517-548-0108, with questions.
If it was easy, everyone would do it!
F9K9
Mod K Elite
Mod K Elite

Post by F9K9 »

:thumb:
Welcome to the site!
[size=75][b]"For those who have fought for it, [i][color=red]FR[/color][color=white]EE[/color][color=blue]DOM[/color][/i] has a taste that the protected will never know."
[url=http://www.naxja.org/forum/showthread.php?t=73349]GUIDE TO SEARCHING. [i] (Some of the forum software is different but, it has helped me a lot.)[/i][/url][/b]
[b]"Those who don't know history are destined to repeat it." Edmund Burke[/b][/size]
HenryJ
Admin K Elite
Admin K Elite

Post by HenryJ »

LS1 ZR2 wrote:So you saw the name and assumed it was me? :lol:...
Well, it was an educated guess ;) The profile was a bit of a "give away"... LS1 ZR2 , Brighton, MI , http://www.diversifiedcreations.com , Engineer , email address contains the name Copeland.
I was pretty sure that your first name might be Mike :lol:

Welcome and thanks for dropping in :D

- ThunderII KE7CSK
HenryJ
Admin K Elite
Admin K Elite

Post by HenryJ »

LS1 ZR2 on ZR2.com wrote:...On a positive note, we have completed the molds for my flares. We were able to change them back to ABS plastic, and should have them available for purchase in the next few weeks.
:thumb:

- ThunderII KE7CSK
HenryJ
Admin K Elite
Admin K Elite

Post by HenryJ »

I hate to say it , but I don't like the looks of this-

Now from what little information that I have these were a "hasty" cast from the original molds, and far from perfect.
I have no idea about the resources, capabilities, or expertise of this installer. Who knows maybe they will look better after some work?

Here is the thread from ZR2.com - LS1 FLARES Done

This is why you must take the time to do things right. I understand the "hurry-up" mentality , but sheez...it just makes for bad publicity.
If you are putting together a product ...guard your examples and prototypes carefully. One botch job early in will scare off the perspective customers.

Mike's truck looks great, but if no one but him can make these work and fit properly then the install may need to be done by a professional, or someone experienced with the install. That will add quite a bit to the costs.

I am going to have to play wait and see for my opinion on these now.

A couple of good installs and maybe I will regain some faith.
Last edited by HenryJ on Sun Mar 02, 2008 4:55 pm, edited 2 times in total.

- ThunderII KE7CSK
jeggers
Crew Elite
Crew Elite

Post by jeggers »

I think I may get sick now :oops:
2001 cc 2" pa body lift traded
2004 cc zr5 2" pa body lift 6" super lift 2" rear shackle and tb crank traded for a v-max Silverado
2006 V-max cc
2001 ex cab 4x4 ls work truck rufff country 2" lift sold
2012 silverado WT 2wd
jeff024
Crew K Elite
Crew K Elite

Post by jeff024 »

I agree they dont fit well at the door and almost looks like about 16 self tapping screws :!:
[size=75]2004 S-10 CREW CAB {TRADED IN}
........ 2006 Nissan Frontier Crew Cab[url=http://www.flickr.com/photos/jeff024/]PICS OF THE CREW CAB[/url][/size]
Steve2003
Crew Elite
Crew Elite

Post by Steve2003 »

HenryJ wrote:I hate to say it , but I don't like the looks of this
I don't think those are the original tires from the first picture, is that even the same truck? Those tires look awfully small, reminds me of my truck when I first got it lifted with the stock tires, just wondering what it would look like with 31's or 33's.
jeff024 wrote:I agree they dont fit well at the door and almost looks like about 16 self tapping screws
Jeff I agree with you, those screws look like sheeott!

Something just isn't right here!!

Steve
[size=75][color=blue]2003 S-10 crew cab[/color][/size]
[size=75][color=red]6in superlift[/color][/size]
HenryJ
Admin K Elite
Admin K Elite

Post by HenryJ »

Steve2003 wrote:... is that even the same truck?
No.

This is what I believe to be the second set.
Actually there may have been one set modified to fit a Blazer too?

