Filling Up

Anything related to the factory RPO Crew Cab.

Moderator: F9K9

MooreMoney

Filling Up

Post by MooreMoney »

I have a 2003 CC and when I go to fill it up, it spills gas every where. Whatever triggers the gas nozzle to stop flowing when the tank is getting full does not happen. I have been to at least seven different gas stations and the same thing happens. This really stinks becuase I have to clean up the mess and get the gas off my truck. I haven't talk to my dealer yet but I was wondering if anyone else has had this problem. The last few times I got gas I didn't fill it up so I wouldn't have to clean up fuel. :twisted:
2003 S-10 Crew Cab, All FActory Installed Options, Kenwood Deck w/MP3, Bazzoka Bass Tube, 300W Kenwwod Amp
Conman
Crew Elite
Crew Elite

Re: Filling Up

Post by Conman »

MooreMoney wrote:I have a 2003 CC and when I go to fill it up, it spills gas every where. Whatever triggers the gas nozzle to stop flowing when the tank is getting full does not happen. I have been to at least seven different gas stations and the same thing happens. This really stinks becuase I have to clean up the mess and get the gas off my truck. I haven't talk to my dealer yet but I was wondering if anyone else has had this problem. The last few times I got gas I didn't fill it up so I wouldn't have to clean up fuel. :twisted:

Hmm. Mine is the other way around. it keeps stopping. I have to tilt the handle up to pump. It does stop when full even when tilted for me.

Good Luck,

Con
[size=75]2007 Hummer H3 all Stock
Sold: 2004 Chevy Avalanche Z71 all Stock.
Sold: 2002 Chevy S10 Crew Cab ZR5 - Mods: Truxedo Bed Cover, APC and TYC Lights.[/size]
ExMoparMan
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

Post by ExMoparMan »

my 2003 does the same thing, I just have to pull the lever on the pump handle to the first notch and listen for when the tank is almost full. When I received my customer survey form from GM I thought it was odd that that question was on the form, "any problems with filling the gas tank A) fuel spilling B) nozzle shuts off early C) problems with nozzle not staying on. It sounds like there is a problem that GM knows about with the fuel tank fill tubes on the crews :twisted:
Mike H.
Crew Elite
Crew Elite

Post by Mike H. »

Looks like the 2002s don't seem to do it. I can get at least 1.5 more gal in after first tripping the handle.
[size=75][url=http://f2.pg.photos.yahoo.com/ph/mikeh3235/lst?.dir=/&.src=ph&.done=http%3a//f2.pg.photos.yahoo.com/ph/mikeh3235/lst%3f%26.dir=/2002%2bGMC%2bCrew%2bCab-Spacers%26.src=ph%26.view=l&.view=l]Yahoo Photo Pages[/url]
(previous) 2002 GMC Sonoma Crew Cab
(now) 2004 Nissan Titan LE 4x4 Crew Cab[/size]
barch97
Crew K Elite
Crew K Elite

Post by barch97 »

I live in jersey
AZS10Crew
Crew K Elite
Crew K Elite

Post by AZS10Crew »

Mine does that too. I usually run the pump at full blast for the first 10 gallons or so then back it off to the slowest setting for the last couple gallons. That usually does the trick and it shuts off on it's own fine.
[size=75]Mark
[b][i][color=red]2004 Dodge Ram 1500 4x4 Quad Cab[/color][/i][/b]
[b][color=blue]"There are no stupid questions, just stupid people."[/color][/b][/size]
dhawke
Crew
Crew

Post by dhawke »

I dumped about a half a gallon on the ground this morning! Don't go telling the EPA on me. :roll:

This is the first time I have really noticed it being much of a problem. And I fill up everytime so that I can keep track of my MPG's.
HenryJ
Admin K Elite
Admin K Elite

Post by HenryJ »

I haven't really had this problem since the bodylift. (that might have helped the situation)

I do quit pumping at the first shut off though.

This truck has an exceptionally long filler hose. It is the same fuel tank used on the extra cabs, they just extended the filler hose to reach under the extra 12" of cab we have and back to the fuel door in the Isuzu bed.

"Speed doesn't kill, suddenly becoming stationary does." - Richard Hammond
"Speed is just a matter of Money - How fast do YOU want to go?"-Mechanic from Mad Max-
If at first you don't succeed - Don't take up Skydiving!
- ThunderII KE7CSK
NTXCrew
Crew Elite
Crew Elite

Post by NTXCrew »

happens to me, too
2003 S-10 Crew Cab - Indigo Blue Metallic
Flowmaster 40 w/ turndown, Chopped Airbox, APC clear corners, Trenz billet bowtie, Shaved badges, Sylvania Silverstars, Xenon fogs
-Jim
a2b
Mod K Elite
Mod K Elite

Post by a2b »

i have had it happen at some pumps. but the pumps in CA dont ever spill nothing cuz they are designed crazy
[size=75] -HOBIE

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^| ||__\
| ##Budweiser ###### | ||''|"\,__.
|_...__...________ ====| |__|__|...]
"(@)'(@)""""**|(@)(@)******(@)I[/size]
Scott03
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

Post by Scott03 »

I have the same problem with my 03, some pumps do, some don't. Now i just listen once it gets close and stop it myself