DTC P1626

Anything related to the factory RPO Crew Cab.

Moderator: F9K9

kwalsh
Crew Elite
Crew Elite

DTC P1626

Post by kwalsh »

I had a rather annoying Presidents' Day this year. Some friends and I were out at the family farm doing some relaxing and house maintenance and when it was time to pack up and head home; the CC wouldn't turn over.

We spent about 2 hours troubleshooting. confirmed spark, fuel pressure,
(the plugs & wires are a month old), no corrosion on the distributor (1 year old). Even shooting starter fluid into the throttle body wouldn't help turn her over. It sounds like the timing may be off, the CC would stop, almost click and then continue trying to turn over.

I had to get the CC towed to my uncle's shop. DTC P1626.
I may have to reprogram the BCM or just repalce it. The CC is still in the shop.

:?: I'm frustrated. I don't recall any of us experiencing anything like this.
[size=75]"Pain = weakness leaving the body."[/size]
drperry
Crew Elite
Crew Elite

Post by drperry »

Could be the ignition failing out as well...

If one of the tumblers is off by enough, the truck won't start, even if the key turns...

Out of curiosity... Did you try all the keys you have?
2005 Chevy Blazer
5 Speed 4x4
kwalsh
Crew Elite
Crew Elite

Post by kwalsh »

Yes. I tried both keys.
roadrunner
Crew K Elite
Crew K Elite

Post by roadrunner »

DTC P1626 Says Theft Deterrent System, fuel-enable circuit. May sound odd but did you check all fuses? If so theft deterrent system may have internal/electronic failure. Possibly a fuel pump relay? Just throwing some ideas out for consideration. :shrug:
2001 CC LS, pewter, stock, 4.3,Wait4meperformance, CFM throttle blade, Helix throttle body spacer, 4spd auto, 3button electric 4x4 shift, heavy duty factory suspension, Bilsteins, 1" rear wheel spacers, skid plates.
kwalsh
Crew Elite
Crew Elite

Post by kwalsh »

I got my CC back yesterday. The mechanic told me there was nothing major wrong with the truck; it was only flooded. I disagree my scanner threw DTC P1626.

I read my service manual about this code and it scares me. It appears that I could get this code while driving and my fuel will be disabled.

I need a second opinion on this issue. Help please.
williamcstonejr
Crew Elite
Crew Elite

Post by williamcstonejr »

Have you replaced anything recently? his is just one of the things I have found that may help.

Fuel Lockout Cycle

The Passlock system has a lockout cycle of approximately 10 minutes . Once the vehicle is in the lockout cycle, the vehicle remains in the lockout cycle for 10 minutes , even if the ignition switch is turned from the RUN position to the OFF position.

The Passlock system uses the lockout cycle in order to synchronize all of the Passlock components when any Passlock related part is changed. The Passlock system requires 3 consecutive lockout cycles in order to complete the 30 minute learn procedure for a changed component.

Another possibilty:

The key and the lock cylinder work together in order to determine if the proper ignition key was used to start the vehicle.

In the event of an open Class 2 serial data line between the BCM and the VCM/PCM, the vehicle will become fail-enabled if the VCM/PCM has already received the password from the BCM for that ignition cycle (the engine is running). In this event, the following conditions occur:

The security telltale will be ON continuously.
The VCM/PCM will become fail-enabled for future ignition cycles.
If a failure in the Class 2 serial data line occurs before the ignition cycle, when the VCM/PCM is not fail-enabled, the following conditions occur:

The VCM/PCM will never receive a valid password in order to enable the fuel injectors.
The vehicle will not start.

I just called my old Gunnary Sgt who is a Certified GM mechanic out here. He said he has had customers with this problem on and off due to a worn key, may be as simple as having a new key cut??????????
[size=75]All it takes is time and money.....the two things I don't seem to have very much of[/size]
williamcstonejr
Crew Elite
Crew Elite

Just another idea

Post by williamcstonejr »

Your truck may not be involved in this but it is just another idea to look at just in case. I know your in PA. but I'm in Ca. and my truck was first sold in Virginia.
Campaign - Fuel Injector Sticking Closed
File In Section: 06-Engine Emissions
Bulletin No.: 99066F
Date: March, 2003
SPECIAL POLICY
SUBJECT:
99066F - SPECIAL POLICY ADJUSTMENT - SEQUENTIAL CENTRAL PORT
FUEL INJECTION (SCPI) FAILURES IN CALIFORNIA ONLY (YF5
EMISSION EQUIPPED)
MODELS:
CERTAIN 1996, 1997, 1998, 1999, 2000, 2001, 2002 S/T, M/L, C/K, G,
P, W4/NPR TRUCKS AND 2003 NPR TRUCKS EQUIPPED WITH 4.3L
(RPO L35 - VIN CODE W OR RPO LF6 - VIN CODE X), 5.0L (RPO L30
- VIN CODE M) OR 5.7L (RPO L31 - VIN CODE R) ENGINE AND
CALIFORNIA EMISSION EQUIPPED (RPO YF5)
This bulletin is being revised to add the 2002 and 2003 model years to the SCPI Special Policy on certain S/T, M/L, C/K, G, P and W4/NPR truck models. Please discard Special Policy Bulletin Number 99066E, dated February, 2003.
CONDITION
Some customers of 1996, 1997, 1998, 1999, 2000, 2001, 2002 model year S/T, M/L, C/K, G, P, W4/NPR trucks and 2003 NPR trucks, that are registered in California, equipped with 4.3L (RPO L35 and VIN Code W, or RPO LF6 and VIN Code X), 5.0L (RPO L30 and VIN Code M) or 5.7L (RPO L31 and VIN Code R) engine, and California emissions (RPO YF5), may experience a "Service Engine Soon" light, misfire, rough idle or hard start due to a deposit build-up on the Sequential Central Port Fuel Injector (SCPI) poppet valve(s). The deposit build-up may cause injector poppets to stick closed. Certain fuels have been found to interact with the SCPI system to cause the deposits.
SPECIAL POLICY ADJUSTMENT
This special policy covers the SCPI failure condition described above for a period of ten (10) years or 200,000 miles, whichever occurs first, from the date the vehicle was originally placed in service, regardless of ownership.
[size=75]All it takes is time and money.....the two things I don't seem to have very much of[/size]
kwalsh
Crew Elite
Crew Elite

Post by kwalsh »

williamcstonejr: Thanks for the input. I don't have the RPO L35 and Vin Code W.

I haven't had another repeat of this code. Just to be safe I've switched over to the extra key, which is pretty much in brand new condition.

The situation still bothers me, but I'm hoping for the best.

Regards,
Kevin