Temporary rear window leak fix?

Anything related to the factory RPO Crew Cab.

Moderator: F9K9

shguiuc115
Regular
Regular

Temporary rear window leak fix?

Post by shguiuc115 »

The rear sliding window on my 2002 CC is leaking around the seal between window frame and cab. :cry:
It will take the body shop that replaced the window a few years back to get parts in and arrange an appointment.
I was thinking of using some duct tape for a temporary fix. :?:
Anyone have any thoughts?
Thanks.
_STUCKY
Crew Elite
Crew Elite

Re: Temporary rear window leak fix?

Post by _STUCKY »

See if you a Glass Specialty in your area. Our local one has been able to handle several different jobs no problems. Rear car windows, tractor windows, ect, ect.

If not, try silicone instead of tape.
ApproachMedium
Crew Elite
Crew Elite

Post by ApproachMedium »

Silicone is a much better idea. It can easily be peeled off and water wont damage the adhesive, because it is and adhesive. When the repairs are to be made it can be peeled off with zero damage to your vehicle.
Knowledge has no value unless its shared with others.
Exploration Machine- 02' CC V8 swap. 300K+
Portable Roller Coaster- 07' MKV VW GTI
Its another Jeep- 98 TJ
F9K9
Mod K Elite
Mod K Elite

Post by F9K9 »

_STUCKY wrote:See if you a Glass Specialty in your area. Our local one has been able to handle several different jobs no problems. Rear car windows, tractor windows, ect, ect. ..........If not, try silicone instead of tape.
ApproachMedium wrote:Silicone is a much better idea. It can easily be peeled off and water wont damage the adhesive, because it is and adhesive. When the repairs are to be made it can be peeled off with zero damage to your vehicle.
X2
[size=75][b]"For those who have fought for it, [i][color=red]FR[/color][color=white]EE[/color][color=blue]DOM[/color][/i] has a taste that the protected will never know."
[url=http://www.naxja.org/forum/showthread.php?t=73349]GUIDE TO SEARCHING. [i] (Some of the forum software is different but, it has helped me a lot.)[/i][/url][/b]
[b]"Those who don't know history are destined to repeat it." Edmund Burke[/b][/size]
shguiuc115
Regular
Regular

Post by shguiuc115 »

Thanks for the replies.
I went with the silicone.