Satisfaction Surveys

Anything related to the factory RPO Crew Cab.

Moderator: F9K9

Pat
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

Satisfaction Surveys

Post by Pat »

GaryH wrote:
snowsurfer wrote:that's what I've been doing basically... As soon as it gets to1/4 tank I fill up, oh well, don't know if it's worth taking into the dealership.

I gave up on the dealer myself. I haven't been able to get them to fix anything else. And they keep sending me stuff in the mail wanting me to extend my warranty for some insane amount of money? Yeah, right! I've just been fixing most of the problems myself and learning to live with some of the others, like the flaky gas gauge.

What is even more ridiculous is that they send out a customer satisfaction survey wanting to know how happy we were with the service. They do not understand that if there was not something very wrong with our vehicles we would never go to the dealership and have them work on them. Yet they still 90% of the time say that they could find no trouble. I think that the worlds biggest idiot could tell when something suddenly changes in a vehicle we drive everyday. It often makes me wonder just what it is that they call customer satisfaction.

Split the topic to keep things on topic :) -HJ
quickbiker
Crew K Elite
Crew K Elite

Re: gas gauge

Post by quickbiker »

Pat wrote:What is even more ridiculous is that they send out a customer satisfaction survey wanting to know how happy we were with the service. They do not understand that if there was not something very wrong with our vehicles we would never go to the dealership and have them work on them. Yet they still 90% of the time say that they could find no trouble. I think that the worlds biggest idiot could tell when something suddenly changes in a vehicle we drive everyday. It often makes me wonder just what it is that they call customer satisfaction.

I always throw away surveys. I mean they want $60/hour to do anything, but want us to give them our time free to do paperwork to help them? Come on. :lol:
[size=75][url=http://outsideventure.com/s10crew/]01 S10 Crewcab - SAS'd[/url][/size]
Rusty

Re: gas gauge

Post by Rusty »

quickbiker wrote:I always throw away surveys. I mean they want $60/hour to do anything, but want us to give them our time free to do paperwork to help them? Come on. :lol:

I prefer the somewhat evil thrill of feeding the blasted things to the shreader, along with the junk about updating my warranty! Much fun to watch the little pieces come out!

:evil:
HenryJ
Admin K Elite
Admin K Elite

Post by HenryJ »

I do fill out the surveys.

A couple of times they sent a brand new dollar bill with them, for my trouble (less than minimum wages), but I would have filled it out anyway.

How else are they to improve if they don't know where thier problems lie?

I do believe that GM does listen , since a really poor dealership here lost the GM product lines.

I for one would like to be a part of the solution and do my little insignificant part to promote a better product and services.

"Speed doesn't kill, suddenly becoming stationary does." - Richard Hammond
"Speed is just a matter of Money - How fast do YOU want to go?"-Mechanic from Mad Max-
If at first you don't succeed - Don't take up Skydiving!
- ThunderII KE7CSK
Justin
Crew Elite
Crew Elite

Post by Justin »

I normally throw out the surveys but i cant wait to get the one saying "you gmc sonoma was in on the 23rd of june for survice" survey

that was the date my truck went in for the final time for the ses light before replacing the motor.....I will state that I am happy with the result but I will also staple copies of all 7 invoices about how i had this problem and it was now corrected. I will also tell how they had it for 3.5 weeks.

my dealer sends surveys in the mail and sometimes they even call and have a sweet talking female on the phone..It is moniterred..last time she called i had asked how old she was and if she was single :lol:
[size=75]05 Sierra LLY "Silver Bull"[/size]
HenryJ
Admin K Elite
Admin K Elite

Post by HenryJ »

Justin wrote: i cant wait to get the one saying "you gmc sonoma was in on the 23rd of june for survice" survey
I'm also anticipating my next survey :evil: four weeks , four appointments , and four trips to the dealership for balljoints and a wheel bearing.

