Vacuum line disconnected, where does it go?

Anything related to the factory RPO Crew Cab.

Moderator: F9K9

williamcstonejr
Crew Elite
Crew Elite

Vacuum line disconnected, where does it go?

Post by williamcstonejr »

I have run searches on vacuum on just about every way I could think of and did not find anything on my issue. I have searched ALL DATA and my manuals and cannot find a schematic to tell me what I am looking for. I have a vacuum line that drapes over the brake booster that goes into a check valve then tees off to a hard line that runs into the cab I am assuming for the HVAC controls. Anyway I was looking for a cab entry for my electrical for mt hydrogen experiment I found this small hose was falling apart and was going to remove it for replacement when I found the hose coming off of the tee did not connect to anything at all. :?: any way I cannot find anything in the area it would connect to and I cant find anything on the schematics that shows where it goes. The hose in my hand is the one that goes into the cab (Needs replacement) the hose on the right is the one I am confused about, anyone got any insight? I linked a pick of the hose it is the one to the right connected to the check valve, any help would be very appreciated. Thanks, Billy

Link to pic - http://i268.photobucket.com/albums/jj8/ ... umline.jpg
[size=75]All it takes is time and money.....the two things I don't seem to have very much of[/size]
HenryJ
Admin K Elite
Admin K Elite

Post by HenryJ »

vacuum line detached *solved*
HenryJ wrote:That line connects to the vacuum reservoir.
This is a plastic tank in the left front fender that retains a reservoir of vacuum for time when the engine produces little vacuum. Under acceleration the engine develops very little vacuum and this tank provides a source to compensate.
Older trucks had a plastic ball.
Feel under the lip of the fender for the nipple. it is almost impossible to see without a small mirror.

"Speed doesn't kill, suddenly becoming stationary does." - Richard Hammond
"Speed is just a matter of Money - How fast do YOU want to go?"-Mechanic from Mad Max-
If at first you don't succeed - Don't take up Skydiving!
- ThunderII KE7CSK
roadrunner
Crew K Elite
Crew K Elite

Post by roadrunner »

I looked on my 01 and the hose you appear to be holding has an attachment nipple hidden under the rear end of the ABS motor mounting bracket. I can't tell what it is hooking onto but as near as I can tell without removing the ABS motor it looks like possibly a in the fender mounted vacuum reserve pod. Likely made out of plastic. As I said that's what it looks like and perhaps Brule or others can shed further light on the subject.

edit: Brule beat me to the punch but at least I get to feel vindicated. :)
2001 CC LS, pewter, stock, 4.3,Wait4meperformance, CFM throttle blade, Helix throttle body spacer, 4spd auto, 3button electric 4x4 shift, heavy duty factory suspension, Bilsteins, 1" rear wheel spacers, skid plates.
YellowCrewCabber
Crew Elite
Crew Elite

Post by YellowCrewCabber »

roadrunner wrote:I looked on my 01 and the hose you appear to be holding has an attachment nipple hidden under the rear end of the ABS motor mounting bracket. I can't tell what it is hooking onto but as near as I can tell without removing the ABS motor it looks like possibly a in the fender mounted vacuum reserve pod. Likely made out of plastic. As I said that's what it looks like and perhaps Brule or others can shed further light on the subject.

edit: Brule beat me to the punch but at least I get to feel vindicated. :)
Yes that's where it connects.
[size=75]04 ZR5 CC

Xbox Live Gamer Tag-Gefke6367[/size]
williamcstonejr
Crew Elite
Crew Elite

Post by williamcstonejr »

Thank you ALL! for the help! Man that was frustrating, turns out replacing both of those hoses fixed my pesky little pulsating brake pedal I have been scratching my head over also :lol: I am attaching a pic just in case anyone else wants to see the nipple. Now I just need to get a new brake switch, the stupid brake lights have been staying on and pushing and pulling on the brake pedal would fix the problem but it is getting worse. It really does not pay being lazy about this stuff in the long run!

Image Image
[size=75]All it takes is time and money.....the two things I don't seem to have very much of[/size]