The screws , or rivets are a "repairable" appearance issue. Some black powder coated caps and they would disappear.

This may just be "in progress shots" , I hope so :!:
EDIT:
Heavy_Diesel wrote:I have seen Mike's in person and I can tell you his are PERFECTLY inline with the doors - the set that Charlie got was the second set ever made and were NOT made with the mold that the new ones will be coming from. I suspect that's why Charlies didnt line up properly.

I dont believe it was product install error or mis-guidance - simply a matter of a funky pour into the mold - Just my 2c

Matt

- ThunderII KE7CSK
bubaloo1983
Crew Elite
Crew Elite

Post by bubaloo1983 »

im not sure if you have seen mikes truck from the side but the flares are the same. they just kinda go stright down, it is from the extreme cut i think? maybe it needs to be like that

heres the pic that you can see how there isnt a profile just more of line that cuts at the door we need a better pic but i cant find it

not knocking mike he is very intelligent and well respected. and i look up to him for that. im just saying the flares are the same

Image[/img]
Last edited by bubaloo1983 on Fri Apr 29, 2005 7:57 pm, edited 1 time in total.
[size=75]2003 ZR5 GMC Sonoma, SFA dana30, 35 inch tires, 4.10 gears, Cut out flares. Chrome Denali grill, custom made skid plates, shackles and badging

www.customskidplates.com[/size]
HenryJ
Admin K Elite
Admin K Elite

Post by HenryJ »

bubaloo1983 wrote:im not sure if you have seen mikes truck from the side but the flares are the same. and dont line up with the door very well. they just kinda go stright down, i have seen the pic of it. they are the same flare. not knocking mike he is very intelligent and well respected. and i look up to him for that. im just saying the flares are the same
WRONG!

Mike's flares do line up perfectly straight-

right front side shot
Left side view
Distant 3/4 rear shot
Last edited by HenryJ on Fri Apr 29, 2005 7:59 pm, edited 1 time in total.

- ThunderII KE7CSK
bubaloo1983
Crew Elite
Crew Elite

Post by bubaloo1983 »

henry, you dont even have an upclose pic man? :?: we need one at the same side and close up you will see how similar they look

im not being rude just staing what i have seen sorry if i came across that way. get a pic the same way i have seen one it will be the same
[size=75]2003 ZR5 GMC Sonoma, SFA dana30, 35 inch tires, 4.10 gears, Cut out flares. Chrome Denali grill, custom made skid plates, shackles and badging

HenryJ
Admin K Elite
Admin K Elite

Post by HenryJ »

bubaloo1983 wrote:henry you dont even have an upclose pic man? :?:

That is closer than the shot of the black truck , and I have the word of Matt (Heavy_Diesel) who I would dare you to question his honesty.

- ThunderII KE7CSK
bubaloo1983
Crew Elite
Crew Elite

Post by bubaloo1983 »

they may be installed differently up to the dorr but mikes still cut and dont blend with the fender
henry we nee dto see it from the other side so you can see how it looks from the back. im not trying to be hasty relax.

HenryJ
Admin K Elite
Admin K Elite

Post by HenryJ »

I guess that is your biased opinion.
I don't really understand what your trying to say, but you're entitled to your opinion. You may be speaking of your personal "artistic" impression?

The fit and finish is good on Mike's flares. Equal to or better than Bushwacker cut-out flares. They match the bodys profile perfectly.

The rivets on his were left natural, and tie in with his bead lock wheels.

JMO.
bubaloo1983 wrote:... they just kinda go stright down, it is from the extreme cut i think? maybe it needs to be like that...
Uhm, yeah. You have to be able to open the door. These are for the maximum size wheel well , there is no doubt. Trying to round the back of the flare would have weakened it as well as just not looked right at all.
Have you looked at the front of your rear flares? Same sort of thing there, no where to go.