"Speed doesn't kill, suddenly becoming stationary does." - Richard Hammond
"Speed is just a matter of Money - How fast do YOU want to go?"-Mechanic from Mad Max-
If at first you don't succeed - Don't take up Skydiving!
- ThunderII KE7CSK
NTXCrew
Crew Elite
Crew Elite

Post by NTXCrew »

I used to have a 1990 Chevrolet Lumina Euro and we had a local dealer do some work on the transmission. We had to take it back two more times!!! They were supposed to replacing gaskets, but when I got it back, it wouldn't shift out of first after five minutes. :x Turns out when they put the transmission back, they stretched the linkage between the automatic transmission and the computer so that it couldn't tell the transmission to shift. :x But the dealer I use for service now, where I know the parts manager and one of the senior auto techs, has been great. I had my wife's 1995 Pontiac Grand Am GT out there a while back. They found a blown fuse in addition to the work I was having done and replaced it for free. Not to mention they found that the heater core had a massive leak and charged me 1/2 price for the part and the tech (my new neighbor) put it in off the clock. He had already replaced the upper intake manifold gasket on the clock... :D 5 or 6 hours @ $65/hour....you do the math. Anyways...there are good dealer service departments out there :wink:
2003 S-10 Crew Cab - Indigo Blue Metallic
Flowmaster 40 w/ turndown, Chopped Airbox, APC clear corners, Trenz billet bowtie, Shaved badges, Sylvania Silverstars, Xenon fogs
-Jim
Doogy
Regular
Regular

Post by Doogy »

I'm with you HenryJ. How can they know they are screwing up or have poorly engineered/manufactured something without the feedback to try and make it right. Maybe it is an idealistic perspective, but I like to think they won't file my response under "G" once they receive it. The only problem I have with the dealerships around here is they want me to communicate the problem/repair to a service consultant who then relays it to the mechanic, orders through the parts dept, who communicates it back to the consultant and then tells me what the hell is wrong. " Did he say there's somethin wrong with the transmission or did he say he was at the Train station"???? :lol: Some times I wonder if in the good ole days where the service station owner was the same guy that ordered the parts, wrenched on your car, and took pride in his establishment and a job well done, that we were better off.........................Geeesh sounds like I'm getting bitter in my old age. :wink:
Doogy
Jim

Post by Jim »

When I filled out the survey from GM about customer satisfaction I gave the dealer all excellent marks & the truck all excellent responses except: The engine sounds like it's going to come apart & the heater blower fan on high has a uneven sound. Maybe enough responses like mine have now lead to the chain tensioner.
Best Regards, Jim
2004 Tahoe, Summit white, loaded up. 06 front air dam, wood interior trim, Shaved Roof Rack, Escalade rear vents, LED Tails, SLP dual cat back exhaust w/ Flowmaster 70 muffler, 20 inch 07 Sierra wheels.
Pat
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

Post by Pat »

HenryJ wrote:

How else are they to improve if they don't know where thier problems lie?

I do believe that GM does listen , since a really poor dealership here lost the GM product lines.

I for one would like to be a part of the solution and do my little insignificant part to promote a better product and services.

I guess I stirred the pot on this one. Its just that they frustrate me. I also fill out the surveys but I have not gotten a response on any of them yet.
Scott03
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

Post by Scott03 »

Hey, just an FYI. My borther is a ASE tech at a chevy delaership here in Omaha, NE. They do take those surveys very seriously. His team, about four techs, must receive all completely satisfied surveys. I mean everything has to be marked completely satisfied. If they don't, they don't get their survey bonuses (i think $200 per person) for the month. So, trust me they do try their hardest (at least at his dealership) because it could mean an extra 200 bucks a month for them.
Hirolln
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

Post by Hirolln »

Scott03 wrote:Hey, just an FYI. My borther is a ASE tech at a chevy delaership here in Omaha, NE. They do take those surveys very seriously. His team, about four techs, must receive all completely satisfied surveys. I mean everything has to be marked completely satisfied. If they don't, they don't get their survey bonuses (i think $200 per person) for the month. So, trust me they do try their hardest (at least at his dealership) because it could mean an extra 200 bucks a month for them.

You've got it almost completely correct!! I work at a chevy dealer and they do look at those surveys. In fact, the survey goes to GM first (and they do keep track) then they send it on to the dealership's management. GM uses the surveys to see how the dealerships are doing and does pay a bonus of $100 for each completely satisfied survey (both for sales or service). Its a big deal to the dealers to have completely satisfied customers and this information does affect the people that sell or service your trucks! From pay raises to 401k plans, they are all tied to the CSI survey and if you look around your dealer, you will see the results posted for the past year and you can compare your dealer to others in the area.

I'm lucky enough to work at a dealer that ranks number 2 for service and number 3 for sales in the nation (Tier 1 dealers)