distance?

Anything related to the factory RPO Crew Cab.

Moderator: F9K9

2002ZR5
Regular
Regular

distance?

Post by 2002ZR5 »

i was looking at my crew cab today and noticed the rear end sagging a little found out my shocks are shot anyone know how much room there should be between the top of my back tire and the inside of the fender well? just trying to get a idea how bad the shocks are thanks
HenryJ
Admin K Elite
Admin K Elite

Re: distance?

Post by HenryJ »

Check the stock information pages on our website (click logo above) for trim height measurements. The rear is listed as "D height"

"Speed doesn't kill, suddenly becoming stationary does." - Richard Hammond
"Speed is just a matter of Money - How fast do YOU want to go?"-Mechanic from Mad Max-
If at first you don't succeed - Don't take up Skydiving!
- ThunderII KE7CSK
barch97
Crew K Elite
Crew K Elite

Re: distance?

Post by barch97 »

Your shocks may very well be "shot" but that should not effect the height of your rear end. Your leaf springs are probably sagging. There is however an inexpensive bolt-on kit that will fix this.

*Edit: The price has gone up a bit since that page was created. Not quite doubled but close... Still not terribly expensive for a very effective fix.
[size=67][i]"Some people are like Slinkies. Not really good for anything, but they still bring a smile to your face when you push them down a flight of stairs."[/i][/size]