- ThunderII KE7CSK
jeff024
Crew K Elite
Crew K Elite

Post by jeff024 »

mikes truck does look like they fit well at the door , I dont think the fit is the same on the black truck.
........ 2006 Nissan Frontier Crew Cab[url=http://www.flickr.com/photos/jeff024/]PICS OF THE CREW CAB[/url][/size]
bubaloo1983
Crew Elite
Crew Elite

Post by bubaloo1983 »

yah i think maybe he just didnt cut fas ar as mike maybe?? thats probably all it is. with such an extreme cut it must be hard to get them to fit 100 percent. when i was cutting my fenders i stopped at the inner black wall because there was more behind it and another layer of sheet. so maybe it was hard for this installer to get em perfect? they still look ok i think maybe with no bumber and a sloppier install it doesnt look as good as mikes :)

F9K9
Mod K Elite
Mod K Elite

Post by F9K9 »

Mike's flares look good :thumb:

I gotta make a couple of personal observations. :)

For the majority of us, we would require professional installation and a paint job (either to match our color or some contrasting color) which means additional dollars.

The Glassworks fenders, which show up on ebay every so often for $199, would need (again, for most of us) professional installation, a mod to the inner fender and painting. The stock fenders could always be reinstalled :)

Still no answer for the rear wheels and I doubt that the glassworks bed sides are adaptable to our Izuzu beds.

Just observations because I don't have plans for any of the alternatives and have no dog in this fight :D
[size=75][b]"For those who have fought for it, [i][color=red]FR[/color][color=white]EE[/color][color=blue]DOM[/color][/i] has a taste that the protected will never know."
[url=http://www.naxja.org/forum/showthread.php?t=73349]GUIDE TO SEARCHING. [i] (Some of the forum software is different but, it has helped me a lot.)[/i][/url][/b]
[b]"Those who don't know history are destined to repeat it." Edmund Burke[/b][/size]
LS1 ZR2

Post by LS1 ZR2 »

I don't know who installed Charlies flares, but they did not follow the directions for installing them. The flares he installed are exactly the same as the set on my truck, even pulled from the same molds. My front flares are designes to be aligned with the rear of the fender, and whoever installed these did not do that. The flare on his truck was not correctly positioned, and that is why they do not look like mine.

There are 3 sets of my flares out there, 1 on my truck, 1 on a BlaZeR, and the set shown in these pictures, all pulled off the original wood molds. Neither of the others look like the ones shown on the black truck. There will be more soon, as my production molds are complete, and flares are now being made. I have changed them back to ABS plastic, pulled on aluminum molds, so the molds will not ever change or go bad. The aluminum molds are more expensive, but it was the only way I could make them last and keep consistant quality.

My flares are "cut-out" style flares, designed for maximun wheel opening size. They extend the front openings to 37", and the rear to 36.5". I like the look of the exposed attachment rivets, and because the inner fender lip is removed they could not be attached in the wheel well.
If it was easy, everyone would do it!
HenryJ
Admin K Elite
Admin K Elite

Post by HenryJ »

LS1 ZR2 wrote:I don't know who installed Charlies flares, but they did not follow the directions for installing them.... The flare on his truck was not correctly positioned, and that is why they do not look like mine.
Thanks for setting us straight :thumb:

It really is too bad that an incorrect install can offer so much negative publicity.
One of the pitfalls of getting a new product "out there" , I guess :(

- ThunderII KE7CSK
bubaloo1983
Crew Elite
Crew Elite

Post by bubaloo1983 »

in all honesty they didnt look that bad on the black truck, with the straight edge at the door mispositioned and it was just missing the bumber and the small tires that made the package look wierd. i think they looked fine :) in terms of the actual flare

HenryJ
Admin K Elite
Admin K Elite

Post by HenryJ »

Now available, LS1 P/U Flares
LS1 ZR2 wrote:Finally, after a long wait we have flares in stock ready for delivery. The price is $600 for a set of 4.

We will be contacting the people whose names we have on the list, or call the store (517-548-0108) for a set.
Last edited by HenryJ on Sun Mar 02, 2008 4:56 pm, edited 2 times in total.

