Vacuum hose

Anything related to the factory RPO Crew Cab.

Moderator: F9K9

plantone
Crew
Crew

Vacuum hose

Post by plantone »

in doing some regular maintence this week, i noticed that some of my vaccum hoses under the hood were really looking rough.

is there a list around here that gives the various diamaters of vac line i would need - and an approx length of each - to go in and replace mine? or do i need to do the old "cut a half inch and re attach" and take those peices in to get replacement hose.

this is for a 4.3 4x4
"Politics: The art of appearing candid and completely open while concealing as much as possible." - Frank Herbert

"Your mother was a hamster, and your father smelt of elderberries" - The French Fellows
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

'03 LS Crew Cab
plantone
Crew
Crew

Re: Vacuum hose

Post by plantone »

found this "unversal" kit on amazon, would this be workable solution?

http://a.co/d/6fwOS03
Kit includes: 3 Pieces of Silicone Vacuum Hose : ID 0.12" (3mm) x 10FT (3Meter) + ID 0.16" (4mm) x 6FT (2Meter) + ID 0.31" (8mm) x 3FT (1Meter)
"Politics: The art of appearing candid and completely open while concealing as much as possible." - Frank Herbert

"Your mother was a hamster, and your father smelt of elderberries" - The French Fellows
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

'03 LS Crew Cab
blurd

Re: Vacuum hose

Post by blurd »

I just did some vacuum hose replacement and I got 5/32" and 7/32"
I think one hose that goes to the transfer case switch was 7/32 and the other two were 5/32, then one going from the valve cover over the brake booster to the t-connector was 7/32
The T-connector to the vacuum canister was 5/32

There was another line that I still need to check out going under the battery to the actuator.
2003 S-10 Crew ZR5 swapped rear end with 8.5" ring gear from ZR2