Front Drive shaft loose

Anything related to the factory RPO Crew Cab.

Moderator: F9K9

christian
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

Front Drive shaft loose

Post by christian »

I was checking my front drive shaft for some slack and as surprisingly it had alot of loose.... :? Is this normale??? I can understand a little slack but not too much either. and you can't grease the shaft on other models of trucks ....so no fix there....

Christian Jacques

2002 s-10 crewcab ls

Val-bÈlair, quÈbec, Canada
a2b
Mod K Elite
Mod K Elite

Post by a2b »

what do you mean loose???? as in it will turn....yes it will turn....but is it supposed to rattle back forth. heck no. if its loose, then your cv is shot and you need a new shaft...let me know if you need one. i know where to get them
[size=75] -HOBIE

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^| ||__\
| ##Budweiser ###### | ||''|"\,__.
|_...__...________ ====| |__|__|...]
"(@)'(@)""""**|(@)(@)******(@)I[/size]
quickbiker
Crew K Elite
Crew K Elite

Post by quickbiker »

Get a Woody! :lol:
[size=75][url=http://outsideventure.com/s10crew/]01 S10 Crewcab - SAS'd[/url][/size]
christian
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

Post by christian »

No it's not loose from going in and out...it's a loose from up and down...a vertical looseness;)
quickbiker
Crew K Elite
Crew K Elite

Post by quickbiker »

You talk'n bout the front drive shaft and not the cv half shafts, right? If so, you can just wait till it blows up completely like I did, then I got a woody. Got 1310 U joints front and rear, should last a long time now. And both are greasable, also with slip joint that is greasable. I am also hoping the same setup can be used with an SFA when that day comes, I'm sure it can, cause the limit is almost all the way inwards.
[size=75][url=http://outsideventure.com/s10crew/]01 S10 Crewcab - SAS'd[/url][/size]
christian
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

Post by christian »

Well it is still under warranty...so if it breaks well they should repair it free of charge only problem here in Quebec is that the majority of the dealers, there personnel(mechanics and service men) have gone on strike...it's been almost one year now...and the dealers have made it a lock out...so getting service and parts from my dealer is a real pain in a ass when the time comes..... :x :x Now i do all my maintenance myself....since i'm a mechanic anyway 8) ..lol

Christian Jacques

2002 S-10 Crewcab Ls