- ThunderII KE7CSK
Blaze One
Crew Elite
Crew Elite

Post by Blaze One »

holy shat ! those are some big cutouts . those are a little outa my reach but a great look on that ls1 zr2 .
[size=75]1995 Chevy Blazer 2dr 4x4 Limited Edition [/size]
jeff024
Crew K Elite
Crew K Elite

Post by jeff024 »

there is no flare no matter what its made of worth 600 unless there comming to install them
HenryJ
Admin K Elite
Admin K Elite

Post by HenryJ »

jeff024 wrote:there is no flare no matter what its made of worth 600...
You'd rather spend $1600 for a lift to install the same size tires?

- ThunderII KE7CSK
AZS10Crew
Crew K Elite
Crew K Elite

Post by AZS10Crew »

That's the way I was saying that bub's flares should install...with surface screws. That way any "inconsistencies" in cut or shape could be forced out by screwing them right to the fender. Those seem to require some major cutting which I don't think I'd be brave enough to do myself. :shock:

It doesn't seem like the rear ones would work on the crews anyway as the front of the flare near the cab is too wide. There's only about 2.5"-3" of metal between the front of the wheel well and the bed-cab gap, and half or more of that is cut away with bub's flares. It seems like you'd have to remove nearly all of it to get LS1's flares in there.
[size=75]Mark
[b][i][color=red]2004 Dodge Ram 1500 4x4 Quad Cab[/color][/i][/b]
[b][color=blue]"There are no stupid questions, just stupid people."[/color][/b][/size]
Blaze One
Crew Elite
Crew Elite

Post by Blaze One »

i agree those flares are a major modification project . But the idea of external screw heads is cool , the nissan frontiers have those kind of flares .
HenryJ
Admin K Elite
Admin K Elite

Post by HenryJ »

KCustom's Gross cut-out flares sure were cool. Too bad they never saw production.

I probably screwed up by not taking the molds and at least keeping them safe until something could be done with them :!:

- ThunderII KE7CSK
bubaloo1983
Crew Elite
Crew Elite

Post by bubaloo1983 »

good for mike. should see alot of zr2s with big tires now.

jeff024
Crew K Elite
Crew K Elite

Post by jeff024 »

HJ

I dont think I would pay the 600 or 1600 im happy where im at :)
bwenny247
Crew Elite
Crew Elite

Post by bwenny247 »

will these flares fit the rear fender of our crew?

i like bubs flares better, just my personal humble opinion. i don't want to step on anyones toes :? i like how his flows smoothly because the screws are inside the well.
but until i get pulled over for having my tires stick outside the truck body I'll stick with the stock style lil' flare :wink:
[size=75]*SOLD* 5" BDS, 2" PA, 33" MT's, HPPIII , Airaid TB spacer, K&N FIPK, March pulleys, 2.5" straight pipe, Trucktec tonneau, Herculinered body line down, 3/16" custom skid plates[/size]
HenryJ
Admin K Elite
Admin K Elite

Post by HenryJ »

bwenny247 wrote:will these flares fit the rear fender of our crew?
No.

- ThunderII KE7CSK
bubaloo1983
Crew Elite
Crew Elite

Post by bubaloo1983 »

No.
right to the point hj lol ;)

CountryMud

Post by CountryMud »

HenryJ wrote:I hate to say it , but I don't like the looks of this...

Now from what little information that I have these were a "hasty" cast from the original molds, and far from perfect.

This is why you must take the time to do things right. I understand the "hurry-up" mentality , but sheez...it just makes for bad publicity.

You know..... It was not a hasty rush. The molds were not anywhere near perfect. When the lip that attaches to the fender is a half inch sticking out, it makes damn hard to have the back edge of the flare be flush by the door. Not to mention I mounted the flare with the front edge level with the bottom of the fender by the grille. The back half, as I said, did not mount properly at all.
HenryJ wrote:
The screws , or rivets are a "repairable" appearance issue. Some black powder coated caps and they would disappear.

I personally think the 'riveted' look gives it an aggressive appearance. Not to mention LS1 attached them the same way, which was how he recommended I do it. But for you all to bash MY truck, on the account of LS1's flares, saying it looks bad with rivets? If I had posted it myself, would you of said that? Or just said, 'It's not my cup of tea.' Come on, thats just plain ignorant.
bubaloo1983 wrote:in all honesty they didnt look that bad on the black truck, with the straight edge at the door mispositioned and it was just missing the bumber and the small tires that made the package look wierd. i think they looked fine :) in terms of the actual flare

Thanks man. I like your flares too. 8)

Since LS1 has his great new molds out, I guess it doesn't really matter now. :roll:
They look great and work good for me.
Last edited by CountryMud on Tue Oct 25, 2005 1:30 pm, edited 2 times in total.
HenryJ
Admin K Elite
Admin K Elite

Post by HenryJ »

Thank you for taking the time to join and offer your side of the story.
It is way too easy to critique from pictures, seeing first hand is another thing and we can really pick things apart here, or at least I seem to. Don't take it personally.:thumb:

- ThunderII KE7CSK
CountryMud

Post by CountryMud »

Wanted to post this yesterday but due to the site being down:

Now that I have had a good nights sleep, looking back on that post, I was slightly angry. I just can't believe how people can critique it, when

a) they arent in person
b) i still had the 31's on
c) mike has the stock bumper, i dont (also makes it look tipped
d) the angle of my picture is totally different from ALL of mikes
e) improper molds

Oh, and Mike? About not following directions? Not including the short paragraph saying 'cut an inch here, drill holes, and rivet them on', there WERE no directions. :!: :roll:
HenryJ
Admin K Elite
Admin K Elite

Post by HenryJ »

Hey don't worry. There are a few less than perfect installs of the Skidz flares before a decent set of directions was organized.
One of the pitfalls of being a pioneer for new products.
I "trashed on" the installs of people who I hope that I can still consider friends.

We all learn from discussing things openly. If it was alll "oohs, aaahs and sugar coating" we would never improve anything.

The most important thing is that you are happy with it.
Peace :mg:

- ThunderII KE7CSK
F9K9
Mod K Elite
Mod K Elite

Post by F9K9 »

Looks like a good avatar to me, HenryJ :thumb:

Last edited by F9K9 on Thu Oct 13, 2005 6:35 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Blaze One
Crew Elite
Crew Elite

Post by Blaze One »

Looks good , what size tires any way ? 33 or 35"
CountryMud

Post by CountryMud »

2" body lift and 33" firestone destination MTs.
jeff024
Crew K Elite
Crew K Elite

Post by jeff024 »

welcome Charlie :wave: even though your driving an Xcab we dont mind you hanging out with us :poke:

:rock:

Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image
Walt
Admin K Elite
Admin K Elite

Post by Walt »

Man....I sure wish my truck sat that high with just a 2" BL :cry:
--Walt
2001 S-10 CrewCab - Retired...
AZS10Crew
Crew K Elite
Crew K Elite

Post by AZS10Crew »

HenryJ wrote: I "trashed on" the installs of people who I hope that I can still consider friends.
I'm almost ready to forgive you. :mrgreen:
[size=75]Mark
[b][i][color=red]2004 Dodge Ram 1500 4x4 Quad Cab[/color][/i][/b]
[b][color=blue]"There are no stupid questions, just stupid people."[/color][/b][/size]
HenryJ
Admin K Elite
Admin K Elite

Post by HenryJ »

There's trouble in...Rear LS1 Flares installed

:!: Doesn't look good. A good set of installation directions and pictures are a must!

EDIT: Looks like Mike is doing the damage control. At least he is willing to stand by the product and offers a new set to Charlie, if his have cracked?
That brings up another question. How do you match the rivets hole in a replacement? If they are not uniformly marked like the pocket flares, how will you ever match them back up?
LS1 ZR2 wrote: Here are the photos showing the install on a members truck. The photos are too large, so I linked them.

http://photobucket.com/albums/v235/ls1zr2/ZR2%20Flares/

A number of people have asked what size tire will fit with these flares. The truck in the photos has a 2" body lift, no suspension lift, with the t/bars at production height. The tire shown is a 35/12.50R15 on a 15X8 wheel with 5.25" of backspacing.
Last edited by HenryJ on Sun Mar 02, 2008 4:59 pm, edited 1 time in total.

- ThunderII KE7CSK
CountryMud

Post by CountryMud »

Henry, that is why Mike leaves them undrilled. You set where you desire your rivets.

::Edit:: Thanks for the avatar. 8)
HenryJ
Admin K Elite
Admin K Elite

Post by HenryJ »

- ThunderII KE7CSK
Horsehammerr
Crew Elite
Crew Elite

Post by Horsehammerr »

Are these LS-1 Front Flares still available? How can I get a pair? Has anyone developed rear flares for our Crews?
[size=75]'02ZR5 YellowCruzCab-Airbox chopped,Quadlights,Intake defuser chopped,Precat chopped,HD Bilsteins, 9x16 '84 Corvette wheels, NEXEN 245/50 tires, front & rear Sway bars, All Poly bushings in full suspension, front lowered 3 1/2", ZR2 rearend with 5" suspension lowering , FUN FUN FUN
HenryJ
Admin K Elite
Admin K Elite

Post by HenryJ »

Horsehammerr wrote:Are these LS-1 Front Flares still available?
As far as I know.
How can I get a pair?
Contact Mike Copeland , Diversified Creations ( (810) 227-4777) sales@diversifiedcreations.com
Has anyone developed rear flares for our Crews?
No.

- ThunderII KE7CSK
cdnuser
Crew Elite
Crew Elite

Post by cdnuser »

Wow :drool:

Mike's truck is awesome.. Is that a corvette engine in his truck! Anyone know more about his truck? Does he have a personal website?

It also looks like he has a different interior.

http://www.imagestation.com/album/?id=4289094133
2kwik4u
Crew Elite
Crew Elite

Post by 2kwik4u »

Looks like corvette seats and steering wheel to me. Otherwise pretty stock interior (assuming you don't count that cage in there)
[size=75][url=http://picasaweb.google.com/2kwik4u]2kwik4u's pics[/url][/size]
LonestarZ
Crew
Crew

Post by LonestarZ »

Yes in his truck is a LS1 engine.. although he did have a LS6 engine in it for a while.
[size=75]Dave

[url=http://www.zr2usa.com/members.php?a=member&id=545]2002 ZR2 5spd[/url][/size]
Horsehammerr
Crew Elite
Crew Elite

Post by Horsehammerr »

I had this thought this morning while looking at a copy of the LMC S-10 truck catalog. I came to the body replacement parts and there were new Zr2 front fenders for $99. Can't we just change to these fenders and get a lot more tire clearence ?
[size=75]'02ZR5 YellowCruzCab-Airbox chopped,Quadlights,Intake defuser chopped,Precat chopped,HD Bilsteins, 9x16 '84 Corvette wheels, NEXEN 245/50 tires, front & rear Sway bars, All Poly bushings in full suspension, front lowered 3 1/2", ZR2 rearend with 5" suspension lowering , FUN FUN FUN
HenryJ
Admin K Elite
Admin K Elite

Post by HenryJ »

Horsehammerr wrote:...new Zr2 front fenders for $99. Can't we just change to these fenders and get a lot more tire clearence ?
Alittle , not a lot. The opening is reported to be 1/2" wider.

- ThunderII KE7CSK
cdnuser
Crew Elite
Crew Elite

Post by cdnuser »

Horsehammerr wrote:I had this thought this morning while looking at a copy of the LMC S-10 truck catalog. I came to the body replacement parts and there were new Zr2 front fenders for $99. Can't we just change to these fenders and get a lot more tire clearence ?
Wow love that LMC catalog. Its like a candy store.
Jigg
Crew Elite
Crew Elite

Post by Jigg »

They also have a large metal edge that sticks down to mount the flares to... so you'd need to get flares as well, which is $$$
[size=75][url=http://www.synergyoffroad.com]Synergy Offroad[/url][/size]
Horsehammerr
Crew Elite
Crew Elite

Post by Horsehammerr »

Well then forget that idea!!! I'm just going to stick to the MMLift and cut these dang wheel wells out till they work the way they should have to begin with. Spacers,Shocks, Shackels,Tires,Body Lift,and CHOP CHOP CHOP!!
F9K9
Mod K Elite
Mod K Elite

Post by F9K9 »

Horsehammerr wrote:Well then forget that idea!!! I'm just going to stick to the MMLift and cut these dang wheel wells out till they work the way they should have to begin with. Spacers,Shocks, Shackels,Tires,Body Lift,and CHOP CHOP CHOP!!
Well, we need to hold tight on Brule's evaluation on the SkidZ flares. He had problems with his original set He had serious questions after 1+ yrs and I have over 1 yr on mine w/o problems following Brule's installation advice.

I have 2 sets that I am sitting on (I think 45 sets were made)! I won't rape you but, you'll you met me :wink:
Horsehammerr
Crew Elite
Crew Elite

Post by Horsehammerr »

Can you part with a set? I tried to PM you but I must have hit the wrong button. Horsehammerr@centurytel.net
F9K9
Mod K Elite
Mod K Elite

Post by F9K9 »

Horsehammerr wrote:Can you part with a set? I tried to PM you but I must have hit the wrong button. Horsehammerr@centurytel.net
I emailed you but, will PM you later today.
HenryJ
Admin K Elite
Admin K Elite

Post by HenryJ »

LS1 Mike wrote:After way too much time, LS1 flares are coming off the molds. We have 50 sets of flares being made, with a expected delivery date before 5-1-08.

Currently, we have just over 20 people on the waiting list. We will contact these people and start shipping to this list as soon as they arrive.

We are working on rear flares for BlaZeRs, and hope to have them soon. My son has a BlaZeR body (thanks Dave) to install on his chassis, and we will be using it to prototype the first set of BlaZeR flares.

We have worked very hard to control pricing, but just like everything else, the price is going up a little. The flares are going to be $650 for a set of 4. Front sets for BlaZeRs will be $325 a pair. But, for everyone on the list, and people that have their name added to the list before they arrive, we will sell them for the old price of $600 for a set of 4. If you want to be added to the list, call the store at 810-227-4777.

Remember, as soon as they arrive, the price goes up.

- ThunderII KE7CSK
F9K9
Mod K Elite
Mod K Elite

Post by F9K9 »

His SFA kit might just be actually close to fruition too but, I do not want to imagine the price.
gocntry
Crew Elite
Crew Elite

Post by gocntry »

f9k9 wrote:His SFA kit might just be actually close to fruition too but, I do not want to imagine the price.
LS1Mike wrote:We are still working on price, but I expect it to be around $2K with everything for the base kit. We will include the components to lift the rear as well in the kit.
The Crew Is Gone, Now I Have A Hoe
F9K9
Mod K Elite
Mod K Elite

Post by F9K9 »

That is without the Dana 44 Rubi axle, gearing, lockers and install. Add 2K to the price and it would be conservative.
gocntry
Crew Elite
Crew Elite

Post by gocntry »

f9k9 wrote:That is without the Dana 44 Rubi axle, gearing, lockers and install. Add 2K to the price and it would be conservative.
Yep That's Right, I Thought You Were Refering To Just The Kit Price, You Have To Supply Your Own Axle And Front Driveshaft, And Putting A Fixed Yoke Front Output In The Transfer Case.

Being The Superlift / BDS IFS Lift Cost About The Same The Pricing Is Pretty Decent If It Is Going To Be About That Price. Some Welding Is Required But I Don't See This Being Anything That Can't Be Done In My Garage.
The Crew Is Gone, Now I Have A Hoe
F9K9
Mod K Elite
Mod K Elite

Post by F9K9 »

I forgot about the SYE and drive shafts. Add another 1K
Built2Bend
Crew Elite
Crew Elite

Re: LS1 "Cut-out" Flares - Now available!

Post by Built2Bend »

I hate to drag this back up guys but I'm looking at buying a set of these any one know where I can find some good install instructions? I can't seam to find any?

Any other info or advice